PFPX Route Database Map lines are not showing (airways, route,..)

Hello, I just bought PFPX today from the great reviews I read about it, however on my first run today I noticed that the world map from the route database is completely different from what I have seen. 

Please login to display this image.

Is there any chance I can fix this ? 

Also, regarding the routing and IFPS validation, from what I understand EUROCONTROL Killed the feature that made PFPX able to validate the route according to the current AIRAC so we paste the ATC flightplan to EUROCONTROL portal in free text. However, the routes are still not IFPS valid regardless. I have bought PFPX solely for the purpose of generating and preserving my own list of routes while maintaining them (ie. route database) and I was really excited that I bought it (especially with it's hefty price tag) so is there a change this gets fixed too ?

Thank you everyone,

Riad.

Hello Riad,

Just what is the map issue to which you refer ?

I would suggest installing David's RAD Restrictions and Directs update to match the AIRAC cycle posted in the forum downloads. PFPX will use the RAD filters to try and generate a route based on those filters, however even commercial planners with a significantly higher price tag can require manual intervention by dispatchers to pass IFPS validation.

So yes, following a learning curve it is certainly possible to build schedules and maintain routes with relative ease.

Hello Stephen, 

Thank you very much for your reply. I know, PFPX is far more complex and I love it and how much more complex my flight planning is -which matches how real world dispatchers do it to some extent- 

You see, the route should be like this

However in the Route Database it is like this

No lines for the airways, the route, the boundaries, etc... 

Is there any fix for it ?

Thank you,

Riad

Indeed not only should the selected route be displayed but as you have the high altitude airway option activated these should display also.

The 2105 AIRAC cycle was installed with PFPX closed ?

What graphics card is in use and are drivers up to date.

I would also suggest installing the latest 2015-2019 vcredist available from Microsoft, if a 64bit OS install both x86 and x64 files.

Yes, I installed it using the Navigraph FMS Manager while PFPX was closed.

I am using the AMD Radeon 555 Pro as my Graphics card.

I installed both packages as I have a 64-bit OS and rebooted my pc but nothing changed. I did submit a support ticket but they didn't respond so far.

A user posted a similar issue which he resolved and rather than been helpful to others did not post the resolution.

It looks to be the same issue and a change in graphics settings resolved it for him.

The topic is posted HERE

I was finally able to fix it by going into my graphics card settings panel, create a profile for PFPX that points to the original PFPX.exe file and simply change the Display Scaling to Preserve aspect ratio and that was it, that did the trick.

Thank you Stephen, looking forward to messing around with PFPX 

2 minutes ago, srcooke said:

A user posted a similar issue which he resolved and rather than been helpful to others did not post the resolution.

It looks to be the same issue and a change in graphics settings resolved it for him.

The topic is posted HERE

Yeah exactly, he didn't mention what he did but I think what I did is fairly close 

Archived