Can't join multiplayer

Simicro

Whether I try to join with the Blanik or Wilga, I get the dotted line running indefinitely... I waited for several minutes and could not join. At the time I tried, there was 15 players. Maybe a limitation in the number of players on the server? Do I need to authorize the game to access internet through the Windows firewall? (I did not see anything regarding that in the manual?)

Hi Mathijs,

Sorry for the late reply.

In fact I found that WoA.exe was already 'allowed' in the firewall.

Oh well, I'll just forget multiplayer at this time.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I unfortunately have the same exact problem as Simicro. I am stuck in the dots running on the plane select menu on multiplayer. It shows there are 15 players, but I cannot join.

I tried to fiddle around with my firewall, but it didn't work. I am using Steam edition of the game.

Update:
I tried to run the Steams local game file check, but Steam found no issues there.

Would it be helpful, if we tried to coordinate me trying to join to the server with your moderators watching the server log at the same time, or can you track down the log if I provide a accurate timestamp at Z-time?

edit:

Tried to connect to multiplayer at 7:50-z today. Kept it running for a couple of minutes.

Hey! Great news!

Today I managed to connect to the server. It seems like it was my firewall/virus protection after all. I changed the firewall setting to ask for programs to connect to the internet and let me choose if it is authorized or not and it looks like that did the trick.

Archived