ASUpdater Issues

My ASUpdater is empty. I have V1.0.3.0 for my CRJ and I'm trying to upgrade it to V1.0.5.0. It doesn't show any plane or anything and but it doesn't say "No products found" either.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling with Firewall and Antivirus set to OFF. I always install these things as Admin too. I've made sure to load the CRJ in MSFS and then check the updater again but I still face the same problem.

as_aircraft-crj-550-700_msfs.xml

ASUpdater_App_Log.txt

asupdater.xml

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, sidfadc said:

Same here, seems this issue is rife.  Simple solution Aeresoft just upload the full build to the website!  It’s a 20 min job at best.

Lol.... every full installer has to be tested on 12 systems (language, OS, sim version (Steam. Marketplace, our shop, external shops)). and the it has to be handled by marketing,  has to be send to the external shops, added to the shop system.  Twenty hours is a bit closer then 20 minutes.  If you think you can manage all of that in 20 minutes we like to offer you a job!

40 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Lol.... every full installer has to be tested on 12 systems (language, OS, sim version (Steam. Marketplace, our shop, external shops)). and the it has to be handled by marketing,  has to be send to the external shops, added to the shop system.  Twenty hours is a bit closer then 20 minutes.  If you think you can manage all of that in 20 minutes we like to offer you a job!

I meant once the full build is ready its a 20 min upload to the CDN, seems its about 720MB upload.  As a software company you should be prepared and always have the full build on your website for paying customers like me who can't use your bespoke update facility which clearly has inherent flaws because I'm not the only one suffering it seems.

Maybe you should think about giving me some support and ideas to fix the problem along with the other chap in this thread?

• Aerosoft

Okay so you mean uploading is 20 minutes, after the 20 hours we need to create a valid build is done.  As I said I am more then willing to offer you a job if you know of a way to reduce that 20 hours so it fits in your 20 minute time frame!  We are working on a full new build. And it will be provided when everything we need to do is done. Not in the next 20 minutes. 

I am sorry Aerosoft does not match your expectations as we do not have full updated builds of the many hundreds of products we handle at all times.  I believe you overestimate the size of our company. 

For such a small company as you claim the sarcasm to a paying customer is staggering!  All you needed to tell me was "sorry mister customer for the troubles you have experienced, we are aware of issues with our updater and we are going to release a full build but please bear with us because it takes us many hours, but rest assured the £50 you spent with us is money well spent".

• Aerosoft

Again, I am sorry Aerosoft does not match your expectations.  We have absolutely no idea why the updater process fails for a handful of people and works for thousands of others.  And a small company? Perhaps, but in our field we are by far the biggest and I match our production in updates against any of our befriended competitors. We released 2 new builds and 5 updates today. 

Keep in mind you started to say it would take 20 minutes and I explained that does not even start the process.  Again, we would be very interested in any idea how we could reduce 20 hours to 20 minutes!

Archived