A330 ctd over the north atlantic p3d v4.5hf3

ALESSIOTOLU

Hello everybody . about every 10 flight sessions I receive a ctd from small buses and today from 330

i was in gander airspace after a 4 hour flight from eddf to cyyz

cpdlc in contact with gander via vatsim

from nothing I get the ctd

in the event log I have kernelbase.dll in each ctd

I repeat about every 10 flights

last time with the 320 pro

i repeated the flight last time with the same settings and the ctd did not come out

i can't understand it almost seems like a physiological thing or i don't know what to call it

all updated to the latest versions of buses for some time

i7 7900k

rtx 3060 ti

16 gb ram

I don't have any settings in p3d at most

force ecam deactivated for some time

That can be caused by a number of different things (not Airbus related) and unless it's something you can duplicate each time it's rather hard to nail down.  One thing that is known to cause this in P3D is having settings a little too high for conditions (weather, traffic, etc.), or having older AI Aircraft or Ship textures being called.  Another thing is weather station data (including made up weather stations which is done by Active Sky to help with weather data interpolation), we've actually seen that a number of times over the Atlantic when crossing East to West and most often within 300nm or so from the European coastline.

If you'll post your P3D settings (screen shots only please) I'd be happy to take a look at them for you.  Higher settings don't always mean better visuals or performance.  Also please provide your system specs.

On 6/13/2021 at 7:01 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Ciò può essere causato da una serie di cose diverse (non correlate ad Airbus) e, a meno che non si tratti di qualcosa che puoi duplicare ogni volta, è piuttosto difficile da definire. Una cosa che è nota per causare questo in P3D è avere impostazioni un po' troppo alte per le condizioni (meteo, traffico, ecc.) o avere vecchie texture AI Aircraft o Ship chiamate. Un'altra cosa sono i dati delle stazioni meteorologiche (incluse le stazioni meteorologiche create da Active Sky per aiutare con l'interpolazione dei dati meteorologici), abbiamo effettivamente visto che un certo numero di volte sull'Atlantico quando si attraversa da est a ovest e più spesso entro 300 miglia quindi dalla costa europea.

Se pubblicherai le tue impostazioni P3D (solo schermate per favore) sarei felice di darle un'occhiata per te. Impostazioni più elevate non sempre significano immagini o prestazioni migliori. Si prega inoltre di fornire le specifiche del sistema.

thanks for the quick response

now I'll give you the screenshots

i forgot the ctd happened immediately after asking atc fl380 i was at fl360

as soon as I set fl380 in the mcdu and I set the vs everything happened. now I give you the screenshots

W10 pro 20h2 

I7 9700k @3.60 

16 gb ram

Rtx3060 ti

Liquid master 

650w 

Please login to display this image.

Under just post a screen of a ofp .the ctd its happened just 11 min before N58W040 after 4.00 h from departure the sky was clear no cloud no cb .and I noticed one thing shanwick and gander connected i contacted gander via cpdlc

after about 10 min the atc disconnected but the cpdlc remained connected with the station even if on the various vats spy and app to see which atc is online it was disconnected I would like to give you as much information as possible

On 6/13/2021 at 7:01 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

That can be caused by a number of different things (not Airbus related) and unless it's something you can duplicate each time it's rather hard to nail down.  One thing that is known to cause this in P3D is having settings a little too high for conditions (weather, traffic, etc.), or having older AI Aircraft or Ship textures being called.  Another thing is weather station data (including made up weather stations which is done by Active Sky to help with weather data interpolation), we've actually seen that a number of times over the Atlantic when crossing East to West and most often within 300nm or so from the European coastline.

If you'll post your P3D settings (screen shots only please) I'd be happy to take a look at them for you.  Higher settings don't always mean better visuals or performance.  Also please provide your system specs.

Can y help me please. I still waiting 

From the AVSIM CTD Guide:

Kernelbase.dll – A system file so a problem with your computer system. FSX or P3D just happened to be running when the event occurred. Related to StackHash errors and NTDLL.dll errors (see below). No known fix but some have solved this problem by -
• Settings too high. Rebuild FSX/P3D config.
• Updating or reinstalling their video card drivers.
• Scanning your system for corrupt/missing files.
• Disable startup programs by typing msconfig in the Windows search box. When open, look at the Startup tab and disable all startups (they are all not needed for operation of your computer).
• User Profile Corrupted – last resort, fix possible corrupted user profile.

Also, a CPU or GPU overclock can cause the problem you are having.

My personal recommended P3D Settings:

Best wishes!

Hi Dave

If you check my screen you can see that

I dont have: 

High res texture

Display resolution is 1920

Texture res my is 1024 

In my opinion the only thing i have to change is 

Weather: cloud distance from 80 nm to 60 nm in p3d 

And in active sky : minimum cloud distance 60

Maximum cloud distance 80

What do you think about the cloud distance?

7 hours ago, ALESSIOTOLU said:

Hi Dave

If you check my screen you can see that

I dont have: 

High res texture

Display resolution is 1920

Texture res my is 1024 

In my opinion the only thing i have to change is 

Weather: cloud distance from 80 nm to 60 nm in p3d 

And in active sky : minimum cloud distance 60

Maximum cloud distance 80

What do you think about the cloud distance?

That is fine, I run higher than that.

7 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Va bene, corro più in alto di così.

Ok. Well my spec are under your and i have a rtx 3060 ti. 

Its not possible an ctd due to higher specs for me. 

56 minutes ago, ALESSIOTOLU said:

Ok. Well my spec are under your and i have a rtx 3060 ti. 

Its not possible an ctd due to higher specs for me. 

I disagree.  My CPU is a forth generation i7 processor (4770K) while yours is a ninth generation. MY GPU is an NVIDA 1080 (vanilla) and yours is far more advanced than mine.  If I were you I would consider overclocking just a bit but you should be fine without it.  Lastly, try my settings. 

Best wishes.

Yes i know. I talking about my specs of p3d not my specs of cpu or gpu.you say to me to sent a screen of my settings . Over you can see my settings of p3d ...
I was asking you : how is it possible that you tell me about ctd because I have the settings of p3d too high while I have them below yours.
that's what I don't understand.
i can't get ctd because i have high p3d settings. so the cause lies elsewhere. sfc scannow did not give me errors as well as dxdiag. I do not understand . I don't overclock so what's the problem? thanks for your help

• 2 months later...

Hi Dave

Today during eddf kjfk after 6 hour and 50 minuts of flight over vatsim p3d  ctd 

I flying severe time from this post with the little bus. 

Today i m back to the a330 and i got kernelbase.dll ctd.

Happened only with a330 pro 

On 9/7/2021 at 3:45 PM, ALESSIOTOLU said:

Hi Dave

Today during eddf kjfk after 6 hour and 50 minuts of flight over vatsim p3d  ctd 

I flying severe time from this post with the little bus. 

Today i m back to the a330 and i got kernelbase.dll ctd.

Happened only with a330 pro 

Nice to hear from you again, sorry it was under these circumstances.

If I understand correctly, you made the same flight (same flight plan, everything the same except the aircraft) with the smaller Airbus and the A330, and you had a CTD with the A330?\

Happy to hear you .

No . I m flying in europe with little bus and all going well.

I decice to fly with the a330 and i got ctd after 7 hour over Boston before tod

Last ctd with a330 was enroute to cyyz

Kernelbase.dll

All bus up to date

Archived