Hi all, i have installed all 10 discs onto a separate SSD and what is there is MSFS 2020\Official\OneStore\ Asobo_aircraft etc .I can't see any way to launch the sim and in the microsoft store it tells me to download and install the sim, but when i pick the drive it just goes back to the store install page.Help pleeeeeeeeeeeeease !!!!!!!!

Hi Mathijs,

The DVD content is installed and when i click on setup on disc 1 it takes me to the microsoft store where it tells me to install MSFS, when i try to install it after selecting my SSD it just goes back to the install instruction page. Nothing happens.

I'm just about ready to totally give up on this debacle now. First i bought the digital version and this refused to download staying on a loop getting to 120gb downloaded and then dropping back to 87gb so i had a refund. So i thought i'd go the other route with the disc version, it arrived 2 weeks ago but wouldn't install with a faulty disc 6 which couldn't be copied saying "cannot read disc", i contacted Aerosoft and they were brilliant and sent replacement discs which arrived and  installed fine today. Now when i go to the store nothing will download, i click install, pick my empty 2TB SSD click on install and it just goes back to the install screen i started on. I can't find a launch MSFS.exe anywhere on my pc and I've searched and tried most things here and elsewhere to no avail.

• Aerosoft

There is no MSFS.exe because it is a Microsoft store applications and they use a different system. The exe is 'created' when you launch it. 

However, if the download version AND the boxed version does not work where it does work for hundreds of thousands of others, you must assume there is something on your system that causes it. A refresh of Windows might not be a bad idea and most certainly will fix this issue.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Alan1963 said:

i click install, pick my empty 2TB SSD click on install and it just goes back to the install screen i started on. I can't find a launch MSFS.exe anywhere on my pc and I've searched and tried most things here and elsewhere to no avail.

In terms of this, it might be worth trying to reset the Microsoft store. Please give the steps here a try:https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015760660-Download-Installation-issues-Windows-Store-troubleshooting

Once done, please try and click "Install" on Microsoft Flight Simulator within your library in the Microsoft store.

Hi Tom thanks for the reply i will certainly try those steps tomorrow, but would anybody know why there are two MSFS entries in my library? One being MSFS and the other being MSFS standard preorder.

Mathijs, thanks also for the reply. There may well be hundreds of thousands of others that it works for but i can also point you to hundreds of people on sites having exactly the same problem as me( some still haven't got it working since last year) so are all our systems faulty? I think i have a fairly decent PC with DCS on one drive, P3D on another and X-Plane 11 on another and all work absolutely fine and more importantly installed fine with no install this bit here and this bit there while signing into microsoft store then microsoft account and x-box live and whatever other hoop it wants me to jump through. So i don't think the problem is with our systems but solely with microsoft. Sorry for the rant!

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Alan1963 said:

Hi Tom thanks for the reply i will certainly try those steps tomorrow, but would anybody know why there are two MSFS entries in my library? One being MSFS and the other being MSFS standard preorder.

This is normal and nothing to worry about. Essentially, the store sees the editions (Premium Deluxe, Deluxe, Standard) as DLCs, so you'll have an entry for the base game, Microsoft Flight Simulator, and then an entry for the version (DLC) you have. The DVD version has "Preorder" at the end of the DLC names.

So in your case, you should see "Microsoft Flight Simulator" (The game) and "Microsoft Flight Simulator: Standard - Preorder" (The DLC)

You'll just need to install "Microsoft Flight Simulator" in the store which will automatically sort everything out in terms of the game edition for you.

Hi Tom, thanks for that, i followed that comprehensive list but that didn't work so i was just trying different things and as i was scrolling through the apps list i noticed "gaming services" so i pressed the reset\repair button. Whether this was the fault or not i don't know but install went ok after that.

I must admit i'm impressed with the fast loading time and smoothness of frame rates, now iv'e just got to figure out how to get the controls to my liking. Thanks very much for all the help.

Mathijs, many apologies to you. You were right, it seems the problem was on my PC after all so i'm sorry about that. Thanks for your help.

• Administrator

Glad to hear the issue was resolved! If you ever run into troubles in the future, I'd definitely recommend updating all your Microsoft Store apps just in case, as other outdated apps can cause issues. While this guide isn't directly related, you can follow steps 1-4 to do this should you ever need to.

Let us know if you need anything else!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived