I'd like my money back (CRJ = joke)

MSFS was my introduction to flight simming and pretty much aviation in general. Without going on a big spill, I'm really disappointed with the CRJ aircraft. It was an absolute waste of $50 and to be honest has probably turned me away from buying any payware aircraft again. It's been 3 months since it's launch and it still doesn't work. AP is a joke, won't follow flight plan, that's just scratching the surface. There was a thread here from a month ago that said there was an impending update that was allegedly going to fix this issues. What happened? If I were aerosoft, I'd be ashamed to have a product that doesn't stack anywhere near what the flybywire team has accomplished. Mind you, that's freeware. 

I know I won't get my money back, I just wanted to express my aggravation and disappoinment because this was a waste of $50. 

Not saying there aren’t any issues but I think if you take some time and actually learn how to fly it you will enjoy it quite a bit. It’s a bit more work than the FBW A320, for example, but it’s not a waste of money. 

There are issues that are a bit frustrating but there have been some updates already that improved it and it’s gonna get better. Again, just have to be willing to learn the aircraft. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

@Caleb Oxford are you running the latest 1.0.5.0 update?

As curben said, the CRJ is way more complex to fly as an Airbus. A lot have to be managed by the pilot itself.

As it was your step into flightsimming, the CRJ requires really some learning.

Have you ever checked out these videos, done by a real CRJ Pilot?

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/1061-come-fly-with-me-by-the-dude/

I'm too new to the flightsimming world and boy the CRJ was a steep learning curve. I'd say that at the beginning more or less than 70% mistakes were mine and the other 30% of the bird and/or msfs

I've spent hours watching videos, following real crj pilots streams, tried and failed myself while trying to follow the correct procedures, flows and checklists.

I've become better and so the bird with the patches. I'll improve even more and I believe the thing will improve too also because the sim is new and some features, both in game or in the devs tools, are quite in beta. Hell some are still in alpha if not even missing.

Take your time and be patient for also more updates. 

Don't take it bad but I do think some of your problems with the bird are cause by something you missed.

Like maybe posting in the general discussion instead of here (sorry... I had to make this joke)

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, Caleb Oxford said:

MSFS was my introduction to flight simming and pretty much aviation in general. Without going on a big spill, I'm really disappointed with the CRJ aircraft. It was an absolute waste of $50 and to be honest has probably turned me away from buying any payware aircraft again. It's been 3 months since it's launch and it still doesn't work. AP is a joke, won't follow flight plan, that's just scratching the surface. There was a thread here from a month ago that said there was an impending update that was allegedly going to fix this issues. What happened? If I were aerosoft, I'd be ashamed to have a product that doesn't stack anywhere near what the flybywire team has accomplished. Mind you, that's freeware. 

I know I won't get my money back, I just wanted to express my aggravation and disappoinment because this was a waste of $50. 

Could it be that the aircraft is just too complex for you?  Have you actually tried to follow the Tutorial? At what exact moment does what you see no longer matches the text? 

As you can see from literally hundreds of YT vids, other people seem to be able to fly flight plans without much issues and certainly in the last version we do not know of any major issue with the Autopilot. But you really need to follow all procedures correctly to make the systems work for you.  And those are really VERY different from Airbus. 

17 hours ago, Caleb Oxford said:

AP is a joke, won't follow flight plan,

You are clearly doing something wrong. The AP has followed literally every flight plan I have programmed in over 50 flights. And, with the latest update, the glide slope has worked flawlessly down to minimums every time. 

It sounds like you are done with it and that’s cool. But watching the videos and practicing A LOT will reward you with an amazing sim experience. 

22 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Could it be that the aircraft is just too complex for you?  Have you actually tried to follow the Tutorial? At what exact moment does what you see no longer matches the text? 

As you can see from literally hundreds of YT vids, other people seem to be able to fly flight plans without much issues and certainly in the last version we do not know of any major issue with the Autopilot. But you really need to follow all procedures correctly to make the systems work for you.  And those are really VERY different from Airbus. 

Could it be that the aircraft is just unfinished product?

I must have flown the CRJ over a hundred times so far. Everytime it follows LNAV with no problem and 90% of the time the glideslope works. Only times it does not follow the glideslope is my fault, either approaching too high or too close to the runway. And since the update the transition to the glideslope is quite smooth.

vor 30 Minuten, ametlib sagte:

Could it be that the aircraft is just unfinished product?

Did they ever claim "It's finished, so deal with it!"?

1 hour ago, KuntaKinte said:

Did they ever claim "It's finished, so deal with it!"?

LOL - Why mr Kock ask then "Could it be that the aircraft is just too complex for you?" because isn't fisnished? Why I must deal with something unfinished product? What was the pont?

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, ametlib said:

LOL - Why mr Kock ask then "Could it be that the aircraft is just too complex for you?" because isn't fisnished? Why I must deal with something unfinished product? What was the pont?

What has complexity to do with finished?

A aircraft with complex systems can be finished. Our intention is not to model a dumbed down aircraft with automatic functions and simplifications that IRL don’t exist. We model the aircraft as it is IRL with the complex systems the user has to learn and train almost like a IRL pilot. That’s the world of flightsimming and not an arcade game.

Archived