Airport chart updates?

Will C

Hi all, 

I saw the recent thread about enroute charts but I just noticed something with airport charts. The airport in question is Seoul/Incheon (RSKI), the approach is "ILS or LOC 33R." I looked at the same approach charts from Aerosoft and Navigraph tonight, side by side.

The Navigraph (Jeppesen) chart clearly shows an AIRAC cycle of 21-5, and the date of the chart is 5 Feb 21. Under changes, it says "communications."

The Aerosoft NavDataPro (Lido) chart is older, with a date of 8 Oct 2020. Under changes, it says "completely revised."

I'm a new customer here, and I'm curious, not complaining: does the Lido source data lag Jeppesen source data? Or does Aerosoft lag Navigraph when it comes to updates? Or does Jeppesen issue proprietary updates independent of AIRAC revisions? Or one final thought is that the AIRAC format includes dozens of fields, some of which may be irrelevant to certain operators, so the 21-5 cycle may be different than the 20-8 cycle in a way that triggers an update for Jeppesen but not for Lido. 

That's all I can think of. Can anyone else shed light on why Navigraph has a more recent RSKI ILS 33R chart than Aerosoft?

(If this post belongs in a different forum, please feel free to move it if you are a moderator, or else tell me where to repost. Thanks.) 

Archived