TOGA Button does not always initiate FD correctly

Pressing the TOGA button on the thrust lever does not always activate the FD correcty. Instead, a warning symbol appears on the PFD and the magenta lines don’t move into position.

Pressing the FD button (on the AP panel), followed by another press of the TOGA button takes care of the problem.

Does anyone know why this happens in the first place?

Thanks in advance!

On 6/22/2021 at 7:57 AM, StanTGM said:

Pressing the TOGA button on the thrust lever does not always activate the FD correcty. Instead, a warning symbol appears on the PFD and the magenta lines don’t move into position.

Pressing the FD button (on the AP panel), followed by another press of the TOGA button takes care of the problem.

Does anyone know why this happens in the first place?

Thanks in advance!

The flaps must be set to either 8 or 20 degrees or TOGA will not activate when pressing the button. This is also the case in the real aircraft.

All right, thanks for that info!

I usually take of with 8 deg. flaps. A button on my throttle is programed for flaps up/down and I usually give it two clicks down and check visually, if the lever is in the right position. Maybe I overlooked something this time….

Archived