Purchase Q. A320 v A330

John1088

Hopefully a quick question someone can answer. 

I'm thinking of purchasing the Aerosoft A330-300 which seems to be on sale at the moment.

I do have the A318/319 & A320/321 installed and which runs perfectly OK on my system (P3dv4) and I am very happy with it, so my question is. If I can run the AS A320 family on my system, will the A330 run just as well or does this require more computing power?

Many thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have no problems running the A330 on my machine under P3Dv4.5.

Maybe you tell us a bit more about your environment.

Hey,

i dont know your specs so I can just explain how it runs on my system.

The FPS and smoothness of the A32x and the A33x are pretty the same. The A330 takes a bit more FPS cause of the full PBR aicraft i guess but I am talking about 2-6fps not really worth talking about.

In LatinsVFR KMIA with the A330 I still got 43-45fps in P3D 4.5, and this Airport is a huge FPS killer :)

In v5/5.1 the FPS of the A32x and A33x are pretty the same on my system. I haven't regretted the purchase to this day and I really love to fly the A330 (even in Shared Cockpit its fun.... if the copilot wouldn't engage the wipers the whole team... :P )

I do recommend you to think about a upgrade to the v5 version if you have enough VRAM to spare and the most of your addons are free for upgrade to v5. (I have 8GB VRAM and do not have 1 crash cause of VRAM) :)

BR

Bernd

Many thanks for your replies.

My system is a bit on the slow side and the processor and memory is at it's max speed for the motherboard I have, I have P3Dv4 installed on a separate SSD drive. 

I usually have P3dv4 locked at 25fps, but this can drop lower depending on airport and AI. 

I have Orbx Base pack and Vector installed, and most airports I fly into are either Orbx or other commercial add-on scenery.

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz   3.40 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB DDR3 1600MHz
Graphics Card:  NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB)

Thanks.

Archived