Yellow Warning in pilot’s FMS Scratchpad: „XSIDE MOD IN PROGRESS“

On my flights, I usually set the right side FMS to the DIR/INTC page for descent advisory that is always available at a glance. Yesterday, I pressed some of the line select keys on the left and right frame of the right FMS screen, just to see if that did something. It did not - at least, I did not notice any effect. But later, when I tried to make changes to the approach in the pilot‘s side FMS, I got the yellow warning: „XSIDE Mod in Progress“ (or something similar), and I could not make changes anymore to my flight plan and approach setup.

That resulted in a forced, visual straight in landing (luckily, weather was ok), but it kept me wondering what exactly had happened. And more important:  how do I get rid of that yellow warning  and how do I get the FMS ready for input again (in case that warning appears again some day)?

Thanks in advance for your comments! 

Only one FMS can change an active flight plan at any time. If one FMS already has a MOD FPLN in progress, any attempt to edit or change the active flight plan from the other FMS shows the "XSIDE EDIT IN PROGRESS" message on the CDU scratchpad line.

To get rid of this message you need to either EXECute your last input or CANCEL MODification (LSK 6L) on the associated CDU. If that does not work, you have found a bug ...

Thanks!

I did indeed press the Cancel Mod LSK on the right FMS, but that did not make the yellow message disappear.

I‘ll try again today - preferably on the ground, not like last time in the air and about to land…

Archived