[FSXA] Malaga X missing 3D objects

HansW

Today I had a look in my installation of Aerosoft's Malaga X v1.04 which I purchased/downloaded on 6.1.2019 and installed later on in that year on my PC with FSX Acceleration 10.0.61637.0 (FSX-Xpack.20070926-1421).

I also visited my "Sofortdownloads" in the Aerosoft Shop and found that v1.04 is still valid.

I used 'MissingLibraryAlert=1' in the [SCENERY] section of the fsx.cfg file and get a lot of missing objects errors (28!).

What does this mean? A missing library?

Appreciate any help.

Hans

Please login to display this image.

• HansW changed the title to [FSXA] Malaga X missing 3D objects
  • 2 weeks later...

After further investigations it shows up that all 28 missing 3D objects are placed in one file 'LEMG_SIMWINGSLIB_PLACEMENT.BGL'. If I deactivate that file there are no more errors!

Does that mean I have lost a standard library in FSX Acceleration or is there a library missing from the installation of Malaga X?

So, if there exists one more user on earth that bought and installed Malaga X into FSX can tell if these errors appear or not if you put that one line (see above) in the fsx.cfg under section [Scenery]  I would be more then glad.

Hans

• Developer

There must be a "SIMWINGS_LIB" Folder  beside the MALAGA_AIRPORT and MALAGA_TERRAIN Folder and all three must be registered and active in the scenery.cfg (Scenery Library) in order AIRPORT top, Terrain below and on the lowest Level the Lib.

If they are not there, deinstall the addon and install it with on the last orginal installer.

Dear Oliver,

thank you so much for that information and yes as most of the time it is the one sitting in front of the screen who is the source of errors. Shame on me!

I now had a look at the scenery.cfg right after installation of Malaga X (and Menorca Evo) and there is the entry to SIMWINGS_LIB written.

When I now rebuild a scenery.cfg to see Malaga X, I just forgot to include SIMWINGS_LIB because it was listed behind Menorca Evo and not Malaga.

Problem solved! Thanks!

Regards

Hans

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived