COM 1 & 2 stuck on Rx on vPilot since 1.0.5.0

BobbyFuzzy

Hey all,

Since the latest update 1.0.5.0, it seems that now both COM frequencies are stuck on Rx on vPilot. Tx is still working on COM1 but can no longer be switched to COM2 either. Both of these worked as expected on the previous version.

Please login to display this image.

I can't even turn them off with SimVars (>K:COM1_RECEIVE_SELECT), (>K:COM2_RECEIVE_SELECT) or dot commands in vPilot...

Works fine in the FBW Neo

This works fine ... in the release notes for the CRJ 1.0.5 they noted that they have reversed the Knobs as per the report from CRJ pilots that PULLED OUT is OFF and PUSHED in is ON

Now that Said .... In my Radio panel and Script Panel I now need to completely reverse all of my 0 and 1 to make the back end simconnect work again...

Really the "animations" should have been reversed but here it seems like the LVARS are now also backwards...

When VHF1 is "Down" it is not a 1 in the LVAR it is a 0......

Wait .... Now I see the MSFS:COM1 Volume and MSFS:COM2 Volume Variables are reversed.... So when the CRJ is setting the Receive side sim var it does not update the Com Volume Var in the same direction....

This "fix" should be reverted and it's the "animation" that needs to be swapped ....  ie ON states are Down and OFF States are UP according to the posts that got this implemented...

@Mathijs Kok  Please look at this I wonder if this is also impacting those that are not able to hear ATC Voices....  If the Listen is "ON" in the CRJ it is Turning off the MSFS:COM1 VOLUME now....  And if you Turn the CRJ Listen to "OFF" it will set the volume to 250 ....  

This "update" that reversed the order for the buttons (as per CRJ pilots saying the position was backwards from the real world) is causing the Sim Variables to not be in sync or reversed still...  If there is anything you would like from me -- ie additional information or video with more detail let me know... 

On 6/8/2021 at 5:44 PM, LesOReilly said:

Only COM 1

Both COM 1 and COM 2

Hi Les,

I have tried what replicating what you posted, but my RX never goes off and I can't switch between the two. Are you doing something behind the scenes with Spad?

1 minute ago, daan_vb said:

Hi Les,

I have tried what replicating what you posted, but my RX never goes off and I can't switch between the two. Are you doing something behind the scenes with Spad?

I have not been able to get the SIM to Stop RXing on COM 1 ...  (also to transmit on 2 yes I have to send a command via spad.next to to the sim as the Transmit Knob of the CRJ is no linked to that simconnect value...as I have posted in the past..)

However if you push in VHF 1 and then Pull out VHF 2 you will see vPilot disable the RX Rec of COM 2....

So for now best you will get is to at least listen on Both but only TX from Com 1....

3 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

I have not been able to get the SIM to Stop RXing on COM 1 ...  (also to transmit on 2 yes I have to send a command via spad.next to to the sim as the Transmit Knob of the CRJ is no linked to that simconnect value...as I have posted in the past..)

However if you push in VHF 1 and then Pull out VHF 2 you will see vPilot disable the RX Rec of COM 2....

So for now best you will get is to at least listen on Both but only TX from Com 1....

Hmm, I am not able to disable RX on COM2 at all...via simvar or via the mouse in the aircraft. Seems like i'm not the only one so wondering what you are different to get it to work...rotating the knob doesn't alter the volume either

Please login to view this video.

43 minutes ago, daan_vb said:

Hmm, I am not able to disable RX on COM2 at all...via simvar or via the mouse in the aircraft. Seems like i'm not the only one so wondering what you are different to get it to work...rotating the knob doesn't alter the volume either

Spad next turned off ...  Just using the VHF buttons

@LesOReilly I can live with Rx only on COM2, that’s how it has been since release (prior to 1.0.3) but what confuses me is that before the latest update is that both radios worked as expected independently of each other. 

6 hours ago, BobbyFuzzy said:

@LesOReilly I can live with Rx only on COM2, that’s how it has been since release (prior to 1.0.3) but what confuses me is that before the latest update is that both radios worked as expected independently of each other. 

Before 1.0.3 you just had to bind extra events (I did this with my radio panel) So that you also changed sim connect under the hood for the transmitter....

The other way to switch to COM 2 as a transmit before was to turn on Both Rec in the cockpit and then you would Turn off Com 1 listen...  That would have had the Sim Auto Switch the Transmit to number 2.  If you then turned on COM1 it would still be transmitting in vPilot on Com2 and listening on Both.... (Note previously it was Pop out for ON... IN for Off which is where this came from .. In another thread some CRJ pilots pointed out that the Listen Button/Volume was backwards...Down is On/Listening and it looks like they changed more than just the "animation") 

Now it seems like with how they flipped the Data underneath ... the LVAR for UP is still a 1 and down is a zero ...  They change the Simconnect values  for com receive to also now follow the UP and down in that  order.. but as I stated some of the other Variables like MSFS:COM1 VOLUME are now reversed and when the CRJ and vPilot are set to receive those are set to 0.... when the CRJ is set to  Mute and vPilot shows not connected... the COM Volume is now at 250...

Also I can no longer force some of the sim connect variables ... Same with the Transponder States... now that they added that to control Mode C it keeps it locked down... So I cant trick  it with scripts... and thus only Transponder 1 will work now...  But that is a separate thread to start up again...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, it's something that we have noted and will look into in due time. I can recreate it as well so that I have COM1 and COM2 receive on constantly with TX remaining on COM1 no matter the knob positions. Checked this also from the sim vars which return 1s on COM RECEIVE:1 & COM RECEIVE:2 constantly.

Archived