VOR tracking not working

I seem to be having some difficult getting VOR tracking to work. Using the green needles, with a VOR tuned and course set, hitting NAV does not appear to do anything. It was my understanding it would track the VOR on the selected course. Manual also selected on the CDU radio page. When following this procedure, VOR1 is annunicated in white and then green however, the aircraft either flies straight through the set course, continuing on its heading or, in one case (below) starts turning away from the set course.

You can see the problem first hand in the below linked segment from my stream. I try to track both an outbound and inbound course after the aircraft fails to follow the FMS plotted route. You can also see an issue whereby a fix that I'd previous set was not showing on the MFD, though I can open a separate topic for that if that's preferred.

6 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

I can confirm that VOR tracking in NAV mode is not working correctly. I have posted this to our bug tracking system.

Thank you for looking into this!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also, the VOR course sync now works correctly- when you press the center of the CRS knob with a VOR tuned, the CDI will auto-rotate to center the needle on the “TO” course to the VOR.

22 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

Also, the VOR course sync now works correctly- when you press the center of the CRS knob with a VOR tuned, the CDI will auto-rotate to center the needle on the “TO” course to the VOR.

Fantastic news! Thanks for the update!

Archived