Crash after update

• Aerosoft

As I removed the user who insister we were 'ass aerosoft' with some other self invented swear words, his topic is also deleted (as he started it). As we did not want to close this topic I am opening this new one. We want to find out what causes this.

The facts as we know them:

• There are 19 people for whom the latest update from Marketplace of the CRJ crashes the sim 
  • There are 2 people for whom the latest update from our shop of the CRJ crashes the sim 
  • We are unable to recreate this, our testers are unable to recreate this and a few tens of thousands of customers do not see it.
  • We have seen three customers who removed the CRJ (and manually deleted the product folder) and re-installed a full new build solved the issue
  • As we did get some crash reports we have asked Asobo to take a look at this. 

If anybody has any more specifics, or have any idea what is different on these systems we gladly would like to hear about it. But the discussion WILL be done in a polite way and people who simply voted topics down because we do not know the answer will notice that has consequences. 

Of course we want to sort this problem out.  That only a few people are affected has no meaning other than that almost makes it inevitable that it something specific on their machines and not a problem in the code.  The moment we have any idea on what to do we'll do it. Just randomly changing code that works on tens of thousands of systems is not a solution however. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:
  • There are 19 18 people for whom the latest update from Marketplace of the CRJ crashes the sim 

I just spoken to one customer who had this issue. He reset Windows and re-installed the sim and the CRJ. As expected the issue was not see after that.

hello, I don't understand why you deleted my post, since it was with respect

I have CTD each time i select CRJ 500/700. When the SIM was Updated i didn¨t have any problem and i could fly without any trouble with it. However, this error started since the last CRJ was updated
The Application Error is as follows:

Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program FlightSimulator.exe because of this error.

Program: FlightSimulator.exe
File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action

Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
If the file still cannot be accessed and
It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.
Additional Data
Error value: 00000000
Disk type: 0

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.16.2.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x000001cdcaa12995
Faulting process id: 0x2eb8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d756838d8676b7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 1cdb17a0-5ffe-4073-881f-fce4cc343919
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I completely delete the folder that contains the CRJ and re-downloaded, the issue keeps happening

Best regards

• Aerosoft
7 minutes ago, Agustin Di Stefano said:

hello, I don't understand why you deleted my post, since it was with respect

As explained because the topic starters was banned, the topic was removed. No way around that. Your post was indeed absolutely not problematic.

As we simply have no way of debugging this (the encrypted files do not allow that), we are depending on Asobo and hope they can soon look at the files we send them. 

alright, here we are now (literally, from a forum/where to post perspective). thanks for opening this (again) since I am one of the 19 and one who submitted a crash/dump file to Hans. While I would neither know how and nor be willing to reset Windows, I will gladly reset MSFS and see whether that helps

• Developer

I have good news. ASOBO had a look at the crash dumps we sent in and those all point to the same problem. While I can't offer a solution or workaround at this time, I can at least tell you this:

• The problem is actively being worked on.
  • The problem is not with the CRJ itself but somewhere with the code that loads the aircraft.

I hope that a fix or at least a workaround will be available as soon as possible, however, this is out of my hands.

vor 41 Minuten, Hans Hartmann sagte:

fix or at least a workaround will be available

great news, Hans. Thanks for sharing as all my trial and errors were without success, resetting MSFS did not help and the repair function unfortunately triggered that I am currently downloading some 85 GB (again)...

anybody already downloaded all new MSFS launcher/content updates and able to check whether MS/Asobo fixed the CRJ CTD issue with the de/encryption of DLC? Still downloading here, may still take a while I am afraid

vor 38 Minuten, LH4371 sagte:

anybody already downloaded all new MSFS launcher/content updates and able to check whether MS/Asobo fixed the CRJ CTD issue with the de/encryption of DLC? Still downloading here, may still take a while I am afraid

unfortunately not, same CTD when loading the CRJ for the first time... deleted it and all fine again. off to explore the Nordics, without the CRJ though

Just got an update for my zendesk ticket from MS:

The development team has narrowed down the cause of the conflict with the CRJ and is working on a resolution. When the fix is ready it will be released as an update.

I think I found out what's causing the problem. I found 4 files . FSACHIRVE ,one in the root folder of the CRJ and three in the Folder SImObjects.

A friend who uses the non-Steam version and in the installation of it does not have these files. I think they're compressed files that are missing somewhere

vor 12 Stunden , Agustin Di Stefano sagte:

great news, we hope they can fix it

let's just hope we don't have to wait for SU5 now, was actually hoping they fixed it already with WU5 now... but maybe AS has a word to say here as well (towards Asobo/MS, I mean)

• Aerosoft
9 hours ago, Fernando Souto said:

I think I found out what's causing the problem. I found 4 files . FSACHIRVE ,one in the root folder of the CRJ and three in the Folder SImObjects.

A friend who uses the non-Steam version and in the installation of it does not have these files. I think they're compressed files that are missing somewhere

Sorry but that is for sure not the issue. We simply have to wait for Asobo to sort this out.

5 hours ago, LH4371 said:

let's just hope we don't have to wait for SU5 now, was actually hoping they fixed it already with WU5 now... but maybe AS has a word to say here as well (towards Asobo/MS, I mean)

OMG! We still have 11 more days until the release of the SU5. 
we hope they fix it before that since it's a long time

Archived