Crash after update

• Aerosoft
29 minutes ago, Pierre-alexandre PINAY said:

That's not the usual way of defining min specs, that's the whole point of my complain. Min specs are never defined as "specific model and generation" unless clearly stated. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask aerosoft (yes aerosoft ! the addon editor) to see with their retailler to add such specific warning on CPU génération limitation to avoid buying this specific addon since the rest of the software is working flawlessly ! 

Again, why are you asking us? The issue is not with the add-on, the issue is with the simulator.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mathijs, I strongly suspect that Aerosoft is responsible for the little description within the in-game store. (correct me if I'm wrong)

I feel like having a specific warning in the description stating that "CPUs of generation before Haswell for Intel and whatever is equivalent for AMD won't work with the in-game shop edition" would be a a minimum especially knowing that you are now perfectly aware of this issue.

I see your strategy to stick to what is legally binding you through contractual relations, but a little bit of common honesty wouldn't hurt. That's not a big sacrifice for Aerosoft and that would show that you care a little bit about your customers. Because you keep shielding with "blah blah talk to microsoft" but you (aerosoft) are the one receiving the money eventually!

I didn't buy a microsoft plane, I bought an Aerosoft plane through the microsoft store. To be honest, I was satisfied with my previous acquisitions from aerosoft, now I'm really disappointed by your company, and I know I'm not the only one. I never went to ask for a refund or whatever, I just ask you to say to your retailer to add a warning on the compatibility of your software in the description which is not automatic and definitely not straightforward when relying on the min specs as they are stipulated today in MSFS. That's a dishonest move, you know there are many customers who felt "scammed" by your company, especially now that this is a known "issue" whetther its from microsoft's end or yours does not matter eventually.

I feel like this "discussion" is going nowhere so I'll let it rest there from my end, you will probably have the satisfaction to believe you won, good for you.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Pierre-alexandre PINAY said:

I feel like this "discussion" is going nowhere so I'll let it rest there from my end, you will probably have the satisfaction to believe you won, good for you.

The conversation with you is actually going to end right here because the accusations you are have made have earned you a total ban.

Of course there is no shred of truth in the accusation.  We have never been involved with this in any way and if you check this topic you will see it came as  a total surprise to us as well as the customers affected by it. Keep in mind the MarketPlace version worked fine but the issue only started after an update of the sim (not an update of the add-on). 

I am dumbfounded by your post, find it highly offensive and indicating you still simply do not understand that it is an issue of the sim and not the add-on.  Should you want to retract your post and/or apologize you can do so at Mathijs.Kok@aerosoft.com.

• Aerosoft

Topic temporarily closed for obvious reasons. I have officered Pierre the change to apologize for his libelous post. 

People who upvote a post like that, where we are accused of being dishonest without a shred of evidence, will face a temporary ban. We are proud of our honesty and openness towards customers and will not have that put in doubt without some very serious proof. I know this is the 2021 Internet where people can just blurb out what they want, but that will not happen on our forums. 

We are a bit old fashioned in that aspect and believe accusations like "That's a dishonest move" require very serious proof before you can post that. 

• Aerosoft

As closing a topic without being able to sort out the issue is in my opinion about the worst thing possible, I just informed about the status of this issue.  Unfortunately we do not have any update from Asobo about this issue. So other then the promise it will be looked at by Asobo (keep in mind without any promises if it can be sorted out), things are as they are.  

If you have a 4th Gen Haswell processor (Launch Q2 of 2014 and discontinued in July 2017) you simply should NOT assume everything for MSFS (or the sim itself, for that matter) will work.  

When there is any news regarding this issue we (or Microsoft/Asobo) will let you know. I really wish there was better news.  As we assume Asobo is fully focussed on the Xbox platform at this moment we do understand this is not a major priority for them.

Now while I am in no way sure there is an option like this (and do take this seriously), I will see if there is any way we can move the affected customers to our shop.

Dear people of the community, Dear Aerosoft and Dear Mr. Kok,

I had the opportunity to discuss with Mathijs after our argument earlier this week and I came to realize that the words I have used were not the apropriate ones, and I understand Mathijs reaction when he read it. I obviously didn't think and did not want to imply that Aerosoft is being dishonest in this situation (or any other for that matter) I was feeling frustrated to be stonewalled and I felt like it was a bit unfair but I understand that this issue is also annoying for the people at Aerosoft as much as it is for us. I just hope this will be sorted out soon in a way or another.

Once again I dearly feel sorry for the words I used and for the embarrassment it caused, and I hope this conversation channel will stay open with a good and constructive spirit. I also wish to thank Mathijs personnaly for his efforts to understand.

Have fun with the game and fly safe (hopefully soon in a CRJ :) )

My simulator keeps crashing when I try to load de CRJ. I already already tried changing the TRAFFIC VARIETY to ULTRA. Also, I disabled the Windowns Defender but the problem persist.

Thank you

5 hours ago, DaeronDragon said:

My simulator keeps crashing when I try to load de CRJ. I already already tried changing the TRAFFIC VARIETY to ULTRA. Also, I disabled the Windowns Defender but the problem persist.

Thank you

What is your CPU?  Full Model.  You can find that in your About This PC section.

I checked on a benchmarking site my card (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v2 @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz) vs the required card and they are nearly identical but I am getting the CTD's the second it is installed. I am emptying my community folder and attempting to reinstall but am wondering if my CPU is the issue or if their is another cause.

Also, if it is the CPU issue, would purchasing from Aerosoft not the marketplace, likely fix the issue?

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is not a benchmark/performance issue but an issue with missing functionality in the CPU which is used by the Microsoft DRM system.

There are only two things you can do at the moment:

- update your CPU - or - 

- don't use the marketplace version of the CRJ but the Aerosoft store version

• Aerosoft

The support of PMDG contacted me today about issues with their DC-6 that seemed very similar. They also told me two customers who contacted them reported to them they had the same issue with the CRJ.   Now that does not surprise me because when the sim crashes with the CRJ it is very likely to crash with any more complex aircraft. 

I understand this does not help the people affected, but again it indicates strongly that it simply is not an issue of the CRJ. Even more, yesterday two customers who had this issue reported it was gone when they reinstalled the sim. 

On 7/10/2021 at 9:22 PM, epicschnazz said:

Great I'll see if Microsoft will refund and purchase from aerosoft!

I contacted the MSFS support and they said that as per Terms of Sale, you have no rights for a refund. So I guess it's time for a new PC for us.

• Aerosoft

To confirm the fact the issue is the CPU generation causing this issue (keep in mind MS was very clear, the affected CPU are excluded from the system requirements), it is now shown that in the Windows 11 beta build released on Friday, these systems are not eligible to update to Windows 11.  So you should NOT assume these CPU's will run MSFS or Windows 11. Now there are tweaks to circumvent the Windows 11 requirements (not the MSFS requirements at this moment), but you can just not accept things will work and you have no ground to complain.  I think it is safe to say Microsoft is looking forwards and is willing to drop compatibility with older CPU's at this moment to clear the way for the future.

The good news is that there are now many videos on YT that show Win11 to be seriously faster in games.  For example Linus showed some amazing results. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Bit OT, but I strondly suggest to check this site regarding Windows 11 systemrequirements. There will be also a tool available allowing you to check whether your PC. Also there is a link to supported CPUs.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-specifications

On 6/23/2021 at 5:39 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

As pessoas que têm esse problema seriam tão gentis a serem gentis em executar esta ferramenta e enviar o arquivo resultante para mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com? Vai ajudar Asobo a ver onde está o problema.

ASVersionInfo_1102.zip 14,72 kB · 18 downloads

CRJ worked perfectly on my MSFS until last Friday. Since then I have been experiencing the same problems as the friends reported here

• Aerosoft
9 hours ago, carlos_rafasilva said:

CRJ worked perfectly on my MSFS until last Friday. Since then I have been experiencing the same problems as the friends reported here

But as explained, that is because your CPU is not supported by Microsoft. Nothing we can do about that. We still have hope Asobo finds a way to handle older generation CPU's but for now the encryption needs a recent generation CPU. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft
On 7/31/2021 at 2:32 PM, mortisnoctem said:

In the hotfix it says "Fixed crashes on WASM modules for older CPUs" but i think the problem is still not fixed. Do you know anything about this?

We do not know what is fixed there. We were hoping this would solve the encryption issue with older CPU, but you say it does not?

I have downloaded the CRJ after the SIM-Update with my old CPU. And it really changes something.

Now i can see the CRJ in my Hangar and i also can select it without CTD! But if i want to start flight - CTD. But i can restart the SIM with chosen CRJ without CTD.

Greetings Georg

Archived