Bad route lines on map

Why am I getting the odd route lines on the route map.
This seems to happen when I add waypoints between the SID transition and the STAR transition.

This example is flying the Clipper2 STAR to RNAV RW19 at KDCA

Please login to display this image.

I have experienced similar lines on several occasions after making modifications to my flight plan but don't have specific steps to reproduce and am not sure exactly what the correct behavior is. I do believe there is likely a bug with the way this is handled though.

On 6/27/2021 at 9:44 AM, N38TM said:

Why am I getting the odd route lines on the route map.
This seems to happen when I add waypoints between the SID transition and the STAR transition.

This example is flying the Clipper2 STAR to RNAV RW19 at KDCA

Please login to display this image.

This is an RNP/AR RNAV approach, which the real CRJ is technically incapable of flying. The KDCA RNAV 19 approach does not even appear in the FMS of the real aircraft as a selectable approach option.

The FMS in the sim version cannot correctly decode the multiple RF leg segments that appear in the lateral path of the approach definition in the nav database, which is why all the strange line segments appear.

At this time, there is no reliable way to filter out RNP/AR approach procedures from the sim CRJ nav database as is done in the real aircraft.

Archived