FMS Isn't Responsive.......

Hello all, 

Is there a reason  to make FMS do not accept airports like KMSP (origin)  or KBIL (destination) or KSHR (alternative) without giving an error message? I use the FMS keyboard typing the letters and hit the corresponding button like I do all the time, I see the word for less than a second than it's gone also I see the word EXEC at bottom right and disappears too.....

IRS is aligned, POS INIT is filled with GNSS1 coordinates and all coordinates seems OK.

I even looked outside of the plane to confirm I am actually in Minneapolis?

I am using V1.0.3.0

Best regards

Alaa 

OK, I made the  flight last night KMSP-KBIL and all was fine, FMS accepted the airport cods, my best guess is, it was one time thing?

I remembered, when I started my flight in C&D situation, and while conducting the initial checks as per CL, I realized that the Landing gear was at the UP positions which was unusual and a first.

Thanks 

• 6 months later...

I have all of the latest updates and this happens every time I arrive and try to enter a new flight plan.  The airport (departure or arrival) displays for less than a second and disappears.  The only way i can get it to work is go to the main menu and star the flight over.  Very annoying.  Any ideas?  It ONLY happens after the initial flight is finished.  I have tried to find a way to "reset" the FMS but so far nothing works.  

Sure.  It happens after I complete any flight (FMS works perfectly on the first flight).  When the flight is complete and the plane is stopped with the parking brake on (engines on or off) I try to enter the next flight plan.  As described above - when I enter either the departure or arrival airport for the next leg of the flight into the FPLN page the 4 square boxes briefly change to the airport code, then quickly go back to the 4 square boxes.   No matter what I do I cannot enter a new flight plan.  The only way I can enter a new flight plan is to go back to the main menu of MSFS and start a new flight.  I have tried to perform the POS INIT but it makes no difference.  

To confirm - the first flight never has a problem, but I cannot enter a new flight plan when it is finished.  This happens to me 100% of the time.  

@Doug Johnson ok so I just took a flight from EDLP to LOWI, landed (safe) at LOWI, did the shut down procedure leaving the ACFT on EXT Power (so ENG OFF, APU OFF, IRS alligned).

I went to the FMC and BEFORE entering the new DEP/ARR airport, I went through the POS INIT page again. EDLP was still there so replaced it with LOWI and also the POS was not updated so did that also. I then went to FPLN page and entered LOWI as DEP and EDLP as ARR. Everything went smooth (no freezing, CTD, whatsoever).

So the first Q would be: did you went through the POS INIT page again?

I just made two short flights (EDDM-EDDN-EDDM). Shortly after landing in Nuremberg the flightplan just disappeared from the FMS. However, it was possible to enter the data for the return flight. After landing in Munich the flightplan disappeared again and this time the FMS showed the same quirk as @Doug Johnson stated above.

Archived