Why is EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt airport a 13gb file?

Seth2413

Ive had to keep re-installing this file because it drops off the content manager for whatever reason though it seems to get bigger with every world update.  Is now a 13gb download on content manager  Is there something we should know about this 'free' airport because i don't want it if i don't need to load it anymore.  Rather delete it altogether for a file of that size, it is just an airport isnt it???

• Deputy Sheriffs

The content manager showed a lot of strange/wrong things in the past and this is just another strange/wrong thing. The airport is most definitely not of that size:

Please login to display this image.

Yeah must admit cant recall where downloaded it from.  must have been from MSFS directly in the marketplace as a free file but guess it is listed as an aerosoft addon so thought in here would knopw answer as to why.  Pretty sure others have this issue as well.  Just seems to be taking up a lot of space just for an airport???   Something fishy with this file.  

• Deputy Sheriffs

I don't believe that the Marketplace/Content manager will give you a 13 GB file. This looks more like a simple display bug, like the one lately where all add-ons in the Community folder have been displayed as "not installed".

So just ignore the 13 GB, download it and check the folder size afterwards manually.

Or get it from here: https://cdn1.aerosoft.com/paderborn-msfs.php and forget about the Marketplace version.

Archived