CRJ 700 doing absolutely crazy things... please help

tribejagd

Hi,

please have a look at the attached pictures... CRJ Electronic bag calculates crazy trim.

Can not achieve 35000 ft.

On ground i was in the need of round about 40% N1 until starting rolling. And yes, brake was released an no wheel chocks.

There was at the beginning this red T.O. trim with a totally normal payload.. Whats wrong? Green marker at the payload page totally out of position...

Its like I have loaded 10000000 Tons

Regards

Markus

Please login to display this image.

The first and last picture can be explained by the fact that with decreasing speed and no increase in thrust, the AP tries to maintain the FL by increasing the trim.

You know you are too slow for that altitude?

Did you change anything in MSFS Aircraft/Weight & Balance?
Your CG value is very high and the CRJ is designed for an Empty CG Position%MAC of 35.00.
You should not change this value or make any other weight changes there.
All weight entries only via the EFB of the CRJ.

In addition, I would not start the flight if I had such anomalies in the EFB. 

vor 22 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

I very much suggest you run the tutorial to understand how the systems work.

I did the tutorial several times Mathijs. Sorry that I say that now, but I am reading alot in this forum and sometimes I have the feeling that you didn't want to understand peoples problem seriously. 

Do you want that we help and report problems to Aerosoft?

And by the way... the tutorial didn't show that the green slider at performance page is running out of view and loading and fuel is within limits. So there is something wrong!

If you dont like to support members like me, than this is the wrong job for you.

Regards

On 25.6.2021 at 12:28, Hoffie3000 sagte:

The first and last picture can be explained by the fact that with decreasing speed and no increase in thrust, the AP tries to maintain the FL by increasing the trim.

You know you are too slow for that altitude?

Did you change anything in MSFS Aircraft/Weight & Balance?
Your CG value is very high and the CRJ is designed for an Empty CG Position%MAC of 35.00.
You should not change this value or make any other weight changes there.
All weight entries only via the EFB of the CRJ.

In addition, I would not start the flight if I had such anomalies in the EFB. 

Thank you Hoffie, next time I will reload the simulator again when CRJs green slider is out of view.

Have a good day.

Regards

Was the taxiway surface wet when you tried to break off? If yes, I think that's an FS thing. If no, is it related to a particular airport?

And I agree on the CG diagram and loadsheet in general, it does certainly not behave the way I'd expect it to. Starting with having to click the set data in Sim button twice.

I don't know about the trim in the CRJ in particular. But for takeoff 10deg isn't particularly unusual in many planes

• Aerosoft
On 6/26/2021 at 1:12 PM, tribejagd said:

If you dont like to support members like me, than this is the wrong job for you.

But I do. But the simple fact is that your images show a misconfiguration of the systems, not a bug in the system. And the best way to learn about the systems is to read the manuals and to see the videos. That is why I suggested that.

The fact there are some sim limitations with the EFB and that is does not always connect to the aircraft have been discussed many times.  There is nothing we can do about it right now.

vor 37 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

But I do. But the simple fact is that your images show a misconfiguration of the systems, not a bug in the system. And the best way to learn about the systems is to read the manuals and to see the videos. That is why I suggested that.

The fact there are some sim limitations with the EFB and that is does not always connect to the aircraft have been discussed many times.  There is nothing we can do about it right now.

ok...

Than another issue...

What about the fact, that the ETA time is not calculated right? Is this another issue which is caused cause I am not able to read manuals?
Started the flight at 08:15 in the morning (UTC)... flight time round about 2:15 hours and I will arrive at 17:52? Flight was from Denmark to England....

Regards

Markus

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Markus,

Please in the future open just one topic per issue. However I have noted the PERF INIT 3/3 ETA issue on our issue tracker.

About the trim position. How exactly do you load the aircraft before the flight? Could you perhaps take a screenshot of the EFB performance tab after preflight before the engine start and post it here. Thanks.

vor 6 Stunden , Secondator sagte:

Hello Markus,

Please in the future open just one topic per issue. However I have noted the PERF INIT 3/3 ETA issue on our issue tracker.

About the trim position. How exactly do you load the aircraft before the flight? Could you perhaps take a screenshot of the EFB performance tab after preflight before the engine start and post it here. Thanks.

Hi Secondator,

yes sure... I will keep that in mind.

Thank you for taking the ETA issue to your focus and that you will keep an eye on that.

Regarding the green marker in performance tab...  it could be, that I have pushed the button to load simulator with data, after the engine was started. Sometimes this problem appears. I take care of your sugestion and perhaps it appears when the engine is already started... I will test that and create a screenshot.. 

Next flights I will only activate that button before engine starts and focus, if that happens again.

Thank you so far!

Regards

Markus 

vor 19 Stunden , Secondator sagte:

Hello Markus,

Good morning Secondator,

good morning Mathijs,

cause I am using the "On Air Company" game, I needed this morning to fly the CRJ700 empty to another airport. When I do only those ugly jobs like transfering an aircraft, I start a game directly "ready for take off" at the runway.

What I noticed this morning was the following:

After I made my configuration at the performance tab and set payload to simulator (pic 1) the green marker was in the upper left corner. When I push the button again, the marker is in the bottom right corner. If I push the button a third or fourth time, marker keeps staying at the same position as in pic. 2. (bottom right)

I started the game several times and it was always the same result. 

When I set the weight in the performance tab and use the fuel display behind Copilot after that "get init fuel from aircraft" and "set payload to simulator",  it's the same result as I discribed before (pic1) and when pressing  set payload to simulator a second time --> pic. 2.

Hope I can help with that and you can explain what happens there and if it is a failure or not.

Thank you so far!

Regards

Markus 

@tribejagd Pressing the ‘set payload in simulator’ button twice is the proper technique. As you can see the CG and trim are in the green as is also depicted on the graph so you should be good to go. 

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm all of the mentioned behaviors and I also have the feeling that any kind of these reports seem to be rejected. I particularly notice the taxi drag with the CRJ and specially the CG / performance issue is unique to this plane.

You can set all weights, fuels and performance values perfectly - everything is "green". I even reset the MSFS weight/fuel settings and disabled ice-effect etc. The plane climbs and cruises flawlessly for quite some time. But particularly at higher flight levels the entire performance goes crazy out of nothing. The CG immediatly is out of line, the drag is at maxmimum, so after a few minutes the airplane can't even hold 140 knots and it seems that there are 100 t of weight in the aft section (nose goes up like nothing). I am not saying that this behavior is not related to any settings but it seems not to be a simple user error. There are too many people who report things like that in chats and so. Like the error with the atc sound after the last update - so many people report it but it is not taken seriously.

On 17.7.2021 at 23:00, JonasN1985 sagte:

I can confirm all of the mentioned behaviors and I also have the feeling that any kind of these reports seem to be rejected.

Hello @JonasN1985, I'm sorry that you get the feeling that such reports get ignored or rejected. Some Q for you:

1. Have you searched the forums for reports regarding WandB of the CRJ and the propper way to set up the ACFT? If not....I assure you there will be a 3 digit user list, all of them answered and wast majority of them were based on user error.

2. How can you expect us to work with informations like:

On 17.7.2021 at 23:00, JonasN1985 sagte:

But particularly at higher flight levels the entire performance goes crazy out of nothing.

In order to track something down we need complete informations about your flight: FPLN, ACFT, ACFT setup (W&B), how did you set up the ACFT, when in the flight did it happen to "go crazy", etc. So please be so kind and provide us these informations and let's talk about it. Thank you.

3. Did you try the tutorial flight by the book? Have you had any issues with it? If the answers are "YES" and "NO", I do suspect some sort of ACFT setup error. Let's find it what it was by looking at point 2 from above.

If the answers on Q3 are YES and YES, then please provide us a "time stamp" of when it got "crazy" and please be so kind to show us relevant screenshots showing current ACFT setup.

@GEK_the_Reaper thanks for your reply. I already plan to do some flights with logged settings and precise error description as soon as possible to make it reproducible.

I've completed the tutorials (that time it was version 1.0).  Regarding the tutorial the problems already begin with the documentation: as for site 1-1-11 of the operating manual the CG settings don't fit with the current MSFS settings. Therefore I have to suggest the correct values. The EFB is also quite a mystery. There are different recommendations to set the settings with a single or double click. And why do the payload results change after confirm (enter) certain payload values again?

example for tutorial:

- MSFS setting: empty cg: 35 % / center of gravity: 17.81 % / weight settings reset

- input passengers, cargo, fuel with individual confirmations with the virtual enter key

- set payload with single click

--> CFG CG: 18.4 % / TOW: 28.631 kg / CG: 19.1 % / TO Trim 7.3   (nothing fits)

- set payload again

--> everything seems fine

- click in forward cargo and enter again : payload results change again

Nevertheless I am going to work through the documentations once again.

Hi @JonasN1985,

page 1-1-11 is from Vol 1 and shows only that you have to check if the Empty Weight CG is 35%. This value should never be changed!

The tutorial flight is in Volume 3 (if I remember correct) and I think you are right when you say that it's not specified to click twiche on SET PAYLOAD TO SIM -but you have to do it-.

I'll try to be brief on this:

1. You should never load the CRJ from MSFS Weight and Balance window. The only check you have to do is if the empty weight cg slider is on 35% (If it is, you will never have to check this again).

2. All the payload for the CRJ HAS to be made through the EFB and sent to the SIM by pressing more then 1 time on that button.

- pressing only once you will see some odd values for the trim

- pressing twice (or more then twice) the trim setting will show normal

3. You don't have to check anything on MSFS Weight and Balance window after sending the data to the sim (just ignore the fact that you can set anything regarding to payload and fuel from MSFS Weight and Balance window)

Short conclusion:

1. never ever use Weight and balance in MSFS

2. Load the CRJ through the EFB and sent data to sim pressing twice

Archived