Bravo Throttle strange things happening with axis 1 and 4

ConfigTool is really terrific. Still have a lot to understand how it works with Alpha Yoke & Bravo Throttle Quadrant.

Followed instructions (youTube videos from MrJaraNet & SIMHANGERS) creating profiles for single & twin engine props AND for 2eng jets and have issues which are making me crazy.

In a 2eng jet config/profile (?) =>

Everything seems to work properly: throtlles 1 & 2 (axis 3 & 4 in BTQ) go forward and backward nicely

WHEN LANDING, WITH BOTH THROTTLES IN THEIR IDLE POSITION, USING REVERSERS WILL MAKE SPOILERS EXTEND (WHICH SEEMS OK)

BUT

MOVING SPOILER (axis 1 in BTQ) WILL MAKE THROTTLE 2 (axis 4 in BTQ) goes opposite EVERYTIME!!! 

MOVING SPOILER ALL WAY BACKWARDS WILL MAKE THROTTLE 2 GOES ALL THE WAY FORWARD, REVERSER 2 WORKS, THEN THROTTLE 2 COMES BACKWARD AND REVERSER 1 WORKS TOO

Is this it or there is something bad?

I had previously CH Throttle Quadrant and Saitek, unplugged them and it's not seem anymore in P3D4 but I have doubt if there are some residues which may be causing those things.

Tks

Eduardo,

so far, 99% of the time this turns out to be an actual double configuration. When you connect a new device, or sometimes a known device on a new USB location, Prepar3D will see it and give it "default" assignments. If, at the same time, you are using FSUIPC for this, you'll end up with confusing double assignments. A similar problem may happen on the button side, where a set of default bindings can conflict with either FSUIPC or the Honeycomb Configurator.

Cheers,

Bert Laverman

Hi, Bert.

Trouble are:

1) I had CH Quadrant & Saitek X52 and their software. Uninstalled CH Quadrant software (but couldn't find Saitek) and unplugged them from USBs => Not shown in P3D4 anymore

2) Didn't use FSUIPC at all either for axis assignments or calibration

3) have no clue if there are software leftovers embedded in my registry (and don't know how to deal with it if this is the case)

4) My FSUIPC6.ini below

5) Could you show me how to deal with this actual double configuration? it's really making me crazy and very frustrating to watch every Honeycomb videos with levers working smoothly while my levers have these actions!!!

6) Again, as a newbie, maybe another dumb question and sorry to give you so much trouble => Is there any difference between assigning and calibrating axis through P3D4 or FSUIPC? 

Tks 

FSUIPC6.ini

• Aerosoft
On 5.6.2021 at 11:17, Eduardo Passos sagte:

Hi, Bert.

Trouble are:

1) I had CH Quadrant & Saitek X52 and their software. Uninstalled CH Quadrant software (but couldn't find Saitek) and unplugged them from USBs => Not shown in P3D4 anymore

2) Didn't use FSUIPC at all either for axis assignments or calibration

3) have no clue if there are software leftovers embedded in my registry (and don't know how to deal with it if this is the case)

4) My FSUIPC6.ini below

5) Could you show me how to deal with this actual double configuration? it's really making me crazy and very frustrating to watch every Honeycomb videos with levers working smoothly while my levers have these actions!!!

6) Again, as a newbie, maybe another dumb question and sorry to give you so much trouble => Is there any difference between assigning and calibrating axis through P3D4 or FSUIPC? 

Tks 

FSUIPC6.ini 3 kB · 0 downloads

Hi Eduardo,

Before going further, you may want to simply check that your devices are well working and calibrated : 

Hi, SimWare

Tks for answering

Trouble was that even though I didn't assign/calibrate in FSUIPC its .ini showed Throttle 1->4. What I did was to delete this .ini and now I verified that moving SPOILERS (axis 1) doesn't affect THROTTLE 2 (axis 4) anymore unless moving SPOILERS below FLIGHT DETENT. In this case both REVERSERS work.

Using REVERSERS make SPOILERS goes all the way down which I think is normal (is it?)

Didn't test it flying yet but will do it soon ang give feedback

Archived