CRJ700 wont taxi/move unless N1 is about 80%

Hello fellow simmers.

As you probably gauged from the title, I'm having a bit of an issue when it comes to taxiing the aircraft.

To begin, I'll just say I've watched multiple tutorials in regards to setting the payload of the aircraft to ensure that it is within the performance envelope, not overweight, and well balanced. I use LBS as opposed to KGs and also do my simbrief flight planning under the same LBS structure. Also, I do not use/modify the MSFS weight and balance found in the main start menu.

All that said, after going through all my start up flows/programming and it is time to taxi out, I find that my CRJ700 will not budge after engine start with the throttles above idle. In fact I have to move N1 up to about 80% just to get rolling to which the plane then practically accelerates and becomes hard to slow down. Once it does slow and I move the throttle quadrant just above idle, i hear the engines spool and see the gauges on the PFD respond but the plane just sits there.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Did you remember to remove your chocks? I've made that mistake a few times when trying to pushback -- the plane will move very slowly and then once I remember to remove them it immediately starts going at the correct speed.

22 minutes ago, Aplato said:

Did you remember to remove your chocks? I've made that mistake a few times when trying to pushback -- the plane will move very slowly and then once I remember to remove them it immediately starts going at the correct speed.

Chocks are removed, parking brake released. 

I’ve followed multiple “start up/taxi/takeoff tutorials” and actually manage to get to level flight fine. It’s simply moving on the ground, at any airport, where my throttle has to be almost near “climb” mode before I can simply start rolling any where which makes moving/taxiing a pain. 

This sounds like a throttle axis bind issue.  You should double check that your throttles have been correctly programmed and that you use the EFB throttle calibration.  My throttles always work as advertised, you need to go approximately 40% to get moving then drop the throttles back to just above idle and the aircraft should taxi at low speed.

3 minutes ago, RF pilot said:

This sounds like a throttle axis bind issue.  You should double check that your throttles have been correctly programmed and that you use the EFB throttle calibration.  My throttles always work as advertised, you need to go approximately 40% to get moving then drop the throttles back to just above idle and the aircraft should taxi at low speed.

I don’t have a independent throttle quadrant to calibrate just yet. Unfortunately I’m still using the keyboard feature to adjust the throttle, nonetheless I’ll look into that.

25 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And are you on 1.0.5?

If that’s the update that became available late last month then yes, I uploaded it yesterday and observed the modifications to the throttle behavior included in the update, however when it came time to taxi just above idle, no no movement whatsoever.

1 minute ago, aaron graham said:

If that’s the update that became available late last month then yes, I uploaded it yesterday and observed the modifications to the throttle behavior included in the update, however when it came time to taxi just above idle, no no movement whatsoever.

I'm not sure if it addresses your issue, but 1.0.5 was just made available today.

Yes I’m on 1.0.5.

To change it up I’ve started from various aircraft states (ie “cold and dark”, “turn around”, “ready to taxi” etc) and the problem persist in all startup states.

Seems I found what the issue was.

I went through my brake assignments and saw that I had left/right increment pressure brakes assigned to my pedals in addition to the left/right brake axis.

I deleted the left/right pressure break assignments and that completely fixed it.

Please consider this thread solved. Thanks guys.

Archived