Sound issues

Captain Nav

Hello,

I have 2 sounds issues in the A318/319/320/321 in P3D V4.5 please.

The first one is with GSX. GSX interaction sounds are totally cutoff when I use the aircraft, but it works with other aircraft (777, etc...). GSX works, but I can't hear anything from GSX. The GSX Services option is on.

The second is with the sound of the aircraft. There is a quite loud constant background noise (quite loud with headsets on) I can't get rid of. The sound options in the MCDU3 do not seem to have much effect even when battery sounds, cooling sounds, etc... are reduced to 10%, for example. In outside views, you can hardly hear the engines (which is Ok actually). Overall, the sound seems to be "weird".

I used to have the aircraft on FSX and don't remember having those difficulties (with GSX in particular).

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 16 Stunden , Captain Nav sagte:

The first one is with GSX. GSX interaction sounds are totally cutoff when I use the aircraft, but it works with other aircraft (777, etc...). GSX works, but I can't hear anything from GSX. The GSX Services option is on.

1. About what specific GSX "sounds" you are talking about? You do not hear p.e. any sounds from the crew / passengers when boarding?
  2. Are you really using the MCDU3 menu to start the GSX functions like BOARDING, FUELING, PB etc.?
  3. Make sure that your device settings in GSX and in P3D are identical - please see screenshots attched.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Gentlemen, thank you for your reply.

With GSX, I do not hear anything, no sound of boarding passengers, no engineer's instructions., etc... I get pushed back and everything, but don't hear anything. GSX works with other addons, and the GSX settings look right.

Just to clarify, you don't control GSX with the 3rd MCDU, do you? You control GSX independently, right?

With the aircraft sounds, there is that constant background noise. As I said, the 3rd MCDU sound options do not seem to have any effects. In the volume options, it gives you the option to lower the percentage of various elements (Cooling, Air Cond, etc... if I remember well, but as I already said, even setting everything down to 10% does not seem to have any effects overall. It does not make any differences. I would like to be able to lower that constant noise because it is a lot of white noise and after a while, it is tiring and annoying.

Thanks for your help.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Captain Nav said:

With the aircraft sounds, there is that constant background noise. As I said, the 3rd MCDU sound options do not seem to have any effects. In the volume options, it gives you the option to lower the percentage of various elements (Cooling, Air Cond, etc... if I remember well, but as I already said, even setting everything down to 10% does not seem to have any effects overall. It does not make any differences. I would like to be able to lower that constant noise because it is a lot of white noise and after a while, it is tiring and annoying.

Have you checked what I had written before.

Thank you for the reply.... Yes, I have checked with the Ground Power Unit, then started the APU, disconnected the GPU.... Same noise. As soon as the aircraft is powered up, there is a lot of that background noise.

I actually worked it out just now.... In volume control, the percentage does not lower the volume of the avionics and the cooling. If I set them at 1% or 95%, I get the same exact level of noise. Unless you set both avionics and cooling at 0, then you get the same level of noise.

Is this the way the simulation is supposed to work, or am I missing something? I don't see the point in having a "sound percentage" if it has no influence whatsoever on the sound levels....

Got it all sorted out, the sound in the sim was muted, so this is why I could not hear GSX and use the AS sound "mixer" . Just weird that the A319 sounds were still coming through "raw", I guess that it is what misled me.

Anyway, all sorted out now.

Archived