FMS Data Maintained?

tcvalley

Still stumbling around my CRJ trying to get it to stay in the air so I tend to have to reload my scenario often and when I do I have to re-enter the entire FMS FPLN. Is this normal? Also it seems that since my update I lost my nosewheel steering with the yoke. Not so much a big deal I am more inclined to think I am doing something wrong.

Would appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks

Tom V

Well it appears no one wants to respond to my query so I have posted it in the Aerosoft Forum. Hopefully someone there doesn't get ticked by neo pilots.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tom

have you checked out the various tutorials on YouTube? The CRJ can definitely be a handful if you’re not sure what you’re doing. Without doubt that’s the best place to start and is what I did.

These will also show the easiest ways of importing flight plans from the likes of SimBrief or Navigraph, so if you do have to re-enter the info, it’s not as big of a problem.

Hope that helps!

Regards, David

Thanks David, and yes I have been sifting my way through all the tutorials. What I find is that almost all of them deal with MSFS version of the CRJ and I have P3D. Reentering the data is not so bad except I have to also reestablish control of the aircraft as the engines have to go through a restart and the autopilot has to be reengaged. It is not so bad if I have made it to cruising altitude but if I have to save it on approach then forget it I am going to crash before I can get it configured. I have been in FS for a very long time so I am used to bugs and I have to say I have gotten much better at operating it.

Thanks again for a response.

Blessings, Tom

• 3 weeks later...

My advice:

don‘t bother with complicated flight plans at the beginning. Just fly the same route between two airports (not more than 50 miles apart) again and again. Just use the CDU to input departure and arrival airports - no complicated flight planning. After 3 flights you will know that route by heart, and some flights later you will start getting the CRJ!

I remember how I did EDDF-EDDS back and forth at least 20 times for training, and each time I achived a higher level of control over the CRJ. Believe me: the day will soon come when you won’t struggle with this beautiful bird anymore, but instead enjoy how it handles…

Good luck!

Archived