ENAT- Alta airport and water elevation issues (MSFS 2020).

Steve 66

I am using the latest World Update for the Nordic countries and purchased ENAT (Alta) last week. There are some not so nice issues with the airport and water elevations, trying to blend in with the default surroundings. I believe by lowering the entire airport elevation (plus the water and land parts belonging to the airport), will solve the problem. Perhaps some additional elevation adjustments are required. Screenshots can be provided if needed, but these issues are very obvious to the user. I am not using any other scenery or DEM (mesh) addons. Please provide a solution for this.

Thanks,

Steve

Some additional info while I wait for the developers response: The real airport and the default MSFS-2020 ENAT are both at an altitude of 10 feet above sea level. The Aerosoft version is 30 feet (9 meters) higher, at 40 feet above sea level. Looking forward to a fix and/or response.

Steve

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think the problem is introduced with the latest MSFS update, which included corrected elevation data for Norway. I currently do not have the latest MSFS update installed, nor the latest versio 1.0.1.0. Are you on the latest version of Alta and where did you buy it?

Hi Otto,

Thanks for your reply.

I bought Alta at the Aerosoft Shop (Order number: 1120339053) and I am running the latest version 1.0.1.0 as per the Aerosoft Updater. I did not have the airport before the latest MSFS version, but I am sure most people that fly in the Nordic countries have updated by now. Other payware Norwegian airports that are close to sea level (ENCN, ENAL and ENVA), all seem to work or have already been corrected.

I think it's a "fairly easy" fix for someone with the source package files. Having the airport at the correct elevation should be the first priority for any developer. I would really appreciate a correction to this otherwise spectacular airport and its unique location.

Steve

• Deputy Sheriffs

I just checked it with v 1.0.1.0 of ENAT, WorldUpdate for Scandinavia and latest MSFS update which made many corrections to the northern region and IMHO everything looks correct:

Please login to display this image.

Thanks for your input. In some of Otto's pictures above you can see the water sloping up on land. And below are some pictures that hopefully explains what I am seeing and the altitude number in the upper left corner (freeware addon for MSFS). The correct altitude for ENAT is 10 ft above sea level. Hope these pictures help.

Steve

I also have issues with this (and only this) airport. Not sure if my issues are related to the "water elevation issues" described in this thread.

I did buy the ENAT Alta Airport for MSFS 2020 from the build-in Marketplace via my Steam account.

I am using the latest version (1.0.1.0) and also for MSFS I am using the latest version, i.e. including the update for nordic countries.

Here are my issues, which are in fact a show-stopper:

No matter which (standard) plane I select, my controls are going crazy, i.e. throttle does't work at all. Has some fixed value, like 7%, but doesn' react to my TM Hotas Warthog. The only thin which works reliable is the parking brake button. If I release the parking brake, the plane may (or may not) start to accelerate and move in any direction, without being steerable.

For each other airport (also 3rd party airports, like Alesund) everything works flawless (for each plane). 

Urs

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please do not hijack a topic with a completely different issue. Create your own one please.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the update, but the issue still exists after the update(there are other issues as well, mentioned in a separate topic on the forum). The sloping water and incorrect altitude of the airport and custom ground layout is still present. I hope this will be fixed soon, because I really like this airport.

Steve

Archived