Transponder number 2 doesn't work

Nicco54

I just noticed that ATC will not get a radar contact if you use transponder number 2.
I had to switch to number 1 for it to work.

3 hours ago, Nicco54 said:

I just noticed that ATC will not get a radar contact if you use transponder number 2.
I had to switch to number 1 for it to work.

Which ATC?  I found that when you change the Active TXPDR unit

Please login to display this image.

that it actually copies the Code from the 2nd RTU and puts it into the Simconnect Var for TXPDR 1 ... When you switch back to TXPDR 1 on ATC SEL it changes it back again to What is in the RTU 1 for a code....

1 minute ago, LesOReilly said:

Which ATC?  I found that when you change the Active TXPDR unit

that it actually copies the Code from the 2nd RTU and puts it into the Simconnect Var for TXPDR 1 ... When you switch back to TXPDR 1 on ATC SEL it changes it back again to What is in the RTU 1 for a code....

I had the correct transponder code set in both number 1 and number 2 but seeing as I fly on the F/O side I had the transponder switch set to ATC 2, yet air traffic control asked me to check my transponder. I switch to number 1 and it worked.

Just now, Nicco54 said:

I had the correct transponder code set in both number 1 and number 2 but seeing as I fly on the F/O side I had the transponder switch set to ATC 2, yet air traffic control asked me to check my transponder. I switch to number 1 and it worked.

Which ATC?  VATSIM via vPilot?  Was it the code or the Mode C they were having the issue with?...  I Have had to build scripts that track the LVARs of the CRJ to update the Sim Vars that Vatsim/vPilot uses...  However the one that seemed to work automatically for me was how it was not actually using the MSFS Transponder Code : 2 but rather would copy that value into MSFS Transponder Code : 1 .....

11 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

Which ATC?  VATSIM via vPilot?  Was it the code or the Mode C they were having the issue with?...  I Have had to build scripts that track the LVARs of the CRJ to update the Sim Vars that Vatsim/vPilot uses...  However the one that seemed to work automatically for me was how it was not actually using the MSFS Transponder Code : 2 but rather would copy that value into MSFS Transponder Code : 1 .....

Neither, default MSFS ATC

On 6/3/2021 at 11:32 AM, Nicco54 said:

Neither, default MSFS ATC

So I ran the Data Monitor with all of the sim Variables with regards to Transponder to see what it is doing... (v1.0.5 MSFS Store Edition - I fell like we need to have this as part of our Bio now due the different bugs vs Store editions hahah)

When you enable TXPDR 2 via the ATC SEL Menu it puts MSFS:Transponder State:1 into Standby (value = 1) it never changes MSFS:Transponder State:2 (Value =1 so in Standby)...  In Addition to that the CRJ does put the TXPDR 2 CODE into the Sim Var for TXPDR 1's Code....  But as you can tell both are now still in standby...

So it is like 2 things here :) ... One is that they are not using the Sim Vars for TXPDR 2 at all..... Then when they are "turning on 2" and coping the Code into Channel 1 Variable but they are not setting the Transponder State of 1 to be in Reporting....

Archived