Crash after update

Ask for a status update then, issue is not solving quickly. I have been waiting for  almost a month now. We (marketplace people) are your customers too. "Simply nothing we can do" as an answer for a month is not acceptable. Pressure Asobo, ask for a status update, just do something.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

You are always free to get in touch with Microsoft customer support and request a refund. As it seems you are not willing to wait anymore this is the next logical step.

But you have to deal with Microsoft as you have bought in their shop, not with Aerosoft.

2 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

You are always free to get in touch with Microsoft customer support and request a refund. 

we we have done but Microsoft refused our requests. Perhaps Aerosoft would be prepared to refund their share of the sale?

27 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

But you have to deal with Microsoft as you have bought in their shop, not with Aerosoft.

So you are making it clear that as far as Aerosoft are concerned we are not your customer. 

so what if we buy the CRJ add on direct. What happens then?

can’t you see what a mess your position is creating?

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

This whole discussion is going a bit to fast for me. 

I don’t know if you meant “fast” but that is one thing it certainly isn’t doing. 
on the the other hand if you meant “going too far” the reason this post has so much interest is because we believe you haven’t gone far enough. 
And your attempt to misrepresent and misinterpret my request still leaves the question unanswered - Why not let us have an old version?

vor 22 Minuten, Pete Dawkins sagte:

not quite the point. If AS sold you the CRJ then AS would be the one to turn to. But it's not an AS issue as acknowledged by MS. MS sold the CRJ and MS messed up with the encryption of DLC. MS is our counterpart to deal with. I understand that AS cannot do much as the CRJ sold directly works obviously perfectly. Which is why I am dealing with MS to get a refund and then buy directly from AS.

MS has to understand though to prioritize their resources better, while I appreciate WUs and SUs and possibly even the XBOX version, there should be still somebody working on such technical issues as ultimately MS is hurting themselves selling something which does not work/install. And causing trouble to any 3PD like AS when the shit rolls downhill like in this case and thread.

Yes, my CRJ is grounded since weeks. Lessons learned: don't buy from the marketplace unless MS prioritizes it better. Happend in the past with DLC updates showing up in the marketplace much later and now with the DLC encyption support. Buy direct!

• Aerosoft
26 minutes ago, Pete Dawkins said:

So you are making it clear that as far as Aerosoft are concerned we are not your customer. 

can’t you see what a mess your position is creating?

No I do not see that. I am sorry you do not like the answer, but the facts are very basic and will not change.

• If you buy the CRJ in our shop you are our customer and we could potentially refund your order.
  • If you buy the CRJ from Microsoft you are the customer of Microsoft and Microsoft could potentially refund the order.
  • Aerosoft can not refund an order done at Microsoft. 
  • Offering access to older versions might be something we could do on our shop, but you want Microsoft to do so you will have to ask them.

Btw Pete, please do not vote down posts that are correct and factual. 

4 minutes ago, LH4371 said:

not quite the point. 

The point being if I buy the add on direct I am a customer of both for one sim model and how do they resolve that unless they work together?

• Aerosoft
1 minute ago, Pete Dawkins said:

The point being if I buy the add on direct I am a customer of both for one sim model and how do they resolve that unless they work together?

If you bought the add-on you would be our customer and we would have options to sort things out for you.  Let me repeat:

• If you buy the CRJ in our shop you are our customer and we could potentially refund your order.
  • If you buy the CRJ from Microsoft you are the customer of Microsoft and Microsoft could potentially refund the order.
  • Aerosoft can not refund an order done at Microsoft. 
  • Offering access to older versions might be something we could do on our shop, but you want Microsoft to do so you will have to ask them.

• Developer

We received LH4371's system configuration and it matches what Asobo thinks is the problem. Everyone else: please PM me your configuration info as soon as you can. The sooner we get Asobo they request, the better for everybody.

By the way: If it is what Asobo and myself think it is, then refunding the CRJ would only be very short term solution and you would run into the same problem with other WASM add-ons as soon as they arrive on the market.

vor 34 Minuten, Hans Hartmann sagte:

and it matches what Asobo thinks is the problem

that was quick. so much to AS support and collaboration with Asobo "behind the scenes". appreciated!

59 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

We received LH4371's system configuration and it matches what Asobo thinks is the problem. Everyone else: please PM me your configuration info as soon as you can. The sooner we get Asobo they request, the better for everybody.

By the way: If it is what Asobo and myself think it is, then refunding the CRJ would only be very short term solution and you would run into the same problem with other WASM add-ons as soon as they arrive on the market.

just sent mine to Hans via PM and Mathijs via mail

Thanks

vor 3 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Would the people who have this issue be so kind as to run this tool and send the resulting file to mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com? It will help Asobo to see where the issue is.

ASVersionInfo_1102.zip 14 kB · 7 downloads

should i start the ASVersionInfo and then MSFS2020 and then loading the CRJ or only running ASVersion?

vor 2 Minuten, derstein98 sagte:

should i start the ASVersionInfo and then MSFS2020 and then loading the CRJ or only running ASVersion?

just the ASVersionInfo, no running MSFS required as it just collects some HW and SW data on your machine

• Developer

So, after checking five files, I have to tell you something that you probably don't want to hear at all. Please don't shoot the messenger, because it's not his fault!

All five systems use Intel Core i3/5/7-2000 or -3000 series CPU. However, according to the Flight Simulator product pages in Steam and the Microsoft Store, the minimum system requirement is a Core i5-4660 aka Haswell core. This is not because the pre-Haswell CPUs are too slow, it is because the Haswell core comes with an extended instruction set (BMI 2) that Flight Simulator uses when loading WASM modules. All crash dumps that we received, point to an error caused when the assembly instruction "shrx" (shift right without affecting flags), simply because this instruction doesn't exist on your CPUs.

So much for the technical part. We're now waiting for a response from Asobo with some information on what's going to happen next. I hope to have more information for you within the next hour.

Archived