DEST part of PROG page not updating, shows ---

eag_a

On the PROG page, the destination airfield has a tendency to show ---- fields. Unsure what's causing it. In the attached example, I have no discontinuity in the flight plan.

Please login to display this image.

On 7/1/2021 at 10:22 AM, BobbyFuzzy said:

Have you selected a runway for the destination airport? I believe this is a requirement for this to make a calculation. 

What do you mean by selecting the runway? If you mean selecting an approach in the DEPP ARR page, then yes. Or is that a runway waypoint? Indeed, even if the plan was imported from Simbrief, it seems like there is no runway waypoint (jumps straight from a final approach point to the missed approach). How would I add that runway?

I've noticed this issue also makes the DEST field of the MFD DATA page bugged: it will show the ETA as the current time.

What's weird is that the time to destination is correctly computed when shown on the MFD through MFD MENU -> WINDOWS -> VNAV

Thus, this makes me think this is a bug.

Have you cleared all discos?  Is there a vector entry in the legs?  If you final "waypoint" before the approach is a vector, the FMC has no way of knowing how far you will vector I think.  

I filed a bug report for this, because ETA is shown on advisory VNAV correctly no matter what but bugged on MFD DATA and not displayed on PROG sometimes. Surely if it's shown on VNAV, it can be also in the other windows.

Archived