So has *anyone* gotten the Airbus pack to work with FSL?

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the Airbus pack working 100% with FSL like we could with the default Boeing-style throttles. I really don't understand why Honeycomb decided to program the Airbus pack differently so now we're stuck trying to write new profiles for it. Anyway, I cannot get reverse thrust working  correctly on ENG1. The reverse lever works fine to go into idle reverse, but then pulling throttle 1 into the detent also makes ENG2 go into full reverse thrust. I can't make heads or tails of it. I've attached the profile in question. It works fine if you just stick to idle reverse, but I'm hoping someone can help me figure out this last issue with max reverse on ENG1. 

Airbus pack test.json

• Aerosoft

Hi,

we are aware of the issue and will have a solution shortly...for the profiles as well as for the naming conventions in the HC Configurator software.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 7:00 AM, BenBaron said:

Hi Phil,

yes, there is indeed progress. It is just the altered profile is not officially fully ready for upload, yet. But if you want to give it a go preliminary...I am attaching it so you can try it out. Feedback is appreciated.

FSLABS_A320_Throttle_AirbusPack.json 63.06 kB · 4 downloads

Thanks. 

Reversers aren't working correctly when coming out of full reverse thrust. 

• Activate the thrust reversers
  • Pull the levers to the detent to get max rev
  • Push the levers back up to go idle
  • The engines come out of reverse, but moving putting the paddles back into the forward position causes the levers to go into the climb detent 

• Aerosoft

Hi,

what happens if you put the paddles into the forward position first, before bringing back the levers into idle? Does it work correctly like this?

• 1 month later...

As we have at least four different developers for Airbus add-ons it should be tried with all different aircraft:

I have:

Flightfactor: A350

Tollis A319/A321 (what about their special revers thrust on one axis solution)

JAR Design A320

iniBuilds A300-600 and Beluga

What about the A340's - don't they have 4 reversible engines? I know the A380 only has two inboard.

Additional things to consider, the different OS's and this is only X-Plane.

It would be great if all aircraft received some love.

• 5 weeks later...
On 19.7.2021 at 11:36, BenBaron sagte:

Hi,

what happens if you put the paddles into the forward position first, before bringing back the levers into idle? Does it work correctly like this?

The Airbus levers will not even move into reverse if the pedals (to open the reverser gates) aren't flipped back first.

• Aerosoft
vor 42 Minuten, Dornier728 sagte:

The Airbus levers will not even move into reverse if the pedals (to open the reverser gates) aren't flipped back first.

Yes..of course..as that is by Airbus design. But the question I was refering  to was asking about a problem moving out of reverse, not moving into it. And you can stow the paddles before bringing the levers back into idle.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, Dornier728 said:

As already mentioned, design by Airbus.

But if you have a problem with that. The TCA has a setting/screw, with that you can disable the block.

• Aerosoft

Masterhawk is right indeed.
Please note however that the reverser flaps on the TCA don't trigger any contact by themselves.
These are simply used a a mechanical lock to get into reverse.
You can indeed "bypass" this lock.

What controllers is this thread about? There seems to be a confusion or mixup. I was referring not to the TCA but rather to the Airbus levers set for the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle (HBT). So any comment above might be well meant, but does not help me with the HBT. I seem to remember from my simulator events that in order to engage the reverse thrust one must first flip up the petals attached in front of the levers in order to bring the levers into reverse. This is also how the HBT is designed. I don't now the TCA, and therefore cannot speak to it.

Suffice it to say, I still kind of expect Aerosoft to provide customers of the HBT with basic working profiles for the major manufacturers, that are supplied with the controller (Boeing style) or Airbus style, that can be obtained as a separate hardware add-on.

• Aerosoft
58 minutes ago, Dornier728 said:

Suffice it to say, I still kind of expect Aerosoft to provide customers of the HBT with basic working profiles for the major manufacturers, that are supplied with the controller (Boeing style) or Airbus style, that can be obtained as a separate hardware add-on.

And that will simply never happen. We will never be able to keep profiles up to date with every aircraft, every update of the aircraft, every update of the simulator, every update of the OS. We never promised that and apart from you no other customer has ever expected that from us. They realize it is impossible. That is why the sim and drivers have options to configure them, right? Currently we are running a 92% satisfaction rating on our support for these products so I dare to our people are doing a fine job. 

Again, as you seemed confused about how reverse thrust works, it could simply you lack some basic knowledge. We would be more than happy to point you to sources where you could learn about those. A lot of those on YouTube and some of them created by us. We fully know it is hard to understand these things.

vor 57 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

And that will simply never happen. We will never be able to keep profiles up to date with every aircraft, every update of the aircraft, every update of the simulator, every update of the OS. We never promised that and apart from you no other customer has ever expected that from us. They realize it is impossible. That is why the sim and drivers have options to configure them, right? Currently we are running a 92% satisfaction rating on our support for these products so I dare to our people are doing a fine job. 

Again, as you seemed confused about how reverse thrust works, it could simply you lack some basic knowledge. We would be more than happy to point you to sources where you could learn about those. A lot of those on YouTube and some of them created by us. We fully know it is hard to understand these things.

I suggest you tell customers beforehand, that the products will not work out of the box and that it requires considerable effort and time to get the profiles working. 

Regarding the 92 % satisfaction ratings, I seriously doubt that figure. You may want to perform a reality check on X-plane's honeycomb threads. As Aerosoft signed responsible for the software part of it, as Honeycomb chose to farm this out to you, the X-Plane forum page lists a number of users that are having the same problems as I do. By the way I am well aware how the thrust reversers of Boeing or Airbus aircraft work, so no need to pointing me to any YT channels.

I find your tone rather irritating and debasing ("....as you seemed confused about how reverse thrust works, it could simply you lack some basic knowledge"). ("I suggest complaining to Airbus about that"). These are  "no no's" in the way to communicate with customers.

You did not address the last post where I wondered if this thread was about the TCA Throttle or the HBT, as things got mixed up between two in this thread. 

The Honeycomb Controllers, unlike the Saitek one's. are way more complex. Having played with it for nearly half a year I find they are probably not good for beginners as they don't really work out of the box. This is why I still urge you to make the effort of providing basic profiles that will work with Boeing and Airbus. Please quality check that the third party profiles you have on your download page really work, because now they don't work reliably. It will only serve as further frustration to other users trusting these would work. When I say basic I mean the main axis and the thrust reverse portion.

As more people are getting the controllers, more people will be waking up to the fact I described above. Also, the fact that Honeycomb is soon offering their own powered USB-hub tells me that the problem with lost connections of controllers and the shuffling of settings has been realised. I also wrote about this issue before. 

I hope you don't take this personal but rather as a well meant suggestion from a customer.

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, Dornier728 said:

What controllers is this thread about? There seems to be a confusion or mixup. I was referring not to the TCA but rather to the Airbus levers set for the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle

I was referring to the previous message from Masterhawk.

Regarding the basic profiles you would like to see, this would not be a good idea to my opinion.
Not only are there a lot of different addons, each of them with their own interfacing specificities, but also,
the assignments also depend on other controls that may be connected. 

Having so called ready made profiles would certainly induce more confusion than it would solve problems.

Last point, a basic profile is indeed basic and should not be a big issue.

It is always best to build one's own profile from scratch. 

It takes a bit of time and research in the beginning, but afterwards it saves a lot of time understanding why something doesn't work as it should.

For info, here is a brief tutorial showing how to create new profiles in MSFS.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, Dornier728 said:

What controllers is this thread about? There seems to be a confusion or mixup. I was referring not to the TCA but rather to the Airbus levers set for the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle (HBT). So any comment above might be well meant, but does not help me with the HBT.

Hi, sorry. Didn’t recognize it.

• Aerosoft

Also, profiles for a specific control doesn't really mean a lot.

All the controllers (yokes, joysticks, throttles, rudders) are basically the same.

They all are a USB interface on wich potentiometers, Hall sensors and switches are connected.

The "skin" or shape of the physical actuators connected to those sensors and buttons may vary,
but in the end theses all end up as analog axes or ON OFF contacts in the simulators. 

So the Honeycomb are not more complex than the Saitek.

They simply have more buttons and axes.

What really matters is to know what sim functions are to be bound to a button or axis.

Once you know that, you can switch from one device to another without problem. 

Hope it helps.

Best regards.

vor 13 Stunden , SimWare sagte:

Also, profiles for a specific control doesn't really mean a lot.

All the controllers (yokes, joysticks, throttles, rudders) are basically the same.

They all are a USB interface on wich potentiometers, Hall sensors and switches are connected.

The "skin" or shape of the physical actuators connected to those sensors and buttons may vary,
but in the end theses all end up as analog axes or ON OFF contacts in the simulators. 

So the Honeycomb are not more complex than the Saitek.

They simply have more buttons and axes.

What really matters is to know what sim functions are to be bound to a button or axis.

Once you know that, you can switch from one device to another without problem. 

Hope it helps.

Best regards.

More buttons and axis is what I call complexity, especially when you need configuration tools outside X-Plane to get it working inside X-Plane. This is definitely above the head of many recreational users. So therefore it would still be great to supply basic Airbus and Boeing profiles, from which the various models could be fine-tuned. We are talking about four profiles altogether for X-Plane (MacOS and Windows). For Microsoft, PMDG and FSElite probably altogether six basic profiles. This should not be an insurmountable problem for Aerosoft. Don't you agree? Personally I don't care about the buttons and switches in the Bravo or Alpha, but the axis including reverse thrust as well as pitch trim and gear and the flap lever for the GA's. I think this expensive kind of hardware should work out of the box for these basic functionalities I described before. However the fact that the controls can also be tuned to suit more complex settings which would appeal to the deeper interested simmer is perfectly fine by me, but shouldn't be a prerequisite for the beginner or recreational simmer in order to make use of the basic functions of the controls. When this complexity is coupled with usb timeouts the regular user can quickly be frustrated, which is what I sensed partially in this forum as well to a larger degree in the X-Plane forum. I cannot speak for the other simulator makers, but would not be surprised if there is a similar frustration level..

• Aerosoft

As explained, just not going to happen because there are dozens of airbusses and even more Boeings and they all would need seperate profiles and all of those would need to be maintained. I am sorry you are unhappy. As you believe we are lying I am closing this discussion.

Archived