DXGI-DEVICE HUNG ( A319 / A320 / A321 )

mgrimm

I have tried everything I can possibly think of and it all ends the same, Device Hung. I'm on P3D V5.2 and I have removed, real light & true Glass in the Airbus and still get the error. I do have a Brand New AMD 6800XT video card so I know I have enough VRAM to run it. I also can run other models without any issues at all. Is anyone in Aerosoft working on fixing the issue or is their a different fix that I may not be aware of?

My brother went to FSLABS during 5.1 HF1 and he has not had any problems and we are pretty much running on the same system, with the same simulator settings and the exact same video card. I have attached a copy of the error.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I experiencing exact the same error. 
But it is a problem of the sim.

To my knowledge the GPU driver is reset under heavy load. And that’s a windows function. If you search in the internet you will find such error messages also for other top game titles and professional render software.

The error occurs also with FSLabs, if you check their forum. There are also plenty of topics in the P3D-Forum.

@masterhawk,

What GPU are you running?

I am running the 6800XT just like the OP and P3D 5.1HF1 and 5.2 is a no go. Device Hung 4 out of the 6 flights I tried. I went back to my Aerosoft Airbus because I heard it worked in 5.2 and my other Airbuses were not yet compatible with 5.2. It does work but still results in device hung every time. If it was my system or the simulator it would happen regardless of aircraft manufacturer.

I can fly without issues using my FSLABS Airbus.

I would be curious to know if anyone testing the equipment for Aerosoft is using a 6800XT? If they were, they would see it for themselves.

My specs: I7-9700K overclocked to 4.7 (on water), Z370 A-Pro, 64GB 3200 ram, 6800XT, 1TB SSD and multiple hard drives for storage.

Best Regards,

Ray

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have a nVidia 1080Ti combined with a 9900k.

The problem isn’t the VRAM.  The driver is reset by windows when the GPU is detected as not responding under heavy load.

That can happen when maybe a certain function is called, core 0 and/or GPU are running at 100%.

As different products use different code/functions the reaction of the GPU can not be compared. It’s so much more…

- windows version/built (some have influence to gaming performance)

- driver version

- number of monitors

- resolution

- what else might be rendered at the same time (some browser use also GPU)

- shader settings (default, tomato, reshade and EnvShade with their different possible settings)

- global addons and their settings

- mesh addons and resolution setting (calculation is done by GPU in P3D)

- P3D settings 

- weather conditions if you have cloud shadows

- density of vegetation buildings in region you fly if they also draw/receive shadows

- number of traffic (simobjects shadow)

- time of day

- your room temperature if maybe the CPU/GPU is throttled down to prevent overheating

- CPU/GPU temperature rising with time during usage

- voltage stability of the PSU under load

- maybe even just the specific CPU/GPU. None on the world is exact same. They all have small differences in production. Maybe just one component did a single wrong calculation. Running at the edge that would not surprise.

If you have different aircraft on 100% same platform running at the edge, be sure to have the 100% same condition if you want to compare.

Running a system at the edge, everything counts.

Some users try to change the TDR values of windows to get rid of the driver reset or disable TDR fully.

But if you decide to try something like that, NO support from our side!

Some other explanation:

https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/gpu-drivers-crash-with-long-computations-128745489.html

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/display/tdr-registry-keys

Most important recommendation:

Don’t run the system at the edge. I know, not easy with a core0 centric P3D.

I would sure like to see someone respond here that is running a 6800XT using Aerosoft Professional Airbus 64 bit.

I sure cannot do it and neither can the OP. 

I challenge Aerosoft to find a 6800XT and fly their product on P3D V5.1 HF1 or V5.2

I flew Aerosoft Airbus since it was released all day long using my GTX1080 8GB but guess what, VRAM issues. Bought the 6800XT, first flight device hung. Plain and simple.

Ray

• Deputy Sheriffs
47 minutes ago, sportpilot67 said:

I would sure like to see someone respond here that is running a 6800XT using Aerosoft Professional Airbus 64 bit.

I sure cannot do it and neither can the OP. 

I challenge Aerosoft to find a 6800XT and fly their product on P3D V5.1 HF1 or V5.2

I flew Aerosoft Airbus since it was released all day long using my GTX1080 8GB but guess what, VRAM issues. Bought the 6800XT, first flight device hung. Plain and simple.

Ray

And as said, device hung is not VRAM.

And you now have a different GPU with a different driver that just reacts different at the edge.

And just plugging in a 6800XT does not mean it will hung on another system.

@masterhawk

Aerosoft has issues with there airbus aircraft & I want to know when you they are planning on fixing the issue. I have went down to 1 monitor, I put my P3D setting at default and I still get DEVICE HUNG. I tired of people telling me that it's my system when it's not and it's not my sim.

vor 1 hour , sportpilot67 sagte:

Just a word because you generalize it, I am on a 1080 too, and had not 1 single VRAM Error or DXGI error with 5.1 and 5.2 :)and I am using not low settings at all.

I dont know how long you are in the "Simulator Business" but I also had to learn that its a lot of research and finding the right settings and drivers to get the sim running smoothly without any issues or crashes.

Saying in general that it is one specific software which crashed your Sim is not fair, probably it is really a problem with your Driver/Hardware and the Bus but tbh. you can not expect Aerosoft to test their software with every single graphic card or CPU which exists on the market.

If they do, than you must also expect a much more higher price for the Bus cause its much more time intensive to modify and test the software.

Please dont miss understand me, I really understand your frustration and anger (got that too in the past) but I find to manage my driver and settings to use my sim without issues and I really dont think there will be "the master solution" for the issue you have unfortunately :(

I hope you will find a final way to get your Sim running the bus without issues :)

PS: I am using the TDR modification too since years. Give it a try, probably it helps you.

Well I had VRAM issues on 5.0 and 5.1 going into Latin VFR KFLL. Very known issue on their forum and I have ORBX true earth Florida installed. I also had VRAM issue with FlyTampa KLAS and FSDT KLAX and I do have all of California ORBX including true earth. 

I never got a single Device Hung flying Aerosoft Airbus Professional when I had my GTX 1080. 

After I purchased 6800XT I got device hung instantly and finally got tired of wasting my time. 

I moved on to FSLABS. I can fly every time with success and no issues. It’s not luck. 

The OP is my brother. We have same system, same monitor, same GPU, his motherboard is better as he has Z390 vs my Z370 A Pro, his ram is faster than mine, his CPU is i5-9600K vs my I7-9700K. 

I am done posting About this issue since nobody wants to even look into anything regarding the newer 6800XT GPU. 

If your on anything else you wouldn’t know what we are trying to tell someone at Aerosoft.

Btw, my system on P3D 5.2 gets 45fps on the ground at KFLL and 40 at KLAS. I’m over 90 at cruise altitude so I don’t see where it has anything to do with my system especially when it happens with only one aircraft and in all three types. 

I am done. Thanks for the help. Lol

Ray

• Deputy Sheriffs

So to sum up, with an old 1080Ti no problem, but with an new AMD6800XT.

So it’s likely the AMD does handle some functions different than nVidia and results earlier to device hung.

Maybe AMD has to fix their drivers?

I don’t know any other person with an 6800XT to test.

AMD is not interested since it does not trigger their GPU crash detection software which is a built in feature. It automatically pops up if the GPU actually crashes. 

I worked with reporting to AMD in the beginning but they always wanted me to do the same thing. Rinse and repeat. DDU and reinstall latest driver. It gets to a point of why bother.

AMD doesn’t even recognize P3D in its list of games so I am sure it’s a low priority. 

Like I said earlier, the original OP is my brother. I offered to buy him the FSLABS A320 but he doesn’t want to do it. He’d rather wait for a fix from aerosoft. In the mean time he cannot fly unless it’s anything other than the Aerosoft Airbus Professional.

Ray

ps. I never mentioned it before but he flew his aerosoft airbus professional since release date without an issue on a GTX 1070 6GB card. Never a device hung or issue. He bought the new AMD 6800XT and can no longer fly that aircraft. 

When I bought the AMD Ryzen 9 CPU, I bought another RX 5700 with the hope of more FPS.

Unfortunately I had problems with DXGI-DEVICE HUNG right from the start. Almost always with the Aerosoft Airbus, often with the standard aircraft. I tried a lot and had patience for about 5 months. In the end, only changing to an NVIDIA graphics card fixed the error!

Although I am basically an AMD fan, I would no longer buy an AMD graphics card, I am of the opinion that it is not the hardware but the driver.

Greetings from switzerland

Stephan

(translate by google)

After switching to P3D v5, I always had the DXGI DEVICE HUNG error. An update from Lockheed and a driver update from AMD defused the problem at the time. But with the Aerosoft Airbus the problem was still there. I also think that the interaction between Windows, P3D v5, AMD and Aerosoft-Airbus creates this error because since the switch to NVIDIA the problem is history. The difficulty with such topics is always how does the problem arise and how do those involved want to find a solution. For me, switching to NVIDIA was the simpler (more expensive) solution than waiting

Stephan

Ich hatte nach dem Umstieg auf P3D v5 immer den DXGI-DEVICE HUNG-Fehler. Ein Update von Lockheed und ein Treiber-Update von AMD hat damals das Problem entschärft. 
Mit dem Aerosoft-Airbus war das Problem aber immer noch vorhanden. 
Ich denke auch, dass das Zusammenspiel von Windows, P3D v5, AMD und Aerosoft-Airbus diesen Fehler erzeugt, denn seit dem Umstieg auf NVIDIA ist das Problem Geschichte. 
Die Schwierigkeit bei solchen Themen ist immer, wie entsteht das Problem und wollen die Beteiligten eine Lösung finden als zuzuwarten. 
Für mich war der Umstieg auf NVIDIA die einfachere (halt auch teurere) Lösung.

Stephan

You can close out this thread if you like as I have solved my Device Hung Issue. I uninstalled Aerosoft Airbus and Download FSLABS into my computer, than I took a 4hr flight and landed without DXGI. You guys really should listen to your customers and fix the issue.

Thanks.

Mike

Archived