Hi.  I have some issue regarding the whole sim to freeze when I try to input some arrival airport ILS runway on the CRJ.   An example route is LSZH-LFSB. When I tried choosing in the ARR ILS33Z sim just freeze.  Had to CTRL+ALT+DEL and restart sim.  CRJ V1.0.4.0 with Navigraph Airac 2105 professional installed.  Thanks.

I think my problem is similar

I tried to insert a route (SEGU -> SEQM)
After inserting the approache (RNAV Z Rwy 26 / Trans PAMIS) the ND shows the following

Please login to display this image.

Then I tried to inserting the sid (Rwy 21 BIVAN2) the ND shows the following and the FS 2020 hanged

32 minutes ago, wokadoka said:

I think my problem is similar

I tried to insert a route (SEGU -> SEQM)
After inserting the approache (RNAV Z Rwy 26 / Trans PAMIS) the ND shows the following

Then I tried to inserting the sid (Rwy 21 BIVAN2) the ND shows the following and the FS 2020 hanged

That is an RNP approach... The CRJ does not fly RNP approaches and it looks like it can cause issues based on other threads still in v1.0.4

My question now is this... Is the updated Navigraph Professional for CRJ better in terms of not making the sim lock or freeze or work with the outdated default CRJ navdata?

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, Jan Gonzales said:

My question now is this... Is the updated Navigraph Professional for CRJ better in terms of not making the sim lock or freeze or work with the outdated default CRJ navdata?

There is no reason to assume the database will have any influence. But for sure use version 1.0.5.

8 hours ago, Jan Gonzales said:

No matter which database you use, trying to load an RNP approach is likely to cause problems. Neither the real nor simulated CRJ is compatible with an RNP approach. In the real aircraft no RNP approaches are contained the database. At present, there is no easy way to filter them out of the database in the sim.

14 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

No matter which database you use, trying to load an RNP approach is likely to cause problems. Neither the real nor simulated CRJ is compatible with an RNP approach. In the real aircraft no RNP approaches are contained the database. At present, there is no easy way to filter them out of the database in the sim.

I was flying ILS.

Last night I had a strange issue for the first time with FMS, I was departing PAJN to PANC, I inserted my route includes the ASORT 2 DEPARTURE RWY08 from PAJN, after finishing the route I tried -which is wrong I know- to replace first leg at the LEGs page from  the vectors instructions to the CGL NDB point which is the second point of the route but the SIM froze, I restarted the flight and insert the route without changing the first leg but the SIM froze too........I started again but from turnaround stat instead of the usual C&D then the flight went OK. Later trying to change flight level to FL340 instead of the selected FL300 while in CLMB mode, for a minute or two looks like I had 1 frame per second or something, then all went normal.......I might be wrong but this could be related to multiple press of the EXCE key??

When I pressed CLR-ALT-DEL the time the SIM froze, I realized that the CPU use was 97% !! instead of the usual bellow 25% I have no idea if it's related to the subject but I thought to report this.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a similar issue, unrelated to RNP approaches.

Specifically, when modifying the flight plan in the FMS during a few different flights, the CDU freezes the sim. LIke the picture above, as soon as the CDU change is made, the CPU goes to 75% and hangs there and the sim hangs as well.

It has happened with different types of changes: Once during a direct-to, another time changing an altitude restriction on a STAR. The common thread is that some kind of flight plan recalculation was required and the sim either hangs completely or stutters for 15-20 seconds before seeming to recover itself.

Not sure what is involved in these recalculations, and it is definitely not every time, but this has suddenly become a regular occurence in my flights.

• 1 month later...

I can reproduce the freeze consistently.

Sitting on ramp at KBOS, programming the FMS.  It seems that the CPU usage spikes when adding legs until you hit EXEC, then it runs smooth again.  I was trying this method to hopefully avoid the freeze, but it still froze at the same point.  

Here's my flow for what it's worth:

I let the IRS align

Set position

Added basic flight plan info (KBOS -> CYDF (Alt CYQX) cruise 41000, alt cruise 38000

Added ARR/DEP info:  Departing RWY32, no SID.  Arriving RNAV Y RW25 Transition PELDI

--Issue began as I was adding legs, it got worse the more I added--

Added LEGS:  HYLND, BLENO, BEEKN (freeze/lag became noticeable here - hitting EXEC after each leg brings sim back from laggy state), removed some discontinuitiesENE, AJJAY (lagging getting worse) ALLEX, SILRO (lag very noticeable and mouse clicks have to be made deliberately or they don't get registered, again hitting EXEC resolves issue) tried to add YJT and sim froze.  My CPU usage is at 100%.

I can reproduce this consistently.

FWIW, I hope this helps get to the bottom of the issue.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 6/4/2021 at 11:18 PM, Jan Gonzales said:

I was flying ILS.

Which one exactly, including transition. If you try to use a Radius to Fix (RF) leg, the sim will bomb. While any approach with "RNP" in the title is an automatic no-go as JRBarrett and Les note, a non-RNP with an RF leg will give the same result.

Archived