CRJ Black Monitors , Engines running not flyable

Berni374

I have the same issues as posted in this thread before: After Performance Update 1.14.6.0 CRJ Not Working 

Cockpit looks like this: Switches are clickable, but nothing happens. one Enigine is running, rudders and ailerons far to one side.

Please login to display this image.

I tried all these things +mint install of MSFS and nothing helps. I tried all these  things below (copied resolution from thread above)+mint install of MSFS and nothing helps. 

I just read through this thread myself, I am going to throw a few things at you to try. Please attempt them in this order, as this will essentially reset FS2020 back to a default state, and completely reset the CRJ. 

1) Move the entire contents of your community folder to somewhere else (I always do this before any MSFS update)

2) This is a question and answer sort of deal, did you buy this through the FS Marketplace or through Aerosoft? If you bought it through FS Marketplace, load up the sim and delete the CRJ through the content manager under Menu->Profile->Content Manager, if through Aerosoft follow their instructions to remove it. Also make sure that you delete the Aerosoft CRJ from the community folder in general do not retain it.

3) Load up in a different airplane, does not matter which airplane, but make sure you load up into the simulator fully

4) Close the Simulator

5) Reset the CRJ, but this time delete the entire folder, I had some issues after the last CRJ Update, this resolved my problems, but we are not done yet. 

6) Reset MSFS 2020 to a default state

image.png.d912dfacb8aaec2ebc47e1641195ca38.png

7) Now run FS2020 in Administrator Mode

😎 Reinstall the CRJ, and let me know if it is now working

I have had the same issue as well and needed to reload/restart the flight twice to get the airplane to a normal state. 

Just bought this great plane last week but have only been able to make a few good flights.

Same problem with black monitors need to reload many times before they work, some times even quit the sim. Throttle is setup according to manual but also only works some times.

If I delete the files it works next time after long upstart, next time same issues again......very annoying !!

Regards

Claus

Intel 11900K 5Ghz, 3080 10GB

I don't think we can get official reply for this topic anymore.

This problem has been already reported with no useful official answers since March and another topic since May.

What we can do is just reload flights. 

On 6/25/2021 at 8:54 AM, CRJay said:

I have had the same issue as well and needed to reload/restart the flight twice to get the airplane to a normal state. 

I have also had this happen a number of times and the above seems to the the workaround to fix things, sometimes a relaunch of the sim is required. Thankfully it is evident what is happening immediately so no progress is lost. I personally usually notice this when I have reloaded the aircraft multiple times within a short period, for example I change my mind on a gate, forget to change livery or click the wrong airport(!).

34 minutes ago, Henrietta said:

I don't think we can get any official reply for this topic anymore.

I don't blame the dev team for struggling to respond to this however due to the fact it is seemingly random and very difficult to reproduce.

Perhaps if users could provide some extra context when this does occur this might be easier to reproduce. 

I'm no expert but what seems to be happening is the aircraft is loading in to some preset state rather than loading the custom panel state as defined in the EFB(?).

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Henrietta said:

I don't think we can get official reply for this topic anymore.

This problem has been already reported with no useful official answers since March and another topic since May.

What we can do is just reload flights. 

The simple issue is that we know  this happens on a few systems but simply has never happened on any of our systems (nor of any of our testers). Two users who had this issue re-installed the sim and did not see it again.  As it also only happens to a few people (I have 19 on my list), it is sure to be something on the users system that clashes with the CRJ. But simply put, we have no idea what causes this and no suggestion (other than to re-install the sim) on how to fix it.

To put it bluntly, if something happens on a few systems and not on tens of thousands of others, we are pretty sure the issue can't be in the code. 

Thank you for reply and clarify the dev team policy that if something happens to a few people, than it is not our business, fix it yourself.  

Clear enough, thank you so much.

1 hour ago, Henrietta said:

Thank you for reply and clarify the dev team policy that if something happens to a few people, than it is not our business, fix it yourself.  

Holy Crap.  I hope that this was a language problem and not a reading comprehension issue.  Let me help.  What MK said was, paraphrased, "We cannot replicate the issue.  Until we can replicate the issue we cannot identify the cause.  Until we can identify the cause we can't attempt a fix.  Until we can attempt a fix we can't test it.  Until we can test it we can't release it".  At no time did he say fix it yourself nor did he quote policy or specify a policy.  However, I am sure that once he reads you post he will call a meeting of AS worldwide and tell them "Oh crap Henrietta is bent out of shape.  Someone please go to his/her house and fix his CRJ install and take him/her a muffin"

10 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As it also only happens to a few people (I have 19 on my list), it is sure to be something on the users system that clashes with the CRJ.

For reference, it happened to me on a fresh Windows 10 install, with a fresh MSFS install and a fresh CRJ install, zero other addons installed. Assuming it is user 'error' or 'something on your system clashes' is an easy way out of providing any useful support. 

One could also take the number of reports, see it is more than one isolated case and maybe think, hey, there might be something to this, let's go have a look at the aircraft state loading system to see if there is something we missed. Then you can at least come back to the paying customer having taken some action instead of waiting until the number of complaints go over some arbitrary threshold that measures up to the 'tens of thousands' sold and you can't blame it on the user anymore. Unless you have some live telemetry of those tens of thousands of systems you have no clue how many are seeing this issue but are not in touch with support or registered on this forum etc. 

55 minutes ago, CRJay said:

For reference, it happened to me on a fresh Windows 10 install, with a fresh MSFS install and a fresh CRJ install, zero other addons installed. Assuming it is user 'error' or 'something on your system clashes' is an easy way out of providing any useful support. 

One could also take the number of reports, see it is more than one isolated case and maybe think, hey, there might be something to this, let's go have a look at the aircraft state loading system to see if there is something we missed. Then you can at least come back to the paying customer having taken some action instead of waiting until the number of complaints go over some arbitrary threshold that measures up to the 'tens of thousands' sold and you can't blame it on the user anymore. Unless you have some live telemetry of those tens of thousands of systems you have no clue how many are seeing this issue but are not in touch with support or registered on this forum etc. 

Exactly!

I cannot believe that waiting for 2~3 months and got official reply To put it bluntly, if something happens on a few systems and not on tens of thousands of others, we are pretty sure the issue can't be in the code. 

4 hours ago, CRJay said:

Since the developers have said they cannot replicate the problem, what makes you think they did not do the things you mention.  Also, I have never known AS to have some arbitrary number set before they look at a problem.  I have seen them get fixes out for small issues that are frankly minor gripes.  Why would a person be sitting at home with this "issue" and not seek assistance?  How in this world does that even make sense.  I get it, you want to be part of a larger group, but you can't just "arbitrarily" say that the group is larger because the others are deciding not to contact support because that would mean that the number of people without the problem would increase at a larger rate since they have no reason to contact support about it.  

Reading comprehension seems hard for you as well Crabby. I am not claiming any numbers, nor do I clamor to be part of some larger group. I am just highlighting the other side of the coin. Mr. Kok assumes everyone who encounters this issue will run to the forum or contact support. On the opposite side of that assumption, there are large numbers of casual simmers who might encounter this issue, reload the flight and think not much more of it. Or just fly another plane. Who knows? No one, because there is no live telemetry, so issues should be taken seriously instead of dismissed with 'tens of thousands don't report it'.

Meanwhile, Mr. Kok has a running tally of people with this issue, but does not warrant the number high enough to really dig in to the issue proactively, saying they've never seen it and then implying it can not be a problem in their code and it is purely user error. And this attitude is not applied only to this issue, but comes up over and over again in this supposed support forum. 

• Aerosoft
17 hours ago, Henrietta said:

Henrietta, exactly what do you expect us to do if we see an issue that only happens on a few systems and can't be replicated in any way on any of our systems? Run to your house and re-install Windows and the sim? Because that will fix the problem for sure.  And yes, we assume that people who have an issue contact us. But lets assume that only a quarter of people reported the issue, that still leaves tens of thousands who do not have the issue. So basically, indeed we say that we are unable to assist, if we had any idea what to do we would do it. 

We are convinced this is NOT an bug in the code. If it was every user would have exactly the same issue. 

56 minutes ago, CRJay said:

Reading comprehension seems hard for you as well Crabby. I am not claiming any numbers, nor do I clamor to be part of some larger group. I am just highlighting the other side of the coin. Mr. Kok assumes everyone who encounters this issue will run to the forum or contact support. On the opposite side of that assumption, there are large numbers of casual simmers who might encounter this issue, reload the flight and think not much more of it. Or just fly another plane. Who knows? No one, because there is no live telemetry, so issues should be taken seriously instead of dismissed with 'tens of thousands don't report it'.

Meanwhile, Mr. Kok has a running tally of people with this issue, but does not warrant the number high enough to really dig in to the issue proactively, saying they've never seen it and then implying it can not be a problem in their code and it is purely user error. And this attitude is not applied only to this issue, but comes up over and over again in this supposed support forum. 

Totally agree!

How wonderful Aerosoft customer services is.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, CRJay said:

True. But as I keep asking what do you actually expect us to do? Randomly start rewriting code in the hope it fixes the issue while not messing it up for everybody else? 

• We are unable to replicate this. 
  • This affects a very very small group of people (current count is 22)
  • Two of those have re-installed the sim and that solved the issue.
  • The issue is not seen on tens of thousands of systems.

11 hours ago, CRJay said:

Because that will fix the problem for sure??

have a look, take your time sir.

Calm down people! ;)

I have experienced this issue on several different aircraft in MSFS - though so far not in the CRJ.
Forgive me if I’m teaching Grandma to suck eggs, but I assume that people with the problem have updated all their drivers etc etc? That seemed to stop the incidents happening for me. 

I know it gets frustrating as heck when things don’t work the way we hope, but I think it’s wrong to assume that Aerosoft don’t care - nothing I have read in this thread suggests to me that they don’t. If they are unable to replicate an issue, how are they supposed to fix it?

Users aren’t being identified as the problem, user’s systems are being identified as the problem - there’s a big difference between those two!

14 minutes ago, Henrietta said:

Because that will fix the problem for sure??

have a look, take your time sir.

Have you actually tried what has been suggested Henrietta?
Surely that would be a logical first step? If you haven’t, I hope that works for you 😊

Archived