CRJ9 Pro Speed Mode Unstable During Climb

Hello,

I read the Vol3-Tutorial.pdf that came with the CRJ Pro installation for P3Dv5.1, and I am seeing an issue with the SPD mode during CLB. I have AP on, together with AP ENG, SPEED and NAV modes. My throttle is set to CLB. As I am climbing, I notice that the plane seems to be slightly rocking back and forth. Not enough to change the vertical speed reading, but enough to be visible and cause motion sickness, as if on a ship in waves.

I can definitely just use manual VS mode during the whole climb as a solution, but the tutorial seemed to recommend SPD mode, and I would also prefer to use it. Is it possible I set something wrong through weights? I set the fuel and weight in the EFB, and selected the Set Payload in Simulator, and Copy Performance INIT DATA to FMS options. Flightplan imported through SimBrief.

Thanks for your time!

Turned off the three ANTI-ICE options, as well as the APU DOOR, and the SPD mode now seems to be working smoothly. No wonder I was losing so much speed during the climb, lol.

Archived