No deep winter at Svolvaer ENSH

PhilipBo

Hi everybody! I bought the Aerosoft ENSH Svolvaer airport recently. Everything is really beautifully designed. I love the Aurora Borealis at night. Just out of curiosity I wanted to try deep winter in my SAM Plug in. 

But somehow the area of the ENSH does not change to deep winter. Any idea what I could have done wrong? Thank you very much! 

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Most likely the scenery is not SAM Seasons ready so it does not respond to the plugin. Sadly I don't own the scenery so I can't tell you more but have a look into the manual, there should be some hints about the method used to change the seasons (the product page only says you need 'a seasons plugin' but not which one).

• Administrator

Hello,

I think that only exchange textures are meant. Svolvaer comes with summer and winter textures. You can exchange them with the tool JSGME for example.

But you can also do this manually.

In the folder Aerosoft - ENSH Svolvaer/Seasons there are more folders:

Summer and Winter.

These folders contain the exchange data:

E.g. folder ... Winter / Custom Scenery / Aerosoft - ENSH Svolvaer / Objects and orthos.

Simply copy the two folders Objects and orthos into the already installed ...<your X-Plane 11 folder>Custom Scenery / Aerosoft - ENSH Svolvaer folder. Overwrite the files.

Then Winter should appear.

Greets Heinz

Hello Heinz, thank you very much for your very helpful explanation. I will try your recommendations soon. Thank you for clarifying that SAM is not the right tool to change the season of ENSH but to change it directly within the file of Aerosoft ENSH. 

Archived