No ATC Voices After 1.05 Update

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

When the CRJ is not loaded there is simply no way it could influence other aircraft. The way MSFS handles add-ons makes that impossible.

please trust us, i am a software engineer , i know something may sounds impossible but it did happen, is a screen record would be helpful for you to locate this problem thought i doubt about it

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi guys,

I did some investigation. I can only recreate the described problem if I have VHF1 knob pulled out on both audio control panels. If I have the VHF1 receive knob pushed in on at least one Audio Control Panels I can definitely hear MSFS in game ATC with no issues.

If you are sure that you have the VHF1 receive button pushed in on at least one of the Audio Control Panel units it would be great if you could record a short video for us to check what exactly is happening and see the exact position of the switches so that we can try to recreate and see if there is something further into this that we are missing. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I've also recently bough the CRJ through the Marketplace. Managed to work out the ATC issue on the CRJ, but struggling with other aircraft on getting the ATC to work correctly. 

• Aerosoft
49 minutes ago, George007 said:

I've also recently bough the CRJ through the Marketplace. Managed to work out the ATC issue on the CRJ, but struggling with other aircraft on getting the ATC to work correctly. 

And you understand that the radio panel could be the cause for that?

I purchased the CRJ 500/700 a few days ago from Sim Market it installed version 1.03.

I could hear ATC on this aircraft and all other stock aircraft.

I then updated the CRJ to ver 1.05 and lost all ATC sound on all stock aircraft.

I can hear ATC on the CRJ if I pull out the VHF1 button.

BUT, to restore sound on any other aircraft I have to remove the aerosoft-crj folder from the community folder and then restart MSFS.

Regards

Roy 

I did a little more testing and can confirm that I do not need to remove the aerosoft-crj folder from the community folder to restore ATC to stock aircraft.

But, I have to restart MSFS once the CRJ 500/700 has been loaded.

ATC sound is available on the CRJ if the VHF 1 button is pulled out.

It isn't to much of a problem, it just means a restart of MSFS if CRJ has been loaded.

This problem only crept in with Ver 1.05.

Got ATC working OK now. It was as simple as turning radio volume up on all stock aircraft.

Not as easy as it looks on some aircraft because the knob doesn't move!.

2 hours ago, Moridin said:

Same problem. Just found this thread. Will reload Cold & Dark and test.

I can confirm that pulling VHF1 out fixes the audio issue. Restart needed to get ATC in other aircraft, e.g. Just Flight Piper.

If you pull aout the COM 1 botten you hear the voice in the CRJ. So this button is wrong programmed: pulling out should stop the sound, pushing should activate it.

For the first look: no problem, just do it the other way.....

BUT the bad thing is that this issue takes affects all the other planes in the sim!  You just hear your one voice, but no sound from the controllers. This is really mean. And It took me a long time to get rid of this issue.

To solve it,  load an aircraft with "hard" COM 1 and COM 2 buttens. I usually take the Cessna 208 Grand Caravan. On a big airport you tune to ATIS to get a long chatter. Then you activate COM 2 (plus  it's MIC butten).

And you select on the ATC display the COM 2 section. Then you have back the sound of the ATIS (hurra!!!!).  But now do not forget to restart MSFS 2020 to get the reward of your work.  

Wehen you restart MSFS on any aircraft COM 1 will be selected and working.

Dear Mr. Kok, wouldn't it be time now to make a tiny little update to get rid of this issue? What do people who did not discover my trick? Some did reinstall the whole sim!

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, ebiror said:

Dear Mr. Kok, wouldn't it be time now to make a tiny little update to get rid of this issue? What do people who did not discover my trick? Some did reinstall the whole sim!

If things were only that easy.  We are still trying to understand why the sim refuses to set some parameters correctly when an aircraft loads. 

Yep, I'm having the same problem for a couple of weeks now. Asobo must have changed something in one of the recent updates because I have ATC muted in the CRJ and also in FBW A32NX. In the CRJ I must always pull out the VHF1 button and in A32NX I must rotate the VHF1 knob to the right as the volume is always on zero when loading the aircraft.

Still persists here as well.  I just started using the CRJ last night.  That all worked fine.  Next flight in the Citation no ATC from controllers at all (or ATIS).  Volume knobs did nothing.  Uninstalled the 2 crj folder in state and cache and all back to working normally.  Hope you find a fix.  Kind of a pain dragging folders around to use aircraft.  thanks

On 11.7.2021 at 20:30, Mathijs Kok sagte:

If things were only that easy.  We are still trying to understand why the sim refuses to set some parameters correctly when an aircraft loads. 

Dear Mr. Kok, thanks for your answer, sorry I'm bit late with my response (hollydays).

I am shure there must be a solution. As the COM 1 issue came only with the last update. And the fact that voice is only audible when you switch COM 1 to off does not seem to be a problem of MSFS....

For me the issue is not a problem, as I know the way to fix it for other aircrafts.  I only wanted to help other users. The CRJ is my favorite aircraft. For me it is perfect and it is much better than the P3D version was. The graphics and performance are incredibly good.

Sincerly, Ebi Rordorf

Archived