doubts about cargo data

good evening everyone.

This serqa I noticed a problem with cargo weights
the crj700 mail as cargo 2438 but the doubt came to me between simbrief the tablet and ncdu.
In the sense that in simbrief by downloading the profile I found in this forum it allows me to enter up to 8.5 in cargo.
On the ncdu I can manually enter only 1950 (I attach photos)
While from the tablet I can enter up to the correct value of 2438.
I wanted to try to create a correct simbrief profile but I don't know how to manage it given the discrepancy of the values that I can insert in the sail

Can anyone help me ?

Please login to display this image.

Hi Thomas

A few years back I got really tired of chasing SimBrief+"Name of the Addon Here" equality.  So I decided to fly based purely on ZFW.  I match my aircraft profile in Sim Brief with the figures for my addon with regards to OEW, Max ZFW, Max Fuel, Max TOW and Max LAW.  From there I plan all my flights regardless of addon with the cargo set to auto and generate the flight plan.  For the CRJ I enter only the ZFW and fuel given by Simbrief and the weights end up matching within a few percent.  

Hi Thomas

A few years back I got really tired of chasing SimBrief+"Name of the Addon Here" equality.  So I decided to fly based purely on ZFW.  I match my aircraft profile in Sim Brief with the figures for my addon with regards to OEW, Max ZFW, Max Fuel, Max TOW and Max LAW.  From there I plan all my flights regardless of addon with the cargo set to auto and generate the flight plan.  For the CRJ I enter only the ZFW and fuel given by Simbrief and the weights end up matching within a few percent.  

For the CRJ specifically I use these profiles 

Hello and thanks for the reply.
But the discrepancy between the aircraft tablet and NCDU is very strange if I would like to enter the flight plan manually without a tablet becomes problematic for the weights and the rest of the data.
question but this discrepancy is normal, am I wrong with some calculations?

No, the FMS not accepting more than 1950kg is wrong in this case. It should accept values even as high as 8000+ kilograms. I do not know the exact limit, but an educated guess would be maximum zero fuel weight minus basic operating weight = max payload.

For example, in my company we almost exclusively use the cargo field in the FMS to enter our total traffic load (pax + cargo). The FMS does not care, it just adds whatever you enter to the basic operating weight to get a ZFW. It does no mass and balance calculations.

I think perhaps for some reason, the cargo field in the FMS is limited to max aft cargo weight only? Just a guess.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Thomas, This is a known issue and it's already on our issue tracker. It will be looked in due time but unfortunately it's impossible to give any further estimates when fix would be available. Thanks for reporting it still though!

Archived