Problem/mistakes and misses with Bergen Airport (ENBR) Aerosoft scenery.

Hello folks! I recently bought the Bergen Airport Scenery for X-Plane 11. As a person who flies quiet a lot to the airport I was very disappointed to see that the T3 (New terminal) is not included in the scenery, but only as a construction site. After completion, the new T3 terminal serves the airport's domnetic routes, while the older T2 serves the international marked. The fact that i cannot use T3 makes flying domnesticlly out/in to the airport unrealitic as i am unable to use the proper terminal. I know this is not an issue to many people, but to me as a person who often is around and using the airport in RL, it would be very nice to be able to use the new T3 in the sim as well with the scenery. The scenery for xplane 11 was released a long time after T3 was completed and it would therefor have been more natural to include it.

Another smaller, yet important Issue that I found was on the south apron of the airport (Stand 1 - 11). It has very much lack of details in terms of ground markings, which i again find very disappointing. The Stands is also too short. When i spawn in on one of them with a 737-800, the tail crosses the parking edge line (Yellow) when in real world, a 737-800 fit perfectly inside the makrings (stand 6 - 11). There is also some lack of ground markins in the north area/de-ice platform.

Overall I find the Scenery, textures, buildings and mesh to be very good and I really enjoy the airport, It just misses some small, yet very important details and fixes.

I hope this could be fixed to the next update, if there is any work for it. This would change my mind about recommening this product to other X-Plane/sim users.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi guys! I'm also curious about the question asked above. I bought it early enough that I was super happy with the update that included the construction site :) But with all the amazing stuff coming to MSFS, I'm guessing all developers have their hands full i that regard? I love all the releases for MSFS, but it would be interesting to hear some thoughts on the XPL-platform in regards to future updates as well. There are many addons I heavily rely on that are XPL exclusive, and will be for the foreseeable future. We have some amazing airports from Aerosoft in Norway made for X-plane, and boy-oh-boy were we all happy that our niche-marked here up north got some fantastic attention from you guys!

So my question is: Is there anything planned in regards to updating them in the near future or what is Aerosofts thoughts on this subject. Please understand that any answer will be respected and understood, I'm just curious about what my expectations should be for the future. @Mathijs Kok: Care to weigh in on the subject? :) 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Hello,

Aerosoft don't drop the support for X-Plane 11 for sure. We will support it and also the next version X-Plane 12.

But for Bergen I will look and try to get more infos from the third party developers. As I know the new Terminal can be activated (Airport folder)...

Do you have the v 1.03 installed? This is the newest version at the time.

Also the SAM3 Plugin must be installed for Bergen.

Greets Heinz

23 minutes ago, Heinz Flichtbeil said:

Hello,

Aerosoft don't drop the support for X-Plane 11 for sure. We will support it and also the next version X-Plane 12.

But for Bergen I will look and try to get more infos from the third party developers. As I know the new Terminal can be activated (Airport folder)...

Greets Heinz

That's good to hear, but you can't blame us when replies to topics take weeks to come, or never come.  Things like the bugs in EHAM (see thread on main page), are never addressed properly.

Hopefully good things come with XP12!

Gruss

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I also do not think, that Aerosoft is dropping XPlane. I am certain their workload is high with XPlane 12 and the other projects they have running.
However, no one from Aerosoft has replied to my EDDF V2 questions .... given that EDDF is the major airport and HUB in Germany, I would have assumed that Aerosoft takes pride in ensuring that EDDF is updated regularly, or at least that input from the community is being reviewed and taken into consideration. Come on Gents! Please review the issues in EDDF for Taxiway and stands as this is actually "mission critical" .... imagine taxxing at EDDF and your taxiways and stands do not align with what controllers tell you.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/28/2022 at 10:55 AM, Heinz Flichtbeil said:

Hello,

Greets Heinz

Yes, I have V 1.03, but it does not "activate" the new terminal, it only removes the barrels/airside blocking in front of it. No additional taxilianes, parkings, or really anything else is added, still kinda useless even with that adding. Also been notifyed that the scenery just is a convertion from an older FSX/P3D (at least most objcets and all ground textures, so really is not a full scratch X-Plane scenery. Guess with the long time since last message from the devs we will just have to wait and see what X-Plane 12 (hopefully) can bring for a scenery for this airport.