AC Not Overweight But Won't Taxi Above Idle

aaron graham

Hello fellow simmers.

As you probably gauged from the title, I'm having a bit of an issue when it comes to taxiing the aircraft.

To begin, I'll just say I've watched multiple tutorials in regards to setting the payload of the aircraft to ensure that it is within the performance envelope, not overweight, and well balanced. I use LBS as opposed to KGs and also do my simbrief flight planning under the same LBS structure. Also, I do not use/modify the MSFS weight and balance found in the main start menu.

All that said, after going through all my start up flows/programming and it is time to taxi out, I find that my CRJ700 will not budge after engine start with the throttles above idle. In fact I have to move N1 up to about 60% just to get rolling to which the plane then practically accelerates and becomes hard to slow down. Once it does slow and I move the throttle quadrant just above idle, i hear the engines spool and see the gauges on the PFD respond but the plane just sits there.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Archived