How to configure the TCA Flaps & Spoiler addons with Aerosoft Aibusses Professional (P3D)

SimWare

• Aerosoft

How to configure the TCA Flaps & Spoiler addons
with Aerosoft Aibusses Professional (P3D)

In addition to the TCA throttle quadrant, you can now fully use the Flaps and Spoiler extensions modules.
Please note this requires the latest Aerosoft Airbus Update to be installed in order to have the signals coming from the hardware correctly processed.

STEP 1 :
Start the Airbus Configurator
1 – Click Windows Start button
2 – Open the Aerosoft – Airbus menu
3 – Click A3xx Configurator

Please login to display this image.

STEP 2 :
Click “TCA quadrant” and “TCA quadrant add-on” in the configurator
Close the configurator

STEP 3 :
- Start P3D
- Goto “Options – Axis Assignments”

à Make sure the controller is set to TCA Q-Eng x&x (x&x for 1&2 or 3&4)
- Assign the flaps lever to the Flaps Axis

- CHECK REVERSE

STEP 4 :
Repeat the steps in STEP 3 with the Spoiler Axis

STEP 5 :
Goto “Options – Calibration”
Make sure the SENSITIVITY is set to maximum and NULL ZONE to minimum.

You are all set !

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
vor 28 Minuten, Helmut Brandt sagte:

In dem Video ist wohl etwas vertauscht !!

Gruß Helmut

Is now corrected.
Thanks for noticing, Helmut ! ☺☺

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/19/2021 at 1:35 PM, masterhawk said:

For the other buttons of the TCA Quadrant addon please use this:
TCA Quadrant Addon Button assignment.pdf

Hi Bob,

Following this, 2 HOTAS keys, B8 and B9 are assigned twice. I don't think that's possible in P3d. If I am wrong, please can you advise?

Thanks

Neil

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 hours ago, neilh1983 said:

Hi Bob,

Following this, 2 HOTAS keys, B8 and B9 are assigned twice. I don't think that's possible in P3d. If I am wrong, please can you advise?

Thanks

Neil

It’s documented in vol1 of our documentation: configuring the TCA Throttle. Same procedure.

7 hours ago, masterhawk said:

It’s documented in vol1 of our documentation: configuring the TCA Throttle. Same procedure.

Thanks. So the Hotas Button used doesn't matter so long as the button config is correct?

• Deputy Sheriffs

The Hotas button is important. In the documentation you will find a description how to assign a button twice.

I’m in vacation and don’t have the manual, so you have to check the procedure to double assignment in the manual.

2 hours ago, masterhawk said:

The Hotas button is important. In the documentation you will find a description how to assign a button twice.

I’m in vacation and don’t have the manual, so you have to check the procedure to double assignment in the manual.

I'm sorry but I can see no instruction on assigning 2 buttons to the same Hotas Button. I have v1.4.3.2 installed, the last revision of Vol 1 was 15th Oct 2020 (the last 0 is missing in the table of contents). I also read the separate TCA PDF in the Documentation folder but it was just a repeat of the information in Vol 1.

40 minutes ago, neilh1983 said:

I'm sorry but I can see no instruction on assigning 2 buttons to the same Hotas Button. I have v1.4.3.2 installed, the last revision of Vol 1 was 15th Oct 2020 (the last 0 is missing in the table of contents). I also read the separate TCA PDF in the Documentation folder but it was just a repeat of the information in Vol 1.

I have fudged it by closing P3D and manually editing the standard.xml file. Definitely not covered in the manual.

Furthermore, my autobrake has disarm, btv, lo, 2, 3, hi - disarm and 3 are not covered and P3D things that button 25 is hi - button 26 does not exist.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread. Great instructions. However my A319/A320 configurator does not have the throttle quadrant addon. A330 configurator does but the A319/A320 configurator does not. I am on 1.4.3.2 for A319/A320. 

So I am on the current Airbus A320 version. The flaps on the TCA quadrant jump around. Not sure why? Version I am running is 1.4.3.2. It works fine on the A330. Any ideas? Speed break and all works as well. Throttle is a bit sensitive for reverse since updating. :(

I had similar issues.  My Aerosoft Configurator did not display the boxes for the Thrustmaster Airbus quadrant and the addons.  Even as my “Aerosoft Updater” showed that “no updates were available” for both my A320/A321 AND my A330 aircrafts!   As you need to check those boxes, I deleted the Aerosoft aircrafts and reinstalled them.   Then, the boxes finally showed up in the configurator!

This allowed me to set my throttle quadrant and addons.   

Everything was working perfectly till a few days ago, when my flap lever on the addon started jumping around, while skipping some of the flap detents.  Turns out my control sensitivity setting had slipped out of the recommended setting for the flaps.    Remember, under “control calibration” for the TCA:  sensitivity: all the way high; null zone: all the way low.    Now, I double check this periodically.   No more flap lever jumping around!

If your flap and spoiler axis’s are set and the 7, or so, Hotas buttons are set properly, you should be in good shape.  I’m using this with P3d v5.1. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

• Aerosoft

Thanks SimFix,

Indeed, as a general rule, don't keep for granted that calibration will last forever.
Analog devices tend to drift with time and computers tend to loose their settings from time to time.

Checking on assignments and sensitivity curves on a regular basis is always good policy.

• 10 months later...

Happy Holidays ... !

Reviving an old thread cause i can't seem to find an answer anywhere else. I am also desperately trying to find any documentation as to how to assign a HOTAS button twice and it si nowhere to be found. Might someone be able to point me in the right direction? It's driving me nuts!

Thanks!