Throttle/Engine Delay

Segwin

Has anyone else noticed a delay in throttle response under certain conditions?

This has happened to me a few times where I'm trying to see how it flies on a ILS and I hold it, as long as I can to see how stable the ISL approach is. I'm doing around 140 knts and the plane starts to drop below the GS. I take it off of AP, go full throttle, and the plane continues to sink and the engines seem unresponsive - no way to clean up and accelerate for a missed approach.

I haven't been paying attention to what the gauges say as it comes on pretty quick and you're trying to salvage the ship.

First want to see if others are seeing this before I spend the time trying to duplicate.

Up to now I'm pretty sure I was always able to keep the vref in short final easily with the throttle (which from the last update is finally "following my inputs" and not going up and down by his own like before).

Same for missed approaches, I did 3 m.a. in the last 2 days without any "throttle strange behaviour".

I would ask you to be sure:

1. Are you sure you are not giving throttle "too late" when the speed is pretty low?

2. Are you also sure you are not at a very low speed pitching up to climb while giving thrust? It won't for sure "increase" so much the speed in such pre-stall condition.

3. Have you disble the anti-ice systems while in approach (if conditions allows)? Them enabled for nothing would not help as they "eat" a bunch of N1...

Hello Andrea and thanks for the reply.

Possibly number 3 on your list. I'll keep and eye out should it happen again.

Thanks!

I've noticed this after the patch too, but I don't think there is necessarily anything 'wrong' here - I just assumed Aerosoft tweaked the engine spooling up (and down) effect to be more pronounced. 

In a turbine or turbojet, you MUST stay ahead of the aircraft with regards to the throttle.  If you don't you will find your speed above or below where you want to be and that is not bueno.  Very different from piston engines.

CRJ Mechanic here. I've noticed the N1 acceleration is very slow to get to target.  While the AMM does not state what the time spec for the N1 target it, it does specify the N2 target, which is 95% of N2 max within 10 seconds.  I'll have to pay close attention to N2 on my next flight, but N1 certainly lags excessively the way it is modeled. CF34 is a pretty small engine and the N1 comes up to speed very quickly in my experience.

Archived