Some repaints are not working with the Aerosoft Airbus X...

hey guys

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong topic, since it's the first time I'm asking something on the Aerosoft forum.

So recently I purchased the Aerosoft Airbus X [A320/A321 pack from Steam] for FSX, and I really like it

I found lots of liveries for airlines I love, and I'm satisfied.

One day, I was looking through the forums for an Air India repaint, and I found a few. I tried them all, but every time I did, the livery manager would just stop responding... I never had that issue before...

And when I tried manual installation, I get a message saying: "Could not start up flight model"

I followed all instructions correctly, so I have no idea why I'm getting this error. So some help would definitely be appreciated.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you sure, that the livery is not for the newer professional version?

IS the model entry in the texture section the correct one. Same file structure as for other livery’s of same aircraft type?

Bob is absolutely correct.  There are actually three different versions of the Airbus (the Airbus X is only one of them) that were developed over many years, and there are liveries for all versions of the Airbus. In some cases an livery developed for an older version may be modified by the user to work with the latest version of the Airbus Professional, but for the older versions of the Airbus you'll have to ensure the downloaded livery is made for the Airbus X.  This information should be in the description.

Best wishes!

HI.

Thanks for the reply.

I have downloaded this repaint right here:

The author of the livery above doesn't mention which version of the aerosoft a320 the repaint is designed for.

I tried this one as well, and the author mentions that it's designed for the Airbus X [which I'm guessing is the one I bought from steam]

The repaint above doesn't work as well. I haven't been able to find any other air india repaints as of now...

For the Air India repaint made by JanKees Blom you cannot use the Livery Manager, you have to install the "old fashioned way" by unzipping and then Copy and Paste the livery and then the aircraft.cfg entry. The reason is a simple one, when the AirbusX was released (in 2010) there was no Livery Manager, that was only included after the release of the AirbusX Extended in 2012.

John

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived