Crash after update

10 minutes ago, Fernando Souto said:

Sorry for my attempts to help, I will not make any more posts, I hope they solve the problem. Thank you

Don't be disheartened, the more we all try the closer we get to solving this, and considering all possibilities lies at the heart of good diagnosis, even if on this occaision it is only Asobo that can undo what they have done.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got this from Microsoft:

"Hi Pete,

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention. 

This issue has been tracked in our internal bug tracker thanks to the information you provided. Our QA team will review the information and try to reproduce the issue. Bugs and issues that have been successfully reproduced will be categorized and prioritized—game-breaking bugs will receive the highest priority, while middle-of-the-road and cosmetic bugs are prioritized based on reproduction and the number of times reported.

We'll come back to you if we need more information or if we have troubleshooting steps to recommend."

4 hours ago, Agustin Di Stefano said:

OMG! We still have 11 more days until the release of the SU5. 
we hope they fix it before that since it's a long time

SU5 is scheduled for end of July, that’s more than a month from now. 

Edit: I should add that I don’t think anyone said it will come with SU5. I’m sure they fix it sooner than that actually. 

• Aerosoft
50 minutes ago, Pete Dawkins said:

Just got this from Microsoft:

"Hi Pete,

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention. 

This issue has been tracked in our internal bug tracker thanks to the information you provided. Our QA team will review the information and try to reproduce the issue. Bugs and issues that have been successfully reproduced will be categorized and prioritized—game-breaking bugs will receive the highest priority, while middle-of-the-road and cosmetic bugs are prioritized based on reproduction and the number of times reported.

We'll come back to you if we need more information or if we have troubleshooting steps to recommend."

We are beyond that stage. Asobo knows about the issue and it will be fixed. They just need to find the time. As you can understand with the release of the Xbox version very close their priorities are hard to manage.

Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

We are beyond that stage. Asobo knows about the issue and it will be fixed. They just need to find the time. As you can understand with the release of the Xbox version very close their priorities are hard to manage.

That's what I thought,

I do understand the difficulties Asobo and yourselves face, but equally it is easy to see why some people get very frustrated with messages like that and the lack of accurate information. 

We need to be careful to get released products right as the priority, before we go charging on with new things otherwise MSFS2020 will become a collection of nearly good products that never got properly finished.

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, Pete Dawkins said:

That's what I thought,

I do understand the difficulties Asobo and yourselves face, but equally it is easy to see why some people get very frustrated with messages like that and the lack of accurate information. 

We need to be careful to get released products right as the priority, before we go charging on with new things otherwise MSFS2020 will become a collection of nearly good products that never got properly finished.

Sure. But exactly what do you want us to do when the code we send to Asobo work on our release and not on the version distributed by Microsoft?  As is 100% clear, the issue is not with what we provided.  We fully understand the frustrations but we simply have  absolutely no way of fixing it. We have seen this many times on Steam releases etc. The additional layers these shops put on things can cause issues. Issues in our code we can fix,. often in hours. Issues in DRM have to be fixed by platform. and take  between hours and weeks. People overestimate the influence we have on that. 

If you are not happy, by all means lets us know. But other than our promise that we will let Asosbo know, we got no reply that will make you happy. Our friends at Asobo know about the issue and the moment they got time they will fix it. When you buy a product, you have to decide who you want to be responsible for providing the updates. If it is an Aerosoft product, for MSFS there are three choices.  Aerosoft. our affiliated shops or the Flightsim Marketplace. The only only one we can offer guarantees for is our own shop. And that guarantee is that the the moment we have the update we will make it available on our own system and will send it to the other shops and Microsoft. When they make it available and if it works as we hope is simply out of our control.

Where people buy depends on a lot of factors. Ease of use, already have an account, availability of updates,wanting to get the developers the best royalty etc. That's competition. 

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But exactly what do you want us to do when the code we send to Asobo work on our release and not on the version distributed by Microsoft? 

What I would like is for Aerosoft to take a more sympathetic approach to those of us who have this problem, you suggest no more than 19, and as a one-off, temporary measure let us have a working version, an old version 1.0.2, so that we can fly the CRJ until Asobo fix the problem, not leave us without for what could be two months.  That will not cost you fortunes, it will not threaten and destabilise contractual agreements, and allows everyone the breathing space needed to sort this out.  It frees Microsoft/Asobo to concentrate on their bigger fish, Xbox release etc. it stops us the "Marketplace" buyers troubling Aerosoft and it means that Aerosoft are the salvation to a problem that was not of their making.  Would that not be good for everyone of us and good for Aerosoft?

That is what I want you to do.

• Aerosoft
38 minutes ago, Pete Dawkins said:

What I would like is for Aerosoft to take a more sympathetic approach to those of us who have this problem, you suggest no more than 19, and as a one-off, temporary measure let us have a working version, an old version 1.0.2, so that we can fly the CRJ until Asobo fix the problem, not leave us without for what could be two months.  That will not cost you fortunes, it will not threaten and destabilise contractual agreements, and allows everyone the breathing space needed to sort this out.  It frees Microsoft/Asobo to concentrate on their bigger fish, Xbox release etc. it stops us the "Marketplace" buyers troubling Aerosoft and it means that Aerosoft are the salvation to a problem that was not of their making.  Would that not be good for everyone of us and good for Aerosoft?

That is what I want you to do.

That seems you are asking us to move the sale from the Marketplace to our own system, even though we already paid Microsoft to handle the sale, distribution and updates. I am sorry but that is just not going to happen as we would take a serious loss on the sale.  We would need to find a way to insert the sale intro our systems (and German privacy laws make that seriously hard), replace the file you have installed with ours (and convince Microsoft that that is a good idea), take over all updates etc. It would simply mean we lose on money on the sale even though we did nothing wrong. That is just not going to happen. We pay a solid royalty to Microsoft to handle the sales and updates, we have let them know several times there is an issue. They have let us know they are aware of the issue and will fix it as soon as possible. 

If you bought this in the marketplace, you have bought this from Microsoft. They are simply responsponsible for delivering a working product. We have seen this issue being send to us in support but that is just not our issue, the files we delivered are correct. You have to talk to MS about delivering a correct copy.

In feel pretty shitty writing this as I hate to leave customers hanging. But moving these customers from Marketplace to our shop is really a big deal. From money to privacy, it is complex , time consuming and above anything else expensive. And that is assuming Microsoft will allow us to do it.

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That seems you are asking us to move the sale from the Marketplace to our own system,

I don't think that is what I said at all, and your reply is not what I would call taking a sympathetic approach. 

We all know this is for a very limited number of customers, 19 according to you.  I am not asking you to take over the sales, I am not asking you to lose money, I am not asking you to break German privacy laws, I am not asking you to take over all future updates, I am not asking you to replace the file I have installed because I do not have a file installed because if I did the simulator would crash every time I tried to use it. 

We already paid for a product that we cannot use, presumably Aerosoft got some financial benefit from that purchase.  Haven't you therefore got some obligation to us as indirect customers and whatever your fight is with Microsoft, you shouldn't take it out on us the little guys in the middle and there wasn't really any need to distort the simple suggestion that I put to you.

Version 1.0.2 is a spent edition of the product cycle, long since paid for, with all of Aerosoft's expertise it would be a simple task to make a download available to the 19 of us, even make us sign a non-disclosure agreement, put an expiry date in the code, whatever is necessary to avoid compromising any contracts or laws, but you won't do that not because you can't but because you won't.

You have the chance to fix this, to make the problem go away, to demonstrate what a great developer Aerosoft is and how it looks after its clients including indirect clients, instead this topic is becoming more and more public, all the major YouTube channels know about this issue, there are many, many posts on the Microsoft Forum and people are following Aerosoft's response.  Aerosoft will be judged by its handling of this and its willingness to help.  If what I were asking was impossible or costly, people would think the request unreasonable but if in their opinion it would be achieveable and for only 19 people and your choice is not to help, then how will Aerosoft look and how keen will people be to buy your next release.

I know already what you will say you have said it enough already " I am sorry but that is just not going to happen", but I will leave you to have the last word.

I think we are very numerous to have this problem, imagine if every time Microsoft updates the sim we should remove third-party products, it does not seem at all a good idea to buy later on MarketPlace, I made a mistake once and I will not make the mistake again .

3 minutes ago, fanix1 said:

I think we are very numerous to have this problem, imagine if every time Microsoft updates the sim we should remove third-party products, it does not seem at all a good idea to buy later on MarketPlace, I made a mistake once and I will not make the mistake again .

I agree, many people probably haven't had the problem yet if they didn't select the CRJ.  I completely agree this is a nightmare and what about the CRJ addons when they are released, what happens if I buy the addon direct from Aerosoft but got the Main CRJ from the marketplace?

we are talking about a conflict of the sim towards a CRJ file version 1.04 and not 1.05, and therefore in my opinion the sim does not start at any MarketPlace customer.
They know very well that the problem affects many

• Deputy Sheriffs

Gentlemen, it has been acknowledged already a couple of days ago here in this very topic, that the problem with the Marketplace version has been identified and that it will be fixed by Asobo/Microsoft as soon as they are able to. There is nothing Aerosoft can do about it other than waiting for the fix, just like everyone else.

Btw: 19 is the number of people who showed up here in the forum or at Aerosoft support. That of course says nothing about the real number of people having the problem. 

Fully understood Tom and I already reached out to MS for Support/Zendesk and Refund. If MS acknowledges the problem then I can - as a paying MS customer - hardly accept they focus on other topics like WU5 (before) or XBOX release (now). Again, I understand this is out of reach for AS but indeed a workaround could be to also offer the prior CRJ version through the Marketplace so I can at least fly that version. Now I am grounded since 3 weeks…

A completely different topic is the MS refund policy for DLC. They refuse my request since I exceeded obviously the allowed refund period. Just discussing with them why I cannot accept it if MS issues mandatory updates breaking DLCs when at the same time they are focusing their workload on other topics, see above. 

Just my 2 cents and no ranting against AS so no reason to also lock this thread (hint)

We understand very well that the problem is not Aerosoft, we are just discussing a problem with our purchase while waiting for Microsoft to solve it, since we can not use it at least we discuss.
That's all

1 hour ago, LH4371 said:

Fully understood Tom and I already reached out to MS for Support/Zendesk and Refund. If MS acknowledges the problem then I can - as a paying MS customer - hardly accept they focus on other topics like WU5 (before) or XBOX release (now). Again, I understand this is out of reach for AS but indeed a workaround could be to also offer the prior CRJ version through the Marketplace so I can at least fly that version. Now I am grounded since 3 weeks…

A completely different topic is the MS refund policy for DLC. They refuse my request since I exceeded obviously the allowed refund period. Just discussing with them why I cannot accept it if MS issues mandatory updates breaking DLCs when at the same time they are focusing their workload on other topics, see above. 

Just my 2 cents and no ranting against AS so no reason to also lock this thread (hint)

Totally agree with everything you say here, MS refused my refund request for the same reason and a prior CRJ version is within the gift of Aerosoft, so something could be done.

I have MSFS from the Microsoft Store and I have the ASCRJ from the MSFS Market Place.

I DO NOT have any CTDs... And I am sure that there are plenty like me as well who just don't feel like putting a "works for me" up here.  Usually do to frustrations that turns into a negative experience for the person sharing that comment..

We are also hearing about people putting Liveries on the PMDG DC-6 and those will CTD that plane....  But again... not for everyone...

There is a "complicated" reproduction case here...  

I would like to clear up one point though @Mathijs Kok 

18 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The only only one we can offer guarantees for is our own shop. And that guarantee is that the the moment we have the update we will make it available on our own system and will send it to the other shops and Microsoft.

In other posts it has been made that you can NOT release updates in your alternate delivery systems until after it releases on the MSFS Market Place....  Is this information changing again and we will get updates ahead of the "approval to MP" if we go through the Aerosoft store?

Not trying to stir the pot up just want to have a clear understanding as you have posted the opposite in the past... I also totally get that information can change.

For me with the latest sim update and reinstalling the CRJ, the sim will load fine and even the United Express CRJ-550 livery has reappeared. It loads okay and start up from Cold and Dark is fine, taxi, take off and cruise is fine but at the two airports that I've been flying into, I ALWAYS get a CTD when on final approach.  It will not capture LOC, nor GS as it did before I had issues.  I've been flying the ILS manually and within 3-5nm on final of the runway, I always get the CTD.  KDFW 35L and KLAX 25R.

I am hoping that this gets resolved soon.

Thank you.

Ich verstehe zwar nur die Hälfte hier, aber für mich klingt es so, als müsste ich noch sehr lange warten, bis ich die CRJ wieder fliegen kann. Ich hab also 50 Euro bezahlt und darf mich nun durch englischsprachige Foren kämpfen, um dort zu erfahren, dass keiner mir helfen kann, oder im Moment keine Zeit dazu hat.

Ich denke das war das letzte Mal, dass ich für ein MSFS Addon Geld ausgegeben habe.

Gruß Georg

9 minutes ago, pulplion said:

Ich verstehe zwar nur die Hälfte hier, aber für mich klingt es so, als müsste ich noch sehr lange warten, bis ich die CRJ wieder fliegen kann. Ich hab also 50 Euro bezahlt und darf mich nun durch englischsprachige Foren kämpfen, um dort zu erfahren, dass keiner mir helfen kann, oder im Moment keine Zeit dazu hat.

Ich denke das war das letzte Mal, dass ich für ein MSFS Addon Geld ausgegeben habe.

Gruß Georg

Sie denken, dass das Problem in der auf dem Microsoft Marketplace hinzugefügten Verschlüsselung  liegt und Asobo daran arbeitet, wird uns gesagt. Aber ich stimme zu, es ist eine Menge Geld, um etwas zu bezahlen, das nicht funktioniert, aber vielleicht bald.

Löschen Sie Ihren aerosoft-crj-Ordner und die Sim sollte wieder funktionieren.

Probably get told off that this is the "English" forum.

I'm really curious what’s causing this.
It clearly isn’t happening to the majority who bought the CRJ from the marketplace, else this place would be hell. 
There must be something the Microsoft store accounts, installations or computers of those affected must have in common.
I’m not blaming anyone set up their computer wrong, but I’ve seen weird stuff like language settings, name of the installation path or drive, a network share, and even a Bluetooth keyboard driver messing with completely unrelated software. It could be the most obscure shit and I’m glad they found it, even though I wasn’t affected. Problems like these can lead to much bigger issues down the line when they remain undetected. 

I hope this will soon get patched and you’ll be back in the skies. All of us are here because we’re passionate about our sim and our CRJ and the heated discussions show that clearly. Aerosoft are rightfully proud of their work, as is Asobo. 

Regarding the "Aerosoft could give us access to an old version" discussion, this may not be feasible for a number of reasons. Without going into detail, there could still be legal obligations or even technical reasons preventing them from doing this. It’s certainly not bad intent. But I agree this could be better communicated. 

Their problem could be that answering this in detail could open up a whole new can of worms with discussions about (whatever it is) being not enough of a reason to not give you folks access to the old version and they would have gained nothing but more heat. I’m sure Aerosoft expected this to be fixed by now. 

• Aerosoft
On 6/19/2021 at 12:53 PM, Pete Dawkins said:

Totally agree with everything you say here, MS refused my refund request for the same reason and a prior CRJ version is within the gift of Aerosoft, so something could be done.

As the sale was not done by us we are not a partner in this sale and we simply can't refund a non existing order.

This whole discussion is going a bit to fast for me. Anything that can be said has been said. Apart from asking Asobo for a status update there is simply nothing we can do.  I am sure the issue will be solved quickly . 

Archived