No Throttle before Climb Gate

CH4PZ

Had this issue since 1.0.3.0, but is still present in 1.0.4.0 hotfix, and i find it surprising there's not more people reporting it, as its essentially game breaking?! So there's no throttle before the climb gate (the lever moves, just engines stay idle), then all of a sudden goes to climb thrust, you can get in the air (obviously using climb thrust) but as soon as you hit cruise you cant back off without engines going to idle. Seen another post that seemed more related to controllers, suggesting to delete some files but couldn't find that folder as I'm using steam (diff directory maybe?) 

Sincerely I never reportes since I never suffered of such issue.

Definitely, you should try to force the sim to recreante the m-files of the CRJ by deleting them, it could help.

Furthermore, are you sure no other axis/buttons than what you are using are assigned to the throttles?

37 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

There are no m files anymore, but most likely this is just a double assignment of an axis. 

But the lever moves correctly all the way through, its just the engine that doesnt respond (until getting to the climb gate, or as soon as i go beneath the climb gate)?! if it were mis-assigned then it wouldnt work in climb/toga, also im sure it would cause issues with other planes which it doesnt, just the CRJ. 

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Both facts do not have to indicate a lot. 

I am still pretty sure that if you delete ALL assignments an add them one by one the issue will be solved, we saw dozens of similar issues solved by that.

i just did, no difference

the only throttle assignments i have is throttle 1, 2, 3, 4 increase and decrease, and a button on my stick for reverse. even removed the keyboard bindings to be sure

might be something to do with throttle calibration though, as after reseting it to default, wont even power up at climb gate anymore (but now the N2 spools up, with N1 staying idle). probably something to do with the fact i control throttle on my new Virpil stick with a scroll wheel, which sees it as 2 buttons, as opposed to an axis (so wont re-calibrate in EFB). Doesnt seems to bother any of other planes, but they were probably designed to support both, not just axis only. Given its payware, would be nice if it did 

• Aerosoft

Hello CH4PZ,

Do you confirm the only throttle control you have is with the Virpil with the encoder wheel (two inputs) ?
Can you let me know to what functions these two inputs are bound in MSFS ?

Also you say "the only throttle assignments i have is throttle 1, 2, 3, 4 increase and decrease

----- > Do you mean all the 4 throttles are bound to a wheel ?

Thank you.

This is the same issue as people with Keyboards and Gamepads...  The Throttle is not bound to an AXIS....  It is bound to buttons and events and those don't work....

Hi, I have this very same issue. I have a logitech extreme 3d pro with a throttle axis which I can't use in certain flight stages due to lack of left hand movements due to a rare disease and that's why I have assigned top buttons to do the job and they do just fine  with other aircraft such as WT CJ4 but between idle and climb detents the lever moves but I get no N1 along with it until I reach climb detent (annoying taxi, approach and so on...) I did not have this issue before latest update which I was praying for a working ILS along with 'ínvisible speedbrake' that causes crazy trimming to stall but none of the solutions came. All I got from latest update is the choice to never fly this plane again until next update but I really would like somer sort of workaround to deal with this meanwhile.. I repeat, All other planes are just fine with my settings.

Thank you and happy flying!

• Aerosoft
17 minutes ago, tjsasakifln said:

All other planes are just fine with my settings.

Yes, but you have no other aircraft build with C++ coding and WASM delivery and we feel that might be the issue. 

However, we had three more customers who solved their issue by removing all assignments and solved the issue that way. Two others use trigger based throttle (officially not supported but we do try) who we are still assisting. 

Would you be so kind to confirm that if you delete ALL controllers, all assignments, all axis and just add the throttle axis (nothing else!) it still does not work? In that case we need to escalate this to Asobo as it indicates the throttle axis of your stick is simply not read correctly via WASM.

I spent plenty of time this weekend trying to solve this and assigning the lever as throttle seemed to work even though it was not necessary before latest update and even working that makes my flying experience far less pleasant than it could. Still, this is just one thing: I still need to see that crazy trimming thing solved along with nonsense diving during ILS procedures. Will keep this bird safely parked until further notice.

• Aerosoft
2 minutes ago, tjsasakifln said:

I spent plenty of time this weekend trying to solve this and assigning the lever as throttle seemed to work even though it was not necessary before latest update and even working that makes my flying experience far less pleasant than it could. Still, this is just one thing: I still need to see that crazy trimming thing solved along with nonsense diving during ILS procedures. Will keep this bird safely parked until further notice.

Okay sir then we will close your ticket. If you believe that what worked before a simupdate  HAS to work after a simupdate, I am not sure we could ever match your expectations. 

3 hours ago, SimWare said:

Hello CH4PZ,

Do you confirm the only throttle control you have is with the Virpil with the encoder wheel (two inputs) ?
Can you let me know to what functions these two inputs are bound in MSFS ?

Also you say "the only throttle assignments i have is throttle 1, 2, 3, 4 increase and decrease

----- > Do you mean all the 4 throttles are bound to a wheel ?

Thank you.

Yes, its the Alpha grip, which has a mouse wheel (scroll up is input 23 and scroll down is input 24) and in the Virpil software i had it set as encoder scroll, but also tried encoder dial, and the 2 buffered ones. In the controls page, I have throttle 1 increase 23 throttle 1 decrease 24, then throttle 2 increase 23 throttle 2 decrease 24, etc. i did have all 4 assigned, but with these issues, tried just 1, and changed efb throttle setting to single axis, but no luck. I didnt know throttle axis was a requirement, and these issues started after the new stick, so must have had my old throttle calibration to make it semi work at climb gate, but now i cant use the scroll wheel to re-calibrate, so im completely unable to use this plane!! was one of my favs too :(

48 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, but you have no other aircraft build with C++ coding and WASM delivery and we feel that might be the issue. 

However, we had three more customers who solved their issue by removing all assignments and solved the issue that way. Two others use trigger based throttle (officially not supported but we do try) who we are still assisting. 

Would you be so kind to confirm that if you delete ALL controllers, all assignments, all axis and just add the throttle axis (nothing else!) it still does not work? In that case we need to escalate this to Asobo as it indicates the throttle axis of your stick is simply not read correctly via WASM.

The person you were talking to above was not me, im the original poster, regardless, i did reassign these values, no change (see last post). its because i cant calibrate a button based throttle

Mapping increase/decrease throttle to buttons on controller/joystick/keyboard worked perfectly prior to the 1.0.3.0 update and is basic functionality. So something in the CRJ update (not sim update) changed the throttle behavior. The throttle moves correctly on the screen, but engine power does not change accordingly. After the 1.0.4.0 hotfix, I cannot move the throttle manually with my mouse between Idle and Climb positions as a workaround (it jumps to either Idle or Climb). I don't think most users would consider this to be normal or expected behavior.

Users are not asking for a new feature, but just want the throttle functionality restored to what is was like before last week's CRJ update. Judging from the number of posts on this and other forums, it appears a good portion of your user base is NOT using a controller with throttle channel to fly the CRJ and is experiencing the issue described above.

Please acknowledge this is a bug and provide an indication that the team is working on a fix. Stop blaming users or telling them they are using the product incorrectly. Maybe keep topics open longer to gauge impact on the community and learn more about issues.

Thanks.

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, MM100 said:

Mapping increase/decrease throttle to buttons on controller/joystick/keyboard worked perfectly prior to the 1.0.3.0 update and is basic functionality. So something in the CRJ update (not sim update) changed the throttle behavior. The throttle moves correctly on the screen, but engine power does not change accordingly. After the 1.0.4.0 hotfix, I cannot move the throttle manually with my mouse between Idle and Climb positions as a workaround (it jumps to either Idle or Climb). I don't think most users would consider this to be normal or expected behavior.

Users are not asking for a new feature, but just want the throttle functionality restored to what is was like before last week's CRJ update. Judging from the number of posts on this and other forums, it appears a good portion of your user base is NOT using a controller with throttle channel to fly the CRJ and is experiencing the issue described above.

Please acknowledge this is a bug and provide an indication that the team is working on a fix. Stop blaming users or telling them they are using the product incorrectly. Maybe keep topics open longer to gauge impact on the community and learn more about issues.

Thanks.

I already confirmed this is a known limitation and that we will look at it. 

BUT, the product requirements clearly state that a throttle channel is needed. 

Please login to display this image.

So we must certainly do not believe this is a bug.  The product was simply never designed to handle this. The fact it did in previous versions was something we did not expect and was never tested or supported. 

On 6/2/2021 at 7:59 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

I already confirmed this is a known limitation and that we will look at it. 

BUT, the product requirements clearly state that a throttle channel is needed. 

So we must certainly do not believe this is a bug.  The product was simply never designed to handle this. The fact it did in previous versions was something we did not expect and was never tested or supported. 

Hi Mathijs Kok, just wanted to say thank you for the fast response to this issue, thanks to the 1.0.5.0 patch, my throttle now works, i appreciate the fast response :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived