Erratic throttle behavior

Hello guys,

I am creating this after reading several posts and a few hours of frustrated debugging process. But it has become impossible to fly this jet, I can't even taxi properly as I can't get a reliable power setting when adjusting the throttle. Please watch the video below.

The issue occurs with or without my throttle axis assigned, single or dual axis, you name it. This is not a faulty hardware as I can fly perfectly on DCS, Falcon BMS, X-Plane and even other planes in MSFS, and as previously mention, even if I disconnect the throttle and use the keyboard to set the power, this erratic behavior happens and I can't imagine what could be causing this, and only with Aerosoft's CRJ. No axis are assigned to mixture, spoilers, etc. I made sure just to have (or not) axis assigned for the throttle levers (and tested both, throttle 1 & 2, as well as the 0-100% options, and assigning them to the 'secondary axis', which has been my previous solution to the problem).

I have completely uninstalled the plane and installed it again = no joy. I can't say that I have had the smoothest experience with the throttle in this plane since launch, but I could manage. Now it is just impossible. 

Hi Mathijs,

Thank you for your reply. No, I am not. I have an old one installed, but it is the free version which does not let me assign the controllers. I will delete it and see what happens, but I don't think it will change anything.

Updating: I have completely erased everything from FSUIPC and the Aerosoft CRJ, liveries, old files in the official and appdata/local folders, and I believe I've made a good job there to avoid any traces from a previous installation. Again, no luck. I have recorded another video (both of them in this forum are unlisted on youtube, their only purpose is to provide you a better 'situational awareness' of what is going on my system).

Please check it below (might still be processing the HD version).

https://youtu.be/2zgCnlU0GnA

• Aerosoft

Hi GMachado,

I can see from your videos that you have several controls connected to the simulator.
If you haven't already done so, can you close the sim, physically unplug all the controls, start the sim and give it a try again with the keyboard or the mouse only ?

Thank you.

Hi Simware,

I tested and the problem was gone. I did a complete setup of my controls from ground zero and finally managed to fly it again. I still have no idea what could have caused as I use the same setup in the CJ4 and I didn't have the issue (and the fact that it worked fine with the CRJ before the updates), the only thing that made me create a different profile from the CJ4 was the 'thrust reverse' trick on the warthog (as shown in the tutorial), which of course wasn't the case as I have done it again and the plane is flying now. I think the topic can be closed, and thank you for your help.

Archived