Used Navigraph / Simbrief via tablet CRJ 550/700

poudelou

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is better posted in the dedicated CRJ section, so it's moved. The question in this post and the answer is the best current answer to your question:

32 minutes ago, Herman said:

This is better posted in the dedicated CRJ section, so it's moved. The question in this post and the answer is the best current answer to your question:

Sorry, but WT CJ4 just connects to Simbrief for flightplan on CDU and shows maps Navigraph maps on MFD.

Also the communication is possible.

But I prefer to use CRJ: I like to input data manually but will be usefully to see approach charts on CRJ display direcly.

In any case thanks to CRJ Developers

• Deputy Sheriffs

Is the WT CJ4 coded in WASM or in C++? As noted in the post I linked to, the issue is with WASM, and WASM is necessary to accomplish the capability the CRJ has over other offerings in the marketplace.

For me, it's certainly useful to have access to the SID/STAR/approaches/airport layout on a side-mounted EFB for briefing, but in real life, looking down and left instead of down only to see the plate works best. Even in the sim, TrackIR isn't the best alternative. Again, for me. Of course, having it all on a nice big screen on the panel is best, and on a King Air C90GTi it works well, but I suspect that has a bit more panel real estate than the CRJ . Never flew the CRJ IRL, and only peeked in a couple of their cockpits, so I'm not sure about that.

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Il WT CJ4 è codificato in WASM o in C++? Come notato nel post a cui mi sono collegato, il problema riguarda WASM e WASM è necessario per ottenere la capacità che CRJ ha rispetto ad altre offerte sul mercato.

All right, surely one day sooner or later it will be possible.
Not even flying was conceivable ... but then ...

🏒👍👍👍🏒

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, pilota57 said:

All right, surely one day sooner or later it will be possible.

Not even flying was conceivable ... but then ...

🏒👍👍👍🏒

For your first point, here's every reason to think that will happen. For the second, quite true, and quite relevant to the first.

17 hours ago, pilota57 said:

Sorry, but WT CJ4 just connects to Simbrief for flightplan on CDU and shows maps Navigraph maps on MFD.

Also the communication is possible.

But I prefer to use CRJ: I like to input data manually but will be usefully to see approach charts on CRJ display direcly.

In any case thanks to CRJ Developers

The WT CJ-4 does use some WASM behind the scenes for performance critical functions, but the main part of the aircraft is coded in JavaScript/HTML which does permit external network connections. The CRJ is exclusively WASM.

When external networking does eventually become available for WASM in the SDK, charts would have to be displayed on the EFB, rather than on the main displays. The real CRJ uses CRT displays, and they are not capable of displaying charts - they do not have a high enough resolution for that. 

If you are a Navigraph subscriber, they have recently added a function to their data manager for MSFS allowing the installation of a link program that should permit displaying charts in-game in a pop up window. I have not tried this yet but this should work in the CRJ because the Navigraph viewer runs outside of the CRJ’s own WASM code.

• Aerosoft

As JRBarrett post is complete I am closing this.

We really wish we would be able to do what Javascript can do and we are sure Asobo feels the same.  But seriously complex aircraft like we (and devs like PMDG) need to do, at this moment, are fully depending on C++. We simply do not have the option to go back to Javascript, not only because it would make development way more expensive, but also because there are certain things we simply do not know how to do in Javascript.  

We love to be proven wrong, but until somebody gets the complexity of the CRJ done in Javascript and it running at a good speed, we stay with our idea that we need WASM to do the complexity we believe customers are willing to pay prices around 50 euro for.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived