Configurator 2.1 For Bravo Can't Add Profiles XP-11

I have just tried to update the AP switches on the Bravo using the configurator 2.1.  I did take I believe is your tutorial.  When I try to transfer my newly created profile it is placed in my X-plane folder, E. The profile apparently is not being sent to where my other xp-11 profiles are stored thus I cannot select my newly created profile when I go to settings in xp-11.  I cannot find where my other profiles are stored. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Otrman AKA Henry

• Aerosoft

Hi Henry and welcome to our forums:

it is important to understand that the profiles you import or create via the HC Configurator work completely independant from the X-Plane ones. Thats why you will also never see aynthing from them in the X-Plane controls menu. What you have to do is activate the profile you want to use direcly from the Configurator itself, so its mappings can be used in sim:

Please login to display this image.

Apart from that, as the two control mapping mechanisms are completely independant, you also have to make sure that there are no doubled button bindings as otherwise you will get clashing and weird behaviour.

Thank you for your reply.  I am able to use the Bravo (AP) right out of the box with MSFS and works just fine with MSFS.  I  basically use just one profile configured for GA as I only use MSFS for sightseeing as the scenery and points of interest are really superior to that of XP-11.

I use XP for other purposes and with a variety of aircraft.  I have more than one profile that I choose according to the aircraft I am flying.  I have setup the rudder pedals and the Alpha the same for all.

What I would like to have for someone to send me a profile with the AP assignments already.  I would then bring up that profile and set up the throttle levers and anything else I wish and I should be able to use XP when I wish to fly some of the aircraft no available in MSFS.

I have tried to use the configurator but even with my 35 years experience in IT, and being a retired vet in my mid eighties, somewhat handicapped, just can;t get it done.  Is there someone who could do that for me.

Regards,

Otrman AKA Henry

• Aerosoft

Hi Henry,

the problem is that there simply is not a "general" profile that makes the AP section work with any aircraft. The default throttle profile that comes with the HC Configurator download has the AP section defined for use with a default piston like the G1000 Cessna. But it already won't work with the default airliners that come with X-Plane as they are using different autopilot variables and commands.

So...it all comes down to which specific aircraft you are targeting. You can also check out our dedicated download area to see if there already is a Bravo profile for your aircraft available.

• 1 month later...

Archived