A bit frustrated by the update

Mugz

I installed the last update and was a little disappointed that small bugs were not fixed, but nevertheless significant and greatly reduce the pleasure of the flight.

List of bugs that I would very much like to see in the list of fixes:

1) Throttle Axis 0-100% command does not work
2) DM LT LH / RH Emissive texture is too bright and does not change brightness from knob.
3) ALT does not respond to physical bind. Only with the mouse.
4) The Light switch and many other elements cannot be configured on the bindings of the simulator
5) Incorrect switch logic is still relevant. Scroll the mouse wheel down, the switch works up / down. It is more logical to turn it down - switch to a minimum, up to a maximum, click min / max (this is for two-position switches)
6) There is still no logic for three-position ones. Click the top part - switch up, the bottom - down.
7) Periodically, some switches switch randomly when you rotate the camera by holding down the right mouse button.
😎 PA / CHIME / CALL / EMER buttons stopped turning on. They just click.
9) Terrain radar does not work
10) Weather radar does not work
11) Almost all animation is sharp (instant). No smoothness of switching
12) Payload does not work (values do not match in EFB and simulator).
13) Keybind "SET ALTIMITER" still works strangely. Resets the pressure value to the standard value, and the next press sets the real one. And so in a circle (it is always correct to set the current pressure value. To set the standard there is a bind "SET ALTIMETER TO MSL PRESSURE"
14) Cockpit is illuminated by an external light source (ground service vehicles for example). Seems like transparent
15) All displays are backlit at night (not completely black). It’s like they’re on.
16) There are no pilot models inside the plane and options to enable / disable.

I understand that the list of bugs will seem ridiculous to someone and not worth the attention of developers, especially considering that you are working hard on new projects, but nevertheless. I can fix some of these things myself, but you do not allow me to create modifications for your aircraft. I can correct and send you to include in the subsequent correction (I already wrote to you about this).

Waiting for your reply.
Cheers.

P.S. With great pleasure I am ready to help in fixing bugs and share ideas on how and what to improve. If this is acceptable, of course.

17 hours ago, Mugz said:

I installed the last update and was a little disappointed that small bugs were not fixed, but nevertheless significant and greatly reduce the pleasure of the flight.

List of bugs that I would very much like to see in the list of fixes:

1) Throttle Axis 0-100% command does not work
2) DM LT LH / RH Emissive texture is too bright and does not change brightness from knob.
3) ALT does not respond to physical bind. Only with the mouse.
4) The Light switch and many other elements cannot be configured on the bindings of the simulator
5) Incorrect switch logic is still relevant. Scroll the mouse wheel down, the switch works up / down. It is more logical to turn it down - switch to a minimum, up to a maximum, click min / max (this is for two-position switches)
6) There is still no logic for three-position ones. Click the top part - switch up, the bottom - down.
7) Periodically, some switches switch randomly when you rotate the camera by holding down the right mouse button.
😎 PA / CHIME / CALL / EMER buttons stopped turning on. They just click.
9) Terrain radar does not work
10) Weather radar does not work
11) Almost all animation is sharp (instant). No smoothness of switching
12) Payload does not work (values do not match in EFB and simulator).
13) Keybind "SET ALTIMITER" still works strangely. Resets the pressure value to the standard value, and the next press sets the real one. And so in a circle (it is always correct to set the current pressure value. To set the standard there is a bind "SET ALTIMETER TO MSL PRESSURE"
14) Cockpit is illuminated by an external light source (ground service vehicles for example). Seems like transparent
15) All displays are backlit at night (not completely black). It’s like they’re on.
16) There are no pilot models inside the plane and options to enable / disable.

I understand that the list of bugs will seem ridiculous to someone and not worth the attention of developers, especially considering that you are working hard on new projects, but nevertheless. I can fix some of these things myself, but you do not allow me to create modifications for your aircraft. I can correct and send you to include in the subsequent correction (I already wrote to you about this).

Waiting for your reply.
Cheers.

P.S. With great pleasure I am ready to help in fixing bugs and share ideas on how and what to improve. If this is acceptable, of course.

Please do not submit a “list” of bugs. There is a pinned post in the forum rules section specifically asking users not to do this.

Nevertheless, I will answer some specifics. I cannot give you any information about how bindings with external hardware controllers do, or do not work (such as the altitude selector) - that would have to come from Hans.

The CRJ requires Throttle (x) to work - not Throttle (x) 1-100. I use that same binding for the throttles in all default MSFS aircraft as well, and it works perfectly. I assume there is some advantage (to you, and perhaps others) to use the 1-100 percent binding but at this time the plain Throttle (x) is what is required.

WASM does not support using the left mouse arrow above/below a switch to actuate 3-state switches. The mouse wheel is currently the only way to do it. MSFS does not support the right mouse button for switch actuation even in the default aircraft. The mouse wheel does work perfectly for 3-state switches. The fact that a particular function does not work the way you (personally) would like it to work does not constitute a “bug” if there is an alternate way to do it that does work. 

The direction of wheel rotation vs. switch motion is a matter of personal preference. I had nothing to do with how it is programmed but have no issue with how it currently works - while you do. That’s fine, but it has to be one or the other, so no matter which option we choose, undoubtedly some users will not like it.

Likewise the current lack of terrain display and weather radar is in no way a “bug” in the CRJ. As has been explained multiple times, the WASM SDK simply does not have any functions to implement either. I am very sure that Asobo is well aware that current and future developers of WASM-based add-ons want and need such functionality, but only Asobo can answer the question of when such features will be added. Aerosoft cannot speak for them.

The unusual behavior of the baro set in response to pressing the B key is indeed some kind of bug, since default aircraft do not do that, but at the moment, it has not been addressed. It is on the bug tracker. 

EFB changes to passenger and cargo changes do not update in the default MSFS loading menu - that is true, but the CRJ was not designed or intended to be used with the default MSFS load menu. The aircraft load stations are highly customized, and the EFB is the only way to insure that weights go into the correct places, and that the CG is correct. 

Anything having to do with animations, lighting or textures is outside of my knowledge area - you can post specific questions about these issues that perhaps a developer can answer, but in the future, please post one, and only one actual or suspected bug per post.

1 hour ago, JRBarrett said:

Nevertheless, I will answer some specifics. I cannot give you any information about how bindings with external hardware controllers do, or do not work (such as the altitude selector) - that would have to come from Hans.

I will do. All controllers directly changes specified SimVars (used by command), everything what you need catch changes of SimVars (and better to set all animation to SimVars instead of LVars)

The CRJ requires Throttle (x) to work - not Throttle (x) 1-100. I use that same binding for the throttles in all default MSFS aircraft as well, and it works perfectly. I assume there is some advantage (to you, and perhaps others) to use the 1-100 percent binding but at this time the plain Throttle (x) is what is required.

Yes. It's Required, but why? Throttle (X) not work with detents on axis i'm right?

WASM does not support using the left mouse arrow above/below a switch to actuate 3-state switches. The mouse wheel is currently the only way to do it. MSFS does not support the right mouse button for switch actuation even in the default aircraft. The mouse wheel does work perfectly for 3-state switches. The fact that a particular function does not work the way you (personally) would like it to work does not constitute a “bug” if there is an alternate way to do it that does work. 

Cockpit interaction not used WASM. I'ts modelbehaviour. I post some month ago proof of concept. And i can do this without WASM module. Also MSFS support RightMouse (can prove also), all what you need to do - remove FreeLook from Right Button.

The direction of wheel rotation vs. switch motion is a matter of personal preference. I had nothing to do with how it is programmed but have no issue with how it currently works - while you do. That’s fine, but it has to be one or the other, so no matter which option we choose, undoubtedly some users will not like it.

Actually, i mean. For two position switch, If you scroll mouse down - switch must stop at last position and not return back. If you want return back - scrollup. It's not personal preference, it's logical.

Likewise the current lack of terrain display and weather radar is in no way a “bug” in the CRJ. As has been explained multiple times, the WASM SDK simply does not have any functions to implement either. I am very sure that Asobo is well aware that current and future developers of WASM-based add-ons want and need such functionality, but only Asobo can answer the question of when such features will be added. Aerosoft cannot speak for them.

So, why A32NX/CJ4/TBM930 all other aircraft have terrain/weather, but no in CRJ?

If it WASM SDK issue, create with same method like default aircraft?

EFB changes to passenger and cargo changes do not update in the default MSFS loading menu - that is true, but the CRJ was not designed or intended to be used with the default MSFS load menu. The aircraft load stations are highly customized, and the EFB is the only way to insure that weights go into the correct places, and that the CG is correct. 

So, it will be fixed? I ask, it because if i set Payload in Sim to 0 - i cant fly.

Anything having to do with animations, lighting or textures is outside of my knowledge area - you can post specific questions about these issues that perhaps a developer can answer, but in the future, please post one, and only one actual or suspected bug per post.

I already do that, but all without answer.

Thanks a lot for you reply, you create good plane, but it will be better.

Please fix the throttle for Xbox controller - i've request refund at Microsoft this is unacceptable, after months of flying CRJ700 I can't use it anymore

vor 35 Minuten, Mugz sagte:

o, why A32NX/CJ4/TBM930 all other aircraft have terrain/weather, but no in CRJ?

If it WASM SDK issue, create with same method like default aircraft?

all the Aircraft you mention here do not use WASM. They use the JS/HTML coding instead of C++ trough WASM.

Please correct me if i talk nonsense.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 minute ago, Sandro Vitalini said:

all the Aircraft you mention here do not use WASM. They use the JS/HTML coding instead of C++ trough WASM.

Please correct me if i talk nonsense.

You are correct....
And C++ is the only proper way to do high comlexity with good performance.

• Deputy Sheriffs
21 minutes ago, Nixxx said:

Please fix the throttle for Xbox controller - i've request refund at Microsoft this is unacceptable, after months of flying CRJ700 I can't use it anymore

Please don't highcheck other topics. Regarding the gamepad we have already several other topics.

43 minutes ago, Mugz said:

So, it will be fixed? I ask, it because if i set Payload in Sim to 0 - i cant fly.

There is nothing to fix....The EFB is the only correct way, as the aircraft load stations are highly customized.

43 minutes ago, Mugz said:

I will do. All controllers directly changes specified SimVars (used by command), everything what you need catch changes of SimVars (and better to set all animation to SimVars instead of LVars)

That sometimes not possible. If you use custom code/functions, you have to use LVar an no SimVar in many cases.

1 hour ago, masterhawk said:

That sometimes not possible. If you use custom code/functions, you have to use LVar an no SimVar in many cases.

I hear to many times "It's not possible" from Aerosoft, but what if it possible?

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, Mugz said:

I hear to many times "It's not possible" from Aerosoft, but what if it possible?

if things are possible we will always try to implement them! But we have to work within the confines of the simulator and the SDK. 

Archived