Pause at TOP.......

alaaar

Dear Aerosoft,

Could you please consider the possibility of adding a pause at TOD, hopefully adjustable on 10 or 20 kts  before the actual point?

I know that, not having auto-throttle at cruise phase makes it not logical but at a SIM environment it could be useful.

If we do have a pause option that I missed at the settings, I apologize :) 

Many thanks

Alaa 

I know this is far from being real but yes I would like that, too, as I am often forced to let my planes fly unattended and right now they sometimes overshoot the destination if I don't get back in time; liked that in PMDGs 737, would love to that in the FBW neo and also the CRJ

I have had success using an old FS2002 program to pause the simulator (https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=iwillbeback.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search).  You have to enter in the distance from your current position that you want the sim to pause (so it's not perfectly at TOD), but it gets the job done when I need to walk away...

On 6/17/2021 at 4:08 AM, FlyByWire128 said:

I have had success using an old FS2002 program to pause the simulator (https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=iwillbeback.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search).  You have to enter in the distance from your current position that you want the sim to pause (so it's not perfectly at TOD), but it gets the job done when I need to walk away...

And 2002 FS utility works with MSFS2020??

5 hours ago, alaaar said:

And 2002 FS utility works with MSFS2020??

I was shocked too, but it does work in MSFS2020 (including with the CRJ). 

I've been using that program with FSX and P3D (which are almost the same core programs as FS2002) for almost a decade, and I thought for sure it wouldn't work with MSFS2020.  Imagine my surprise when I tried it!

1 hour ago, FlyByWire128 said:

I was shocked too, but it does work in MSFS2020 (including with the CRJ). 

I've been using that program with FSX and P3D (which are almost the same core programs as FS2002) for almost a decade, and I thought for sure it wouldn't work with MSFS2020.  Imagine my surprise when I tried it!

Most Programs that use Simconnect are going to work.  The only issues are going to be with commands that Asobo did not bring forward with their changes and updates ... ie Camera View System and Pan did not see the linking to the Simconnect commands nor did the G1000 and GPS button commands.... amongst a few others....  Things like Pushback, Pause and many other controls can still use all the legacy simconnect commands...

As an alternative, you can monitor your flight AND pause the sim as required on your smart phone or tablet using the following MSFS Mobile Companion App

Interestingly, I too have been using IWillBeBack, though sure that there are other programs, but it gets the job done. 

Archived