A-330 and v5.2 HF1 (similar behavior with A-320/321)

IBE1133

Some issues with new HF from  Prepar3d, unflyable, self explanatives.

Similar behaviour with A-320, A-321.

In addition to that, once selected A-330 or A-32x, if I try to change my vehicle to any other, I got a CTD.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Luis

Please login to display this image.

Hi, Mathijs,

Yes, P3D (installed C:\Prepar3Dv5) is running under administrator rights, and I see no problem in add-ons.cfg. Please find attached additional related screnshots.

In addition to that, consider how wierd is my FPS value (0,8) in an stock airport (I got usually 30 FPS, more or less). No Active Sky running, default options (LM suggested to execute "Delete generated files" after install.

Thanks for your fast response and let me know if I can do something to help.

Luis

Additional findings and considerations:

1. No log file from Data folder has changed since I last started P3D v5.2, BEFORE updating to HF1 (e.g. AB_ND_GDI.log, ECAM_Systems.log, etc). Just weird. P3D running on admin rights.

2. I intentionally deleted add-ons.cfg from users folder. At next start, P3D regenerates the file by itself (when it asks "Enable ... add-on?), with no TITLE tag at all.

I am probably wrong, but it seems to me that these issues have not relationship with any config file. Maybe any windows registry entry is not set properly?

3. Why FPS are now extremely low with the buses? (Tests condicted on default stock airport).

4. No changes adding a TITLE line into add-ons.cfg.

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

The Airbus logic is checking for title entries in the add-on.cfg.

If you use the official installer….these entries are generated by the installer.

I’m delayed until this evening before I can post these strings.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Here are the correct entries:

[Package.8]
PATH=D:\Bob\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A330 Pro V5
TITLE=Aerosoft A330 Professional
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.9]
PATH=D:\Bob\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Pro V5
TITLE=Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.10]
PATH=D:\Bob\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Pro V5
TITLE=Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Hi, Masterhawk.

I know you know, but maybe not everybody does. P3D has 2 different add-ons.cfg: One of them is located under Users folder (in my case C:\Users\Luis\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5. The other one is at ProgramData folder (in my case C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5).

Recommended installation procedure by LM states clearly that you must execute Deleted Generated Files batch, after uninstalling v5.2 and installing v5.2 HF1 (check attached image).

When you do that, both add-ons.cfg files are deleted. First time you execute again P3D (this time v5.2 HF1 already) it begins to ask you for enabling each and every add-on you have installed by the new method (add-on.xml).

For every affirmative answer, P3D inserts a new package in Users folder add-ons.cfg (no TITLE tag at all), and ProgramData folder add-ons.cfg remains unchanged (empty).

Well, I insert your TITLE lines (exactly) in my Users folder add-ons.cfg, no changes took place. No way to fly the aircraft. I didn't do it in ProgramData folder add-ons.cfg (how could I suppose....).

But when you said that original installer inserts the TITLE tag, I thought that it could be a good idea to uninstall the bus and reinstall it again.

Fortunately that almost solved my problem, because after reinstall of the A-330 or editing of the add-ons.cfg in ProgramData folder, everything seemed to be ok. But surprisingly, on subsequent starts of P3D, the issue is back again. Same for A-320/A-321. P3D empties the add-ons.cfg in ProgramData folder by itself????

In addition to that, some additional questions raise in my mind:

1. If LM recommends to delete files after install, and both add-on.cfg files are deleted, no way, you must reinstall the A-330 in order to make it fly (or if you are an advanced user, you can edit your ProgramData add-ons.cfg file, with required values).

2. This recommendation comes from the fact that LM has changed the behavior of P3D, so stating it, they try to avoid some misconfiguration issues, due to new features. That leads us to think, as users, that our backup'd files could be harmful, or at least, useless.

3. With due respect, if P3D scan for add ons does not restore the ProgramData add-ons.cfg entries, why A-330 relies on these particular entries? My understanding, as a user, is that LM is not compliant with its own add-on policy or, on the other hand, the buses are not integrated into P3D folllowing that LM policy. This is not good nor bad, simply lead us to additional work (for edition or backup of that particular file). LM actually assumes that developers have got a certain degree of freedom as they also recommend us to contact the developers.

I shall be glad if this topic can help anyone. This is my only intention, I like very much your buses and I do know it is not an easy work to build something like them. But at the same time, even having got a workaround, I would like to encourage you to analyze the issue and, if it is required, to introduce any needed modification to avoid it, for us, your users, for further occasions.

Thanks a lot for your kind and fast support.

Luis 🙂

• Deputy Sheriffs

If I’m not wrong….the automatic insertion into the add-on.cfg, will only happen for addons, that have their add-on.xml in the documents folder.

…\documents\prepard3d v5 addons\addon xyz\add-on.xml

If you install your addon somewhere else, no automatic recognition.

And that’s why I backup my addon.cfg files.

And the two mentioned add-on.cfg files:

One is used by P3D for the insertion of the automatic detected, the other is used for addons placed somewhere else, registered by installers or by the prepar3d.exe command line options.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, IBE1133 said:

3. With due respect, if P3D scan for add ons does not restore the ProgramData add-ons.cfg entries, why A-330 relies on these particular entries? My understanding, as a user, is that LM is not compliant with its own add-on policy or, on the other hand, the buses are not integrated into P3D folllowing that LM policy. This is not good nor bad, simply lead us to additional work (for edition or backup of that particular file). LM actually assumes that developers have got a certain degree of freedom as they also recommend us to contact the developers.

Prepar3D cannot do a scan throughout your PC to find all the different add-on.xml files that you have. It will only do so automatically on designated folders. By default one folder that is always checked is the \Documents\Prepar3D v5 Addons\ (like Masterhawk mentioned). All the other paths that the sim checks have to be defined in the add-on.cfg file. If these entries are missing the sim would not know where to look for the add-on.xml from your PC and since it cannot find the add-on.xml file it does not have instructions where the actual files for the add-on are located.

Before add-on.xml you had to have the add-ons basically inside the simulator folder in their designated folders. But since add-on.xml you were able to define different location for these files through the .xml instruction. Even if the add-on.xml and the actual files are in the same folder, without this add-on.xml the sim would not know that the actual files for the aircraft are located on the same folder.

The main benefit with this is that you can keep all the add-on related files isolated from your main P3D installation since mixing add-on files with default files lead into confusion which files are default and which are add-on related.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think the problem started with LM update. LM states in the HF update notes: If Prepar3D was installed before updating to the hotfix it is strongly recommended to run the “Delete Generated Files” shortcut in Prepar3D’s installation directory after installing the hotfix and before running Prepar3D for the first time. This will revert Prepar3D to its default settings but may also impact the installation of add-ons. If running this is not possible due to add-on configurations then removing the VolumetricClouds.cfg in the “%appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5” is strongly recommended due to changes to cloud appearances made in the hotfix.

The problem you mentioned could have been avoided by just deleting the VolumetricClouds.cfg file after running the update.

23 hours ago, Hanse said:

I think the problem started with LM update. LM states in the HF update notes: If Prepar3D was installed before updating to the hotfix it is strongly recommended to run the “Delete Generated Files” shortcut in Prepar3D’s installation directory after installing the hotfix and before running Prepar3D for the first time. This will revert Prepar3D to its default settings but may also impact the installation of add-ons. If running this is not possible due to add-on configurations then removing the VolumetricClouds.cfg in the “%appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5” is strongly recommended due to changes to cloud appearances made in the hotfix.

The problem you mentioned could have been avoided by just deleting the VolumetricClouds.cfg file after running the update.

Hanse is very right! I deleting "generated files", and after that the sim was very "default" no sceneries, no installed planes no nothing. So I install Windows and P3D5.2 HF1 again. In my opinion, delete generated files is stupid function! 

• Deputy Sheriffs

I completely agree and ran into the same problem. But I was lucky having a backup of my P3D installation prior to the HF update. So I used it and after the installation of the HF I just edeleted the "VolumetricClouds.cfg" and everything was OK.

• 1 month later...

Yes, I read about volumetricclouds.cfg in P3D forum, they forgot some things in HF1...

Well, I'm sorry for not commenting this post in the last month. During this time, I have few opportunities to start my sim, but almost everything seems to be stable. And I have said "almost" because under some circunstances (it happens from time to time, but I was not able to reproduce it, so far), entries in add-ons.cfg (programdata) for aerosoft's buses are lost, maybe, when adding another scenery or add-on (not sure, but checking that behavior). The question is that, when this happens, those entries are lost, title tag is not found and everything gets spoiled.

I'll come back as soon as I canreproduce this issue, that was in the origin of this post.

Thanks y'all.

Archived