Heading bug PFD info.

Mugz

Hello.

1. If i'm increase/decrease HEADING via knob on AP panel (mouse scroll), i have information on PFD with Heading degree and line.

Please login to display this image.

2. If i'm increase through sim command (key mapping/joystic), i have changes for heading, but no line and HDG information on PFD. Only small figure is moving.

Please login to display this image.

Is any chance to fix this?

1 hour ago, Mugz said:

Hello.

1. If i'm increase/decrease HEADING via knob on AP panel (mouse scroll), i have information on PFD with Heading degree and line.

2. If i'm increase through sim command (key mapping/joystic), i have changes for heading, but no line and HDG information on PFD. Only small figure is moving.

Is any chance to fix this?

You need to Align the PFDs first.

1 hour ago, LesOReilly said:

No that's not the issue. I have the exact same behaviour in flight. (in fact I think I've mentioned it in a post before). Using the HDG knob will show the heading value on the PFD and will show the dashed heading line but when I use my custom key binds to change the heading that doesn't happen. This means I have no way of knowing what I've set the new heading to (aside from trying to discern the heading from looking at the bug on the compass rose but that doesn't help when I want to set it to an exact heading).

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed it because it's actually quite annoying but I figured it's probably pretty low on the priority list.

I feel the same way. The work around for me is i click the hdg knob just a tad, then i use the bind on my yoke. I know they need to prioritize,  so not expecting a fix anytime soon.

7 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

I especially turn ON aircraft without alignment to show issue. If aircraft aligned state - issue is same. It has nothing to do with it

• Deputy Sheriffs

The default HDG increase/decrease commands are not compatible with the CRJ since CRJ uses custom variables for that. They might be able to perform some actions like in this case move the HDG bug itself etc but we recommend not to use these commands with the CRJ because of the various issues they can cause. Another issue for example is that during flight the aircraft will start turning toward this heading even though you are not in HDG mode. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do ourselves about this other than recommend people not to use the sim HDG increase/decrease assignments.

Archived