FMS Programming - EDDL Rwy 23L - SID Modru1k - Strange routing

Dornus

Hi,

at first I'm a little bit tiered of having issues with MSFS. I would like to enjoy flying as before MSFS came up. 

Anyway.. I would like to fly from EDDL to LEPA....

Route was created with Simbrief: 

EDDL/23L MODRU1K MODRU Z283 RITAX UT27 GTQ UN852 GILIR DCT GVA DCT BALSI UN852 VERSO UL129 LUNIK LUNIK2J LEPA/06L

But after enter Modru1K SID the relaxing flight ends suddenly.

The Waypoint which are added are Ok but with wrong distances..... There are no discontinuities but the aircraft can't follow the route after take off.

Please see my screenshots added.

Double check with A320neo (standard) the SID is fine within CDU there.

Any Suggestion or is this a bug within CRJ?

Kind Regards

Peter

Please login to display this image.

This is a case for Hans 🙂

I set up the FMS with your data and get the same result.

But if I change to another Rwy /SID and revert back the your data is looks like the picture. The white line has change to north. Really strange.

Hi and thank you for taking your time to verify  this issue. 

Sorry for asking. How are the further steps here? Have I to address this issue Separately to the developer platform? 

Kind regards 

Peter 

• Deputy Sheriffs

No need for further steps, you posted in the correct section. 2 add. questions:

- which navdata provider for the CRJ did you use?

- you use the same cycle in Simbrief as in the CRJ?

vor 9 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

I can confirm this issue. Will be checked.

I have found it with navdata provided by MSFS and with navdata by navigraph. I used the separate installer from navigraph for CRJ navdata too. 

By the way... If I enter the waypoint of SID manually they are fine. 

Good to hear that you can duplicate the issue too. 

Thank you very much for your support. 

Kind regards 

Peter 

In the notes section of the chart you will see the phrase RF leg required (radius to fix) the CRJ is in no way nor will ever be capable of an RF leg. This is how the actual CRJ is. You will have to select a different SID as the CRJ is not capable of flying this one. Nor will a CRJ be capable of any RNP terminal procedure. You will have to file and fly the MODRU 1H or 1T instead.

vor 2 Stunden , Matthew2312 sagte:

In the notes section of the chart you will see the phrase RF leg required (radius to fix) the CRJ is in no way nor will ever be capable of an RF leg. This is how the actual CRJ is. You will have to select a different SID as the CRJ is not capable of flying this one. Nor will a CRJ be capable of any RNP terminal procedure. You will have to file and fly the MODRU 1H or 1T instead.

Hi, thank you.

I took a look and found this part within the chart now and will keep an eye on the notes within the charts a bit more in the future. 

But one thing I am interested to know. How is the real CRJ FMS handle the input of this SID? Is it rejected or drawn in the same way? 

Kind ragards

Peter 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

18 hours ago, Dornus said:

Hi, thank you.

I took a look and found this part within the chart now and will keep an eye on the notes within the charts a bit more in the future. 

But one thing I am interested to know. How is the real CRJ FMS handle the input of this SID? Is it rejected or drawn in the same way? 

Kind ragards

Peter 

Because this is an turning RNP departure  this particular SID would not be found in the FMS of a real CRJ for EDDL. All RNP procedures are filtered out of the nav database in the actual aircraft.

There is a very limited subset of RNP procedures that a CRJ can qualify for - it is an extra cost option and only applies to approaches that have no course changes or turns.

A CRJ can do a basic RF turn (radius to fix) - but not if it part of a certified RNP procedure.

• Deputy Sheriffs

To add, as noted in other threads, while "All RNP procedures are filtered out of the nav database in the actual aircraft," this can't be done with either Navigraph or NavData Pro. There's no sort in the sim-available nav data to allow this.

Archived